NOT MY HOMETOWN: dear america

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    yum! Smoked meat sammies!
    http://schwartzsdeli.com/

eww gross. i just sussed out their website. not a veggie in site if you dont count pickles. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Club Downtown is fantastic.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,472
    Chez Paree
    :lol:
    :nono:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Get_Right wrote:
    Chez Paree

Awesome
    so anyways im here again cause i love you all so much. :P :) lol

anyhoo this time i made it all the way down to key west, which i really liked tho i wasnt there hardly anytime at all. i ate key lime pie, conch fritters, visited hemingways house(the reason for the visit in the first place), took pics of the sunset over the gulf and a shitload of other pics.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    :-h Nice to see you back here. I enjoyed visiting the Hemingway house when I was there several years ago, especially all the cats. Do they still have parties on the piers at sunset? Now I'm craving key lime pie.
    ELITIST FUK
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,217
    is catherine francis now a paying member??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    What's official? Why does greyhound suck? I'm confused.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    SD48277 said:

:-h Nice to see you back here. I enjoyed visiting the Hemingway house when I was there several years ago, especially all the cats. Do they still have parties on the piers at sunset? Now I'm craving key lime pie.

yes they do.. for a sunset tragic like myself i htought it was awesome.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ldent42 said:

What's official? Why does greyhound suck? I'm confused.

oh where do i begin.....

lol
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

is catherine francis now a paying member??

yeah jeags.. it took them years to catch up to me and when they did i thought fuck it i had a good run... then i got bored one day and decided to re up. :/

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    6 hours of legion baseball today... that should be enough to hold me over til the cards make the playoffs. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,217

6 hours of legion baseball today... that should be enough to hold me over til the cards make the playoffs. :)

welcome back cate. legion ball today, huh? your juggler had quite the legion career back in the mid 90's. good times.
    chinese-happy.jpg

welcome back cate. legion ball today, huh? your juggler had quite the legion career back in the mid 90's. good times.
    is that so???

ive leartn a whole lot more about baseball than i ever thought i would.... i even noticed while watching the cards/yankee game that one of the batsmen/batter/whatever had the top of his bat scooped out and i knew why. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    today i saw a dude walking down broadway here in santa monica with an iguana on his shoulder. so cool.. i love iguanas :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    today i wandered around downtown LA. i spent i dont know how long in THE LAST BOOKSTORE on spring street.. then i toddled over to angels flight to suss out toms bench only to discover the park is fenced off... bummer... then i gave the DISNEY CONCERT HALL the once over.. again.. last time back in '11 it was raining(hto that didnt stop me) this time it was brilliant blue sky. .. and then i walked through GRANT PARK(which has an aussie garden(homesick) and down past the HALL OF JUSTICE(i kid you not) and onto OLVERA STREET where i got my mexican on. tomorrow i fly home. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I didn't know you were in LA.

My family used to visit Olvera Street at least once a month when I was a kid. Good times, good memories (and really good food). Hope you also got to check out Union Station while downtown.

Bon voyage and safe travels from this Angelino!
    oh yes union station is one of my fave buildings in LA. ive taken many pics of it... and of course my train from st louis terminates there. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    So this trip which starts in 3 weeks I wont be travelling solo... which for me will be highly unusual. I hope we dont kill each other. lol :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Damn that California is long.... felt like it took the train days to get to oregon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    This made me think of Joni Mitchell's California, then these two in that next/new state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCzLCOfiJFc

(and taking the train - aside from more Joni association - sounds like a lovely and quite possibly nostalgic treat)

Train is an awesome way to see the country... and way more civilised than the greyhound. I fell asleep just out of emeryville and when I woke up I saw pine trees and thought yep must be in oregon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Aside from the upgrade to train travel, how has your trip been?
    ELITIST FUK
    Its been good. Im fortunate that I can sleep anywhere and dont get jetlag. 14 hours on the plane and I hit the ground running... but that night I sleep very soundly. On a 43 odd hour train trip I got a good 7 hours sleep. Negotiated the seattle bus system with ease ( yeah for the internet!). Checked out a couple of pj related sites, had a few bowls of clam chowder, taken about 400 pics so far(which now that I think about it isnt that many for me) in seattle and who knows how many in LA and on the train trip)Went out to bainbridge island yesterday(were suckers for a ferry ride). Am a bit impressed with mt rainier... which might not seem a big thing but australia isnt know for her tall montains and rainier is taller than anything we got back home. The weather is a bit hit and miss but itd hardly be seattle if there was no rain. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The sun came out briefly today
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    *insert song from "Annie" here*
    :D

Seems you appreciate it no matter.
    Something weird in the supermarket I noticed.... no lamb. No LAMB! To this aussie that is something incomprehensible. Whats up fred meyer?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    edited November 2014
    Seems a little colder tonight seattle. :/
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ok so been home just shy of 2 weeks from my latest US sojourn. spent a big chunk of my time in NYC freezing my arse off.. ive never been so cold in my life. -16.. that's just ridiculous for me as an Australian. but it snowed so yeah! for that. stayed with friends in ohio, visited a small town with definite Stephen king overtones. hi Nelsonville. hung out in Chicago for half a week.. went to the theater(shout out to the Steppenwolf), got snowed on again, took a wander up to Wrigley only to find it shrouded in scaffolding getting a makeover. thought id finally try some of that deep dish pizza ive heard so much about. it was crap and lets face it its not even pizza. sorry Chicago but you do architecture waaay better than you do non-pizza. oh and i got stalked by a gang of squirrels in lincoln park.. seriously. lol
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say