Options

*** Curitiba 11/30 Fanviews Here

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
edited December 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please tell us about it here. :)

Added...the bootleg is available at http://bootlegs.pearljam.com

Set List: Mike guitar solo/Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Grievance, Down, Better Man, Black, Once, Porch,

1st encore: Last Kiss (Ed solo), I Believe in Miracles, Jeremy, Spin the Black Circle, Kick Out the Jams by the MC5 (w/ Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney)

2nd encore: Whipping, Go, Indifference, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    we want bootleg!!! :)
  • Options
    from the RM board, don't know if this is official:

Soundcheck: U, Jeremy?

Set: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Grievance, Down, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Once, Porch,

Encore 1: Last Kiss, I Believe in Miracles, Jeremy, Spin the Black Circle, Kick Out the Jams (w/ Mudhoney)

Encore 2: Whipping, Go, Indifference, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    AcidgrooveAcidgroove Posts: 1,228
    It was really amazing!!!
    People from Brazil are very cool!
    Thanks Mike for the pic!

DVD of SA Tour!
    Viva PERON Carajo!
  • Options
    ibustiosibustios Posts: 132
    SAD and INDIFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT THE BOOTLEG!!!
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Black/Once/Porch to finish the first set? Nice.

And Dissident.... haven't seen this on a set for a while have we?

Some nice classic tunes at this show . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    They played Floyd?
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Kraven wrote:
    They played Floyd?

yep.......interstellar overdrive.............love it as an opener
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    that was the best show of my life, most definitely!

it started off so violently, with corduroy and without interruption do the evolution right behind it! then animal and save you! the crowd was jumping and singing, everyone just screaming!
    they played a personal favorite, dissident, that was so cool!
    the whole show was just so full of energy, pearl jam brings back lots of good times and bad times, and i was so full of good vibrations! i think everyone around me was feeling the same, everyone smiling and screaming.
    black was great, tururú tu tururú!
    after the show was over, we, the fans at the front, just looked at each other and couldnt say a word, we just hugged each other, total strangers united by one great band, one great singer who really could lead the crowd. he had to clap once to make the whole pedreira clap at his rythm.

thank you!!!!!!!

ps: Please send your pictures fans! especially the ones who were at mike´s side!!!

pps: does anyone know which agency made it possible for pearl jam to come to south america? who are they working with?
  • Options
    estuardoc wrote:
    that was the best show of my life, most definitely!

it started off so violently, with corduroy and without interruption do the evolution right behind it! then animal and save you! the crowd was jumping and singing, everyone just screaming!
    they played a personal favorite, dissident, that was so cool!
    the whole show was just so full of energy, pearl jam brings back lots of good times and bad times, and i was so full of good vibrations! i think everyone around me was feeling the same, everyone smiling and screaming.
    black was great, tururú tu tururú!
    after the show was over, we, the fans at the front, just looked at each other and couldnt say a word, we just hugged each other, total strangers united by one great band, one great singer who really could lead the crowd. he had to clap once to make the whole pedreira clap at his rythm.

thank you!!!!!!!

ps: Please send your pictures fans! especially the ones who were at mike´s side!!!

pps: does anyone know which agency made it possible for pearl jam to come to south america? who are they working with?

how many people were there......just curious...........was it a sellout??
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    how many people were there......just curious...........was it a sellout??

officially 20.000 people
    but...... the pictures show that there were much more, i think about 30.000

THEY PLAYED SAD !!!!!!!!
    the serpent was subtil, peer, genesis 3:6
    described as... bored, ignored
    harmless
    because I say so
    bored, black, numb, disturbed
    problem, wicked out
    a harmless child
    he say he didn´t have mother
    the unclean spirit intend
    erase

Curitiba,Br. 11/30/05
  • Options
    Is it available to download yet?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I like the setlist wish i could have been there. anyone take any pictures?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    any pic you wanna share with us???
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    So far this is the best set list of the LA tour
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    from the RM board, don't know if this is official:

Soundcheck: U, Jeremy?

