Options

*** Mexico City 12/10 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited December 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here. :)

Set list: Better Man, Corduroy, Whipping, Save You, Animal, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Untitled/MFC, Nothingman, Small Town, State Of Love and Trust, Jeremy, Insignificance, Daughter/(It's Okay" by Dead Moon sung in Spanish), Do The Evolution, Blood*

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, Hard To Imagine, Black, Alive*
2nd encore: Porch, Last Kiss, Kick Out The Jams, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter*
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Looks like a stellar set, Hard to Imagine!!!! Do the *s after Blood, Alive and YL mean anything?
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Nothingman!!!!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    coldloccoldloc Posts: 960
    Playing It's Okay in three shows in a row? That's surreal. Seriously, Mexican fans are lucky as hell. :D
    walking tightrope high
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,921
    Do the *s after Blood, Alive and YL mean anything?

i was wondering the same thing

besides it being the songs that ended each set??
  • Options
    Looks like a stellar set, Hard to Imagine!!!! Do the *s after Blood, Alive and YL mean anything?

Maybe they used a mariachi band to help perform?
  • Options
    I am VERY CURIOUS to hear PJ's version of "Kick Out The Jams."
    i don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence
  • Options
    someone tell us what those damned asterisks mean!
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    yeah wtf!? I was thinking that the "*" means : with special guests.. perhaps PJ and Chris Cornell :p ?
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    Better Man as an opener song.. nice!
    Nothingman: I really wanted to hear this one in Chile
    Hard To Imagine.. damn! one of my favourites.

the rest.. was just a standard setlist IMHO.
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    I wasn't there. In fact, I wasn't at any of the South American or North American '05 shows. I say this as a guy from mid-America who can't afford travelling and ticket costs so he just buys a couple of official bootlegs in anticipation of a full-blown North American tour in '06.

To be honest, since this is the end of the Central/South American tour I was expecting one of those signature epic, long shows. It's not that I think this is a bad set or anything. It's just that I've been putting off buying any more bootlegs after Buenos Aires 1 and 2 and Sao Paolo 1 because I thought these last couple of shows would deviate more from the standard South American setlists (not necessarily the order songs played in, but the actual songs played). They really didn't. Nothingman and Hard to Imagine are nice though.

However, the guys aren't in their twenties anymore and the amazingly energetic setlists they have been playing on this last leg of their '05 tours has got to be exhausting for them. So, I understand the slightly shorter shows. (After all, the one time I did see them in '03 they only played 22 songs [Kansas City] but it is still the best concert I've ever been to.) With them wanting to play these kinds of setlists knowing that they are heading back into the recording studio I am all the more intrigued by the forthcoming new album now.

That all said, I hope I didn't disparage the experiences of anyone who was actually at these Mexico concerts.
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I made it to first row last night with Barbara, a board member that came all the way from London... don't even know what to say, I'm out of words, even while I'm writing this I can feel my spine shivering, I'm happy and I also feel like crying, such a strong emotion. I'm not only a PJ fan, but a Brad fan as well, so I kept looking to Stone all night... like in the 2nd. song he just turned his head and saw me rocking, I put my hand on the heart and pointed out to him, he was like "yes, I know". And we just kept smiling, and looking at each other, him nodding his head like saying "you're crazy, man!" At the end we got a pick from him (we could have an other, but you know, shit happens).
    Rockin' in the Free World was just hilarious, with tambourines flying all over the stage and PJ's and Mudhoney's guys trying to catch them, I was just laughing.
    Couldn't belive it when they played MOTH and Hard to Imagine. Blood to close the main set was just so intense.
    An unforgettable experience, I feel so touched.
    ...But I still NEED to hear INDIFFERENCE.
    Peace, everyone.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    solat_girlsolat_girl Posts: 1,498
    OMG... Hard To Imagine!!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, they play Porch
    12/07/2005 Monterrey, MX
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    set list was very similar to the Gorge. That was a very special/emotional show and I reckon this one was as well.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    i can barely speak, the show was even better than the one of dec 9th, Hard to Imagine, Untitled (with added lyrics), Esta Bien, Whipping, Insignificance, Blood, MOTH, all i can say is thank you for giving us a great couple of shows.
    I shit and I stink, I'm new join the club...

07/17/03, 07/18/03, 07/19/03
  • Options
    rockfordrockford Posts: 150
    barcoach wrote:
    I made it to first row last night with Barbara, a board member that came all the way from London... don't even know what to say, I'm out of words, even while I'm writing this I can feel my spine shivering, I'm happy and I also feel like crying, such a strong emotion. I'm not only a PJ fan, but a Brad fan as well, so I kept looking to Stone all night... like in the 2nd. song he just turned his head and saw me rocking, I put my hand on the heart and pointed out to him, he was like "yes, I know". And we just kept smiling, and looking at each other, him nodding his head like saying "you're crazy, man!" At the end we got a pick from him (we could have an other, but you know, shit happens).
    Rockin' in the Free World was just hilarious, with tambourines flying all over the stage and PJ's and Mudhoney's guys trying to catch them, I was just laughing.
    Couldn't belive it when they played MOTH and Hard to Imagine. Blood to close the main set was just so intense.
    Peace, everyone.

Awesome! Glad to hear Barbara had such good luck (and you too!). Wish I could have been there, especially after hearing rumors of being in the front row. :-)
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • Options
    1vs51vs5 Posts: 289
    can someone post the lyrics to IT'S OK in spanish?
    thx
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here. :)

Set list: Better Man, Corduroy, Whipping, Save You, Animal, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Untitled/MFC, Nothingman, Small Town, State Of Love and Trust, Jeremy, Insignificance, Daughter/(It's Okay" by Dead Moon sung in Spanish), Do The Evolution, Blood*

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, Hard To Imagine, Black, Alive*
    2nd encore: Porch, Last Kiss, Kick Out The Jams, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter*

that is the most amazing setlist i have ever seen.

i am so jealous.
    that's faarkokte.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Hard to imagine!! WOW

also some great songs I love that aren't always played...

Cool setlist.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    barcoach wrote:
    Peace, everyone.

aww, that's so cool, mate!
    i feel happy just reading this!

i'm so glad all you south americans finally got your chance to see pearl jam... awesome shows, awesome reviews...
    i'm sure the band had a blast as well!
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • Options
    nothingman!!... i'm listening to it now... lucky mexicans, i was in chile and i wanted to hear it there... great first set btw!
  • Options
    ...all this talking about setlist.....
    ....but at the end,i believe,what matters is the performance....
    and the audience....
    been lucky to see few show of the tour....never been disappointed.....

keep on rocking in the free world........
  • Options
    WHAT DO THE ASTERISKS MEAN?!?!?!
  • Options
    ...all this talking about setlist.....
    ....but at the end,i believe,what matters is the performance....
    and the audience....
    been lucky to see few show of the tour....never been disappointed.....

keep on rocking in the free world........

Yup, you're right,,,

I had been in 3 concerts before this one, but what made this one sooooo fucking special was not the setlist -which was cool though-, but the powerful and commited performance, and such an unbelievable audience.

I think also that Eddie was kinda pissed sometimes because he wanted the concert to be flawless, so, when he couldn't express himself in Spanish he got a bit mad, and when he forgot his guitar to start "It's OK", he got a waaay mad,,,

Anyway, it was just an amazing performance. I went with a friend from the US who liked the band, but wasn't a fan at all, and he has gone to all this concerts of different rock bands and he told me this was the best concert ever because of that,, the band just put a great performance together and the audience was full of energy,, he loved the lighters thing, well, I guess we all did.

Yeah, I hope this could be a new DVD, you have to watch it for yourselves.
  • Options
    psycosmic wrote:
    aww, that's so cool, mate!
    i feel happy just reading this!

i'm so glad all you south americans finally got your chance to see pearl jam... awesome shows, awesome reviews...
    i'm sure the band had a blast as well!

psy, bro, I dunno but I thought a lot about you this weekend -the whole SMC, but especially you.... don't really know why, maybe 'cause I know we both love so many bands... but you know, the whole thing that surrounds PJ is particularly special... I really hope to have the chance to see a few shows in Europe next year, it's like a personal commitment... and hope to have the chance to meet you, as I was lucky enough to meet so amazing persons this unforgettable weekend.

Really, you gotta hear the boot, man!!

Cheers!
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    rockford wrote:
    Awesome! Glad to hear Barbara had such good luck (and you too!). Wish I could have been there, especially after hearing rumors of being in the front row. :-)

That girl is luck itself breathing and walking!!!

I'll be waiting to meet you next time around in Mexico!!!

Rock on!!!
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    Yeah, I hope this could be a new DVD, you have to watch it for yourselves.

Everything was way too amazing, Blood, state, rocking, MFC averything was amazing

I support the idea of a DVD, well maybe not just this concert but all of the SA and Mexico Tour it would be perfect, and by the way I saw a crew with a camera just behind the court bar maybe it´ll be a DVD lets just hope so
  • Options
    Oh, by the way,, the posters were sold out pretty early, so I couldn't get one,, anybody wanna trade one? Please let me know, or at least can anyone post an image of it? I couldn't even see it
  • Options
    WHAT DO THE ASTERISKS MEAN?!?!?!
    end of the specified set?

not really sure.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    1vs5 wrote:
    can someone post the lyrics to IT'S OK in spanish?
    thx
    esta bien
    tu ya no te tienes que esconder
    esta bien
    sabes que te quiero como ayer
    este soy yo, esta es mi vida
    esta mia tu vida
    este soy yo, esta es mi vida
    tal vez no
    esta es mi voz
    y nada ya se queda aqui

I think thats it