Forced vaccination

13»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 40,563
    edited March 8
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^In Canada education is a provincial responsibility, just as health care is...
    I know, but that doesn't mean a federal law couldn't be applied in such a case anyhow. But anyway, if provinces all did it, that would work too. Whatever.
    Well I’m pretty sure if your kid isn’t vaccinated then they can go to school ... unless you want forced flu vaccines as well, in which case, please don’t run for office ... we already have to many politicians dictating to us.
    I don't even get the flu vaccine myself.

You're kind of a salty character, eh?
    Not really, I’m not trying to be offensive, I had all the childhood vaccines.  I’m just not interested in the flu shot, nor do I believe it should be forced on people.  My point being my body, I’ll put/inject in my body what I choose.  Part of the reason I live where I live is because we do not have fluoride in our water...that was a great municipal decision spawned by grass roots politics...we all had an input into this decision.
    Yeah, I didn't mean I think the flu vaccination should be forced on everyone... but I do think it needs to be forced on those who work with people vulnerable, i.e. hospital staff. That is only rational and logical. I think if a hospital worker refuses it, then they shouldn't be allowed to work there. Sometimes certain professions require things that aren't demanded from the general public.... Same goes for drug testing. I obviously do not support random drug testing for the entire Canadian work force at all. I don't think it should be legal for paranoid bosses in the private sector to make his executive or support staffers to pee in a cup. But I 100% support random drug testing for, say, workers who operate large machinery or otherwise have the ability to affect public or employee safety on a daily basis. I support that because, simply, it makes sense, and because our laws dictate the public safety comes before individual rights.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 920
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^In Canada education is a provincial responsibility, just as health care is...
    I know, but that doesn't mean a federal law couldn't be applied in such a case anyhow. But anyway, if provinces all did it, that would work too. Whatever.
    Well I’m pretty sure if your kid isn’t vaccinated then they can go to school ... unless you want forced flu vaccines as well, in which case, please don’t run for office ... we already have to many politicians dictating to us.
    I don't even get the flu vaccine myself.

You're kind of a salty character, eh?
    Not really, I’m not trying to be offensive, I had all the childhood vaccines.  I’m just not interested in the flu shot, nor do I believe it should be forced on people.  My point being my body, I’ll put/inject in my body what I choose.  Part of the reason I live where I live is because we do not have fluoride in our water...that was a great municipal decision spawned by grass roots politics...we all had an input into this decision.
    Yeah, I didn't mean I think the fly vaccination should be forced on everyone... but I do think it needs to be forced on those who work with people vulnerable, i.e. hospital staff. That is only rational and logical. I think if a hospital worker refuses it, then they shouldn't be allowed to work there. Sometimes certain professions require things that aren't demanded from the general public.... Same goes for drug testing. I obviously do not support random drug testing for the entire Canadian work force at all. I don't think it should be legal for paranoid bosses in the private sector to make his executive or