Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here**

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited February 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Loved that set list! :) It sure didn't feeeel generic. :p
xo
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Immortality? Bee Girl? 2 sweet closers!!!! Man you have a skewed view of what average is.

Let me add footsteps and U as evidence of your insanity!
    :)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Yeah they played lots of Lost Dogs I see, which is excellent. Gotta love those songs.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    OK. Amazing concert! Granted the setlist was a bit generic and set 1 was almost identical to the one they played in Vancouver 03, but that said, it was the best I've heard them. They came out with tons of energy and they had tons of fun out there. The crowd was fantastic as well. The sound was having issued for the first couple of songs as Eddie's mic was having problems as well as Mike's guitar solos were a bit muffled. Honestly after hearing tons of boots as well as seeing all of the DVD's, I can honestly say that I've never seen/heard the band as intense as they were last night which more than made up for the generic setlist. All in all a great show.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    how was the crowd in vancouver? loud? intense?
    and was the place packed with fans behind the stage and up to the ceiling or was the show a complete failure in terms of ticket sales according to starfu#ker???? could you play a full game of soccer on the floor?
    thanks!
    mike
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    i posted this elsewhere... its kinda like my dream setlist :D

pearl jam > australia > 2006 :)
    wah
  • Options
    You usually get two things at Pearl Jam concerts in Vancouver, a really amazing crowd, and a sing-a-long fest. Last night was no different. While the setlist was as most are saying, generic, the show itself I think propelled by the crowd was very intense. Mike and Matt were on fire. I can't tell you how many scissor kicks Mike did, he probably did like 7 alone on Babe! And Matt, well what can I say, I love hard drumming and was he ever pounding last night. Nice drum solo on Immortality.

During Baba Jeff did a really funny dance with Mike, then later did a full dance (spinning around in piroets with his hand over his head) across the stage. Good stuff.

I guess my only complaint for the night would be my tenclub seats. I was side of stage with an obstructed view by the wires coming down. While a buddy of mine who has a worse # than me was like row 25 on the floor. I think being on the floor row 25 (at least for me cause I am tall) would probably be better because it is easier to get into the show when you are looking right at the band. Being sidestage you somewhat just get to see, well the side of people. However with that said I was on Mike's side and did get to see some ripping solos.

Anyway this and Gorge were a good start to the tour, 15 shows to go, 8,000+ kilometers. If anyone sees our van along the way give us a honk, or come stop by and say hello!
  • Options
    HO CAN A SETLIST WITH RELEASE ON IT POSSIBLY BE GENERIC?????????

That aside:

I think we are starting to take songs like Immortality, Nothingman, Blood ,Alive, DTE, GTF, Baba etc for granted...
    What I mean is that the overall setlist is much more imortant than a couple of rarities.
    Add Footsteps Bee Girl and U (those are rarities aren't they?!?) and 29 total songs and you have what seems to me one of the best setlists in recent PJ live history.
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    Alright maybe generic was the wrong word. They played the hits tonight with a lot of overlap from the 2003 show, few rarities too. Footsteps was wonderful, as was Immortality and U. Blood is also really rocking my @ss off lately, man Ed can scream. Great little improve tonight on Wishlist, did anyone catch it?

Something like Come to a country, that doesn't go always go to war, come to a country, that takes care of it's poor, I wish my country did the same, but they set a good example or something like that can't fully remember anymore.
  • Options
    You usually get two things at Pearl Jam concerts in Vancouver, a really amazing crowd, and a sing-a-long fest. Last night was no different. While the setlist was as most are saying, generic, the show itself I think propelled by the crowd was very intense. Mike and Matt were on fire. I can't tell you how many scissor kicks Mike did, he probably did like 7 alone on Babe! And Matt, well what can I say, I love hard drumming and was he ever pounding last night. Nice drum solo on Immortality.

During Baba Jeff did a really funny dance with Mike, then later did a full dance (spinning around in piroets with his hand over his head) across the stage. Good stuff.

I guess my only complaint for the night would be my tenclub seats. I was side of stage with an obstructed view by the wires coming down. While a buddy of mine who has a worse # than me was like row 25 on the floor. I think being on the floor row 25 (at least for me cause I am tall) would probably be better because it is easier to get into the show when you are looking right at the band. Being sidestage you somewhat just get to see, well the side of people. However with that said I was on Mike's side and did get to see some ripping solos.

Anyway this and Gorge were a good start to the tour, 15 shows to go, 8,000+ kilometers. If anyone sees our van along the way give us a honk, or come stop by and say hello!

what is your 10c # and what is your friends? trying to get an idea of what kind of seats i will be getting
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    I was 202xxx and row 15 dead side stage. They were obviously alternating sides of stage by pairs as my one buddy (who I am doing the tour with and has an almost identical tenclub # as me) was sitting in the exact same row and seats as me just on the other side. One buddy was 208xxx and he was row 25 floor. Another buddy was 192xxx and he was row 8 dead Stone stage.
  • Options
    I was 202xxx and row 15 dead side stage. They were obviously alternating sides of stage by pairs as my one buddy (who I am doing the tour with and has an almost identical tenclub # as me) was sitting in the exact same row and seats as me just on the other side. One buddy was 208xxx and he was row 25 floor. Another buddy was 192xxx and he was row 8 dead Stone stage.

that is not a good sign for me .. im 208xxx and headed to kitch and london and according to touring fans there will be a lot more 10c members..

there had to be a some 10c members last night way up there if you ended up with those seats
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    After listening for years and years and waiting to see PJ, last night was my first show.

I was absolutely blown away. I could probably write an entire novel on how incredible the experience was, but I'll keep it short :D The seats were pretty much what I figured (in the wings on Mike's side, close to the aisle and 21 rows up), and although the cord hanging down from the stage was annoying, it really didn't matter once the music kicked up. The two guys sitting behind us were from California and had been to the Gorge the night before, they were just great to talk to! They even got their opener they had been guessing at.

When Release came on, I am pretty sure tears came to my eyes. After that many years I couldn't believe the music was being generated right in front of me. All the guys in the band looked amazing (nice beard, Stone!), and I just have to say, Eddie sounded INCREDIBLE. His voice is in top form, I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I'm trying to keep it short! When they played Given to Fly, I think I died a little inside; I've never danced so hard in a public setting. Incredible. And then BLOOD! was nuts!! Bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yay bow wow yippee yo yippee yay. Alive was insane, Eddie was moving around like he was back in '92. Footsteps was great to hear; U sounded really good too, although I felt like the only one who knew all the words :D I nearly crapped myself when I heard that really slooow jam for Porch start up; what an amazing version that was! And then, of course, Yellow Ledbetter....everything was beautiful.

So much for keeping it short, eh? Anyways, I am just so thankful I was there; I will never forget any of that. I hope I get to experience it again :D
  • Options
    Ya know what's weird... my 10c # is 327XXX and I was row 22 on the floor almost center stage at The Gorge. I don't know how that happened, but I wasn't going to complain. They were awesome seats. :):) Thanks 10club!

I'm also glad to hear they played Bee Girl and Immortality. I only wish they would've played them at The Gorge. Those were two songs that I really wanted to hear. I'll settle for Undone, Hard to Imagine and LowLight. Those were great to hear Thurs. night!
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    My Gorge seats were really good. Row 17 dead center. Felt a lot closer too since the seats were so close together.
  • Options
    Yeah...they're really could not have been a bad seat at that show. The venue is set up so well. It was an awesome show!
    "If you guys wanna stick around we're willing to make this the longest Pearl Jam show that ever has been played" -EV, State College, PA, 5/3/03
    --
    5/3/03-State College
    7/12/03-Hershey
    10/1/04-Reading
    10/2/04-Toledo
    9/1/05- The Gorge
    7/22/06 & 7/23/06 THE GORGE!
    Tonight... WE ROCK THE GORGE!
  • Options
    that is not a good sign for me .. im 208xxx and headed to kitch and london and according to touring fans there will be a lot more 10c members..

there had to be a some 10c members last night way up there if you ended up with those seats

no, there probably won't be more at these 2 shows...Vancouver was the only venue to sell out of 10C tix
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Options
    beezbeez Posts: 22
    I've seen them 14 times now dating back to 4/17/94 in New York and this was definitely the best show I've seen. Yes, maybe the setlist was a bit generic, sprinkled with several gems throughout, but the band was absolutely electric. From start to finish, I've never experienced such crackling energy. The crowd was great and the band was on fire. By the way, it didn't hurt that I had front row on Mike's side. 12 years as member of the Ten Club and I finally made it to the first row! Thanks to the Ten Club for the amazing seats and especially to the band for being the Greatest Rock & Roll Band ever!
  • Options
    "I wish I came from a country that never went to war, I wish I came from a country that took care of its poor *I was screaming, didn't catch the next part*, in the meantime, thanks for the example *more screaming, missed the last line*". Pretty cool.

So this was my first PJ concert, and man I was not disappointed. No, you couldn't play soccer on the floor- it was packed- I was in the balcony so I had a good view of the crowd!

I know on these boards there are always a lot of people who go to a lot of shows, but for a first timer this one was not generic, more perfect. I regret that it is over. I have never heard as many people singing as when they played Better Man, and I didn't know anyone could play guitar while basically performing all the events at a track meet, like Matt (?) did. Although there was mike problems at the beginning, like someone said. Also, Vedder told us about his kid coming up, which was pretty cool.

30 songs, 3 encores, 2 1/2 hours, wow. And the crowd was really really loud.
    These questions might be answered somewhere else, I haven't looked yet, and I am not complaining, but I noticed that Jeremy, Once, and Crazy Mary were not played- do they ever play these songs, or are they avoided for certain reasons?

I have also heard elsewhere that some people (and I see we have to remain respectful here) have problems with PJ concerts because EV gives speeches, but for myself I kind of wish he had talked more- again not a complaint at all. He said three things I think, none of which was political, the only instance of that I saw was the above quote from Wishlist.

It was a highlight for me, a great way to end the summer!
    C'est temps! Au revoir!
  • Options
    My fanview (not ADD friendly):

When Pearl Jam comes to town, how can you not be excited? You listen to them at parties, on your mp3 players, and in your vehicles all year round. Then the 10C gives you the shot at getting the best tickets in the house for a great price. Speaking as a kid from the 70’s, you can now get a tank of gas for the price of a Pearl Jam concert. How can you afford to miss the moving train these guys are on when they play live?

Moving forward. Good karma all around all day and night. Met some cool fans getting my tickets in the early afternoon and helped some out too. Gave a big bottle of Canadian wine to the ticket booth to pass on to the 10C – hope they got it – and if not, hopefully someone took it down and passed it around.

I brought my girlfriend to her first Pearl Jam concert. She bought me a shirt and even recognized a few songs. She was disappointed we had three encores and the Def Leppard show she went to last week only had one. Nevertheless, she had a wonderful time and we danced in the aisles. Thanks 10C for great seats. We’re both tall and they put us in row 23 where there was a walkway plenty of room to dance and not get in the way of the people behind us or in front of us. I’m sure they arranged that for us. ;)

The Supersuckers were a heavy and loud band and I was rocking out to them by myself while my girl was off getting a shirt. I’m seeing three more shows in Ontario during this tour and although I look forward to seeing Sleater-Kinney, I wish I could have seen these guys again.

The last Supersuckers song had a special guest. Some guy in a silver suit with a wrestling mask on came out to sing with them and had the rest of the crowd standing for their finale. Some guessed it was Eddie. Some guessed it was Nicolas Cage. I think it was Tom Petty.

The setlist was amazing. What I love about a Pearl Jam show is you are always happy with what you get and also realize how many good songs they just don’t get a chance to play. How many other bands have played three consecutive nights and play close to 100 different songs without a repeat?

No Bushleaguer. No political messages tonight. No upcoming album songs were played. Although I would have also enjoyed listening to the preceding stuff, it was just good ole rock and roll tonight and an escape from the recent negative news in our world.

In summary, a great mix of their work was performed. Highlights for me were Go and Animal back to back after Release kicked things off. Mike was a magician as per usual with the guitar behind his head and was jumping throughout the night. Ed was swinging the microphone around and even smashed the stand once. Jeff was bouncing and did a pirouette during an encore song. Stone rocked out on Evolution. Matt destroyed Immortality. Boom’s hands were surfing along fine and the whole band were having fun with the rest of us.

½ Full was amazing. This is a rocking tune and my fave off of Riot Act. They jammed at the end of the song and Ed reflected a mirror throughout the crowd during the end of it. When the mirror ball showed up for Wishlist I was hoping that amazing performance would be followed by the power chords to start ‘Downtown’ with Neil Young. We are way too spoiled to even think about that. The mirror ball was still twirling but the next note was from the page of intensity with Lukin going into a great Grievance.

Blood ended off the main set list and the band was tight. In a move I never thought I’d do, even I had to pull out my cell phone, speed dial my brother in Ontario who was likely sleeping, and leave the intensity of Blood on his voicemail to give him a fix of what is to arrive out there soon.

The three encores were amazing and they were all wonderful tunes. Download them for yourselves. The band members had their arms around each other as McCready wailed away the final strums to Ledbetter and we all lived happily ever after on the night of September 2, 2005.

The rest of Canada is in for a treat.

If the band feeds off half the energy from these shows to inspire them to finish off their new album, we will be very fortunate people. Also, they will have to come back to play those songs I would think….

See you in Kitchener, London, and Toronto. And if anyone sees the band, please ask them to play ‘Present Tense’ or ‘Light Years’ in any of those venues if you get the chance.
  • Options
    I sure could go for some pictures.

Anyone?
    Add your benaroya vinyl # to the list!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=104018
  • Options
    andydick8 wrote:
    I sure could go for some pictures.

Anyone?

I got some pics, I'll get them up in the next day or so.
    Me and the Mankind Duck sign ;) ---->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/caitzzz/001_0A.jpg

**Vancouver 09/02/05**
  • Options
    tbigwhoop wrote:
    The last Supersuckers song had a special guest. Some guy in a silver suit with a wrestling mask on came out to sing with them and had the rest of the crowd standing for their finale. Some guessed it was Eddie. Some guessed it was Nicolas Cage. I think it was Tom Petty.

Not likely Petty. He had a gig at The Gorge last night.
  • Options
    I loved both the Gorge and Vancouver! At the Gorge I finally got to be dead centre (8th row) in front of Eddie and for the first time I was on Mike's side (5th row) in Vancouver. I thought the band and the crowd were amazing on both nights. Love doing the road trips to see the band and new places. Thank you, thank you, thank you 10C. A great way to end the summer.
  • Options
    ok I gotta ask...what was the merch like?? Anything cool??
    Any Baby T's? or programs?
    Just wanna know how much I can expect to plow at the merch stand in Kitchener lol

Ohh ya did Eddie do a preset? I hear he came on with the supersuckers, which is cool.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Despite the horrible traffic coming up from Seattle, I just have one thing to say: I love Canada.

So many times you go to events where the sound level is high because they pump music the whole time (Sonics anyone?). But the crowd in Vancouver was - believe it or not - louder than the band. It was incredible.

I was disappointed at first in my 10-club seats - 20 rows up on Mike's side. But I was wrong, it was a great spot. My son and I couldn't believe the energy level a first, something that wasn't recreated later in the concert except for Evolution. Or perhaps it was me that was tired, when they played Porch I could hardly move.

Thanks 10 Club and thanks Pearl Jam; memories of two great shows that I'll always be able to share with my son.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Loved the setlist, maybe a little generic but that was fine and I loved hearing Evenflow, but going in I thought, do I really need to hear Alive? And no s***, last night it blew off the top of my head, they're still picking it off the roof of GM Place.
    Never really liked Bee Girl until last night, it was lovely and the way Eddie did it was like so touching. And sweet.
    My number (so sad) is 338XXX and our seats were not on the floor, but three rows up maybe 20 rows from the stage and they were great seats. We met a guy in the airport today whose number was like 220XXX and he was on the floor but pretty far back and said he would have rather been up higher. Go figure. We sat with great great people who'd been to the Gorge and told us all about it (Low Light at sunset sounds like it was incredible), and everybody around us was singing and dancing and I can barely talk today, I am so hoarse.
    Pearl Jam fans are the BEST.
    The show last night was awesome.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    wow... great show... JACK SHITTTTTTTTTT!!!!!! Damn dude good seeing you again and WHOO HOOO!! Lovefest in row 10! :D:D *squeeze*

Booms Organ says *Tylenol with CODEINE w/o Rx!* :p

Who the hell were those 2 tall ass guy geeks with the flyers joiseys anyway? ;):D See you in philly baby yeah! *wears a RANGERS JERSEY*

**AMENTSCHICK - HOT DAMN!!!!! DID YOU SEE THE JASS WHEN HE JUMPED ON THE DRUM RISER? :eek: :D

To the lady I almost socked in the face - Sorry but I dont care if you were drunk or not *sings* IT AINT MY FAULT

serious good show.. GO!!!! FUCK YEAH! thanks PJ!!! See you guys In calgary! (such a nice town!!! I love it)
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    I just listened to some of the bootleg and they changed a couple words on "Given to Fly" as well.
    C'est temps! Au revoir!
  • Options
    I had such an awesome time, it was so much fun. It was my first time seeing PJ in concert after looking forward to it for soo long, and I was not at all disappointed. The people were great, everyone was just so friendly and kind. And what noise!! Holy smokes!

To the two dudes from L.A. that I met- how exactly WERE you able to predict the first five songs of the show... did ya steal a setlist or something? :D

And Mike McCready... the man is magic. Some of the guitar wizardry was fabulous. He was so full of energy and so enthusiastic, he really kept the crowd roaring louder and louder. And he just went NUTS on DTE... gotta love it. Also, the solo he played behind his head... wow haha. Nothing like a little showmanship! :D

I had a great time, thank you Pearl Jam

P.S. nice beard Stone :p
    Me and the Mankind Duck sign ;) ---->http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/caitzzz/001_0A.jpg

**Vancouver 09/02/05**
  • Options
    I was at the Pearl Jam show in 03 and this one was much better. I have been to around 15 concerts, and last nights show was the best concert I have ever been to. The crowd was loud and totally into it. Eddie had a lot of energy and was dancing around like he did when he was younger, which I thought was awesome, and the band was amazing.

I didnt think the set was generic. They played all their old, good stuff which is what I wanted to hear. I am so happy they played Black this time. That is my favourite song. The only song I wished they had played was Jeremy. But oh well, the show was still sooo amazing. Hopefully they will play it next time they come here.

Peal Jam, keep on rockin'

~Ashley
    ~ Ashley