Set: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Grievance, Down, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Black, Once, Porch,

Encore 1: Last Kiss, I Believe in Miracles, Jeremy, Spin the Black Circle, Kick Out the Jams (w/ Mudhoney)

Encore 2: Whipping, Go, Indifference, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

Wow!!! You got Indifference!!! I'm crossing fingers and praying to every god in universe for them to play it at one of the Mexico City concerts...

And Kick Out the Jams with Mudhoney!!! Rock, rock, rock!!!!

The set list I've liked most so far on this tour...
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    amazing concert, again... I can`t decide which show I loved most,Porto Alegre or Curitiba... two great concerts for my firsts PJ live experiences... in Curitiba we had: Down, Sad, Dissident, Once, Spin The Black Circle...the opening with interstellar overdrive...and Kick out The Jams with Steve Turner and Mark Arm... about 30.000 people, a really beautiful place... what a night!
  • Options
    Is it available to download yet?
    There's no thread about it being available yet, but it is up for download, and it sounds incredible
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    yep.......interstellar overdrive.............love it as an opener
    they did that on the Las Vegas 2000 boot too.Quite kick ass.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    if they play Kick Out The Jams (song i play w/my band) with Mudhoney, i'll get the nirvana right there
  • Options
    So, WTF is the Mike Guitar Solo listed in front of Interstellar Overdrive? Is this different from when they normally play the song?
  • Options
    bgranato wrote:
    amazing concert, again... I can`t decide which show I loved most,Porto Alegre or Curitiba... two great concerts for my firsts PJ live experiences... in Curitiba we had: Down, Sad, Dissident, Once, Spin The Black Circle...the opening with interstellar overdrive...and Kick out The Jams with Steve Turner and Mark Arm... about 30.000 people, a really beautiful place... what a night!

bgranato, have u gone to those shows or just listened the bootlegs/??
    the serpent was subtil, peer, genesis 3:6
    described as... bored, ignored
    harmless
    because I say so
    bored, black, numb, disturbed
    problem, wicked out
    a harmless child
    he say he didn´t have mother
    the unclean spirit intend
    erase

Curitiba,Br. 11/30/05
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    efroten wrote:
    So, WTF is the Mike Guitar Solo listed in front of Interstellar Overdrive? Is this different from when they normally play the song?

its awesome, mike just comes out and fucking wanks and wails on the guitar for a bit before the rest of the band comes out i think..then they go into intersetellar
  • Options
    62strat wrote:
    its awesome, mike just comes out and fucking wanks and wails on the guitar for a bit before the rest of the band comes out i think..then they go into intersetellar

mike should do this at every fucking show.
  • Options
    Oh hell yeah!
    Just listen to Ed on Do The Evolution, he sounds fuckin' killer! So raw and like an animal. I love it.

And Mike's wailing before Interstellar Overdrive is just insane, the crowd seem to love it!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Interstellar Overdrive didn't come out in the bootleg.. I guess they don't have the rights from Pink Floyd. I understand but I wouldn't mind hearing it.
  • Options
    elgallo10 wrote:
    Interstellar Overdrive didn't come out in the bootleg.. I guess they don't have the rights from Pink Floyd. I understand but I wouldn't mind hearing it.
    Mi

Well i have it and its the official bootleg, the track starts with Mike doing some solo for a bit and then it kicks into Interstellar Overdrive and then right into Corduroy.

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    elgallo10 wrote:

I'll ask Syd tomorrow in the supermarket.
  • Options
    haha Any new Syd sightings? The song is not listed that is why I was confused.
  • Options
    it was on the 2000 boots when they played it wasnt it ?
  • Options
    it was on the 2000 boots when they played it wasnt it ?

Yeah, and the 2003 boots. Don't worry, it's on last night's bootleg too.