Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    God damn I can't wait for tonight. Hawks have to steal one of these games in Tampa. Hawks in 6 with the clincher at home.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    Game 3

Should I go for the $800 Standing room only tix?
    Or the $5000.00 tix?

Decisions
    Decisions

Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Game 3

Or the $5000.00 tix?

Decisions
    Decisions

Crazy ass prices. A couple friends of mine have season seats. They sold Game 3 and it's going to pay for most of next season's tickets. I still regret the day I told them that I didn't want to go in with them on season tickets in 2009....I really blew that one.
  • Options

Game 3

Or the $5000.00 tix?

Decisions
    Decisions

Crazy ass prices. A couple friends of mine have season seats. They sold Game 3 and it's going to pay for most of next season's tickets. I still regret the day I told them that I didn't want to go in with them on season tickets in 2009....I really blew that one.
    Over the years I have debated Cubs, Bears, Hawks season tickets.
    Bottom line, for me anyways, is the fact that it just seems like it would be one big pain in the ass. You obviously cant go to all the games. Now you are stuck trying to sell those extras. I am thinking you are going to end up eating a fair share of tickets. Not worth the aggravation. Not in my eyes.

But yeah, it would be nice to go see a Stanley Cup final game, here in Chicago.
  • Options

Game 3

Or the $5000.00 tix?

Decisions
    Decisions

Bottom line, for me anyways, is the fact that it just seems like it would be one big pain in the ass. You obviously cant go to all the games. Now you are stuck trying to sell those extras. I am thinking you are going to end up eating a fair share of tickets. Not worth the aggravation. Not in my eyes.

Being able to sell everything online definitely makes it a lot easier, but still a pain in the ass. My friends with the Hawks tix prob go to half the home games in regular season and sell the rest. Depending on how far the Hawks go, they usually don't end up paying for much out of pocket since they make so much damn money on the tix they sell.

I've been on the Bears and Hawks waiting lists for years.....I think I'd prob only pull the trigger on the Hawks. Too bad it will prob be 2045 when my turn comes up on that list...
  • Options

Game 3

Or the $5000.00 tix?

Decisions
    Decisions

Being able to sell everything online definitely makes it a lot easier, but still a pain in the ass. My friends with the Hawks tix prob go to half the home games in regular season and sell the rest. Depending on how far the Hawks go, they usually don't end up paying for much out of pocket since they make so much damn money on the tix they sell.

I've been on the Bears and Hawks waiting lists for years.....I think I'd prob only pull the trigger on the Hawks. Too bad it will prob be 2045 when my turn comes up on that list...
    Cubs game I went to 2 weeks ago?

The kid next to me, and his wife, had purchased season tickets. Upper deck, 3rd row, actually real nice seats. He was telling me he was only getting $8-$10 on stubhub, for the games he couldn't attend. I took down his phone number and told him I would get in touch, if I needed tickets.

He is taking a beating. But of course with warm weather, and a decent team on the field, he should be able to get close to face for those games he cant attend.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    edited June 2015

Hawks in 4

Tampa Bay is going to spend their time urinating all over the ice, for 4 games.
    Hawks in a clean sweep.

Get ready to PARTY Chicago!

haha, you didn't watch much, or any of the eastern conference playoff games did you? this tampa team was pretty damn surgical against the red wings, canadians, rangers -- three elite teams in that conference. no one should hand the cup to the blackhawks just yet.
    Post edited by rival. on
  • Options
    rival. said:

Hawks in 4

Hawks in a clean sweep.

haha, you didn't watch much, or any of the eastern conference playoff games did you? this tampa team was pretty damn surgical against the red wings, canadians, rangers -- three elite teams in that conference. no one should hand the cup to the blackhawks just yet.
    Hawks in 4
  • Options

rival. said:

Hawks in 4

Hawks in a clean sweep.

Hawks in 4
    lightning chase crawford half way through the second game, giving darling the nod for the rest of the series. stamkos nets 17 and walks away with the conn symthe on united center ice in game 6. book it.
  • Options
    rival. said:

rival. said:

Hawks in 4

Hawks in a clean sweep.

Hawks in 4
    lightning chase crawford half way through the second game, giving darling the nod for the rest of the series. stamkos nets 17 and walks away with the conn symthe on united center ice in game 6. book it.
    Wow!
    Talk about raining on my parade!
    Hahahahaha
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

rival. said:

Hawks in 4

Hawks in a clean sweep.

Hawks in 4
    I think speedys still drunk from his fishing trip.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

rival. said:

Hawks in 4

Hawks in a clean sweep.

Hawks in 4
    I think speedys still drunk from his fishing trip.
    Go Rangers?

Hawks in 4
  • Options
    it's getting worse year after year. hawk fans starting to act more and more like cub fans.
  • Options
    rival. said:

it's getting worse year after year. hawk fans starting to act more and more like cub fans.

Can I at least enjoy the fucking moment? Hahaha
    The HAWKS are back in the Stanley Cup Finals!!!!
    Can I at least, for a few days, act like a typical, goofball, Sports Nut?
    Hahahaha

HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!!
  • Options

rival. said:

Hahahaha

HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!!
    come on man, someone has to give you hawk fans shit! you know there sure as hell no tampa fans around these forums!!
  • Options
    Going to be a lot of high-scoring games in this series I think. So much speed on talent on both sides. Is it 7pm yet?!?!?

• Options

rival. said:

Hahahaha

HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!!
    Shit, how about us rangers fans getting a shot? It's not like you guys haven't won the damn cup already.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    I'm going to miss most of the first period tonight because I'll be stuck on a fn plane. Stupid job! I'm hoping I can make it to my hotel in time to catch the start of the 2nd.

Hawks in 5 or 6.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    badbrains said:

rival. said:

Hahahaha

HAWKS IN 4 BABY!!!!!!!!
    Shit, how about us rangers fans getting a shot? It's not like you guys haven't won the damn cup already.
    You'll get nothing and like it! ha!
  • Options
    Well that was fucking awesome. How about Teuvo?!?!? This kid is 20 years old. Scored 1 goal and set up the other...unreal.
  • Options
    Hawks in 4!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited June 2015

Well that was fucking awesome. How about Teuvo?!?!? This kid is 20 years old. Scored 1 goal and set up the other...unreal.

That assist he had on Vermette's goal isn't something you can teach to just anyone. That was pure instinct, full awareness, & (pun intended) lightning reaction. And the goal.. recognizing the screen, pushing it high to the stick side thru traffic. Wasn't even a hard shot, but a head's up decision nonetheless to put it on net. This kid is good! Plays smart & just keeps getting better.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Winning ugly last night..Tampa didn't show me much last night..I'm with speedo..clean sweep.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    For a high-speed, offensively skilled team, I though the Lightning showed great defense... for 57 minutes anyway. They completely shut down our top 2 lines. Crawford was killer last night!
  • Options
    Teravainen youngest player with a multi-point game in the SCF since 19 year old Jaromir Jagr in 1991.
  • Options
    Have a wedding tonight...thank god for the nbc sports app. I'll be the asshole sitting at the dinner table staring at my phone....I'm sure there will be plenty of us doing it. Let's go Hawks.
  • Options
    Hawks in 6!!!!

Ughhhh
  • Options

Hawks in 6!!!!

Ughhhh

Wait, what?
  • Options
    Well that sucked. Had so many chances early that they couldn't convert. Bishop could barely stand up and they only score 2 goals??? Brutal.
  • Options

Well that sucked. Had so many chances early that they couldn't convert. Bishop could barely stand up and they only score 2 goals??? Brutal.

Yes, BRUTAL would be the word, to best describe what took place last night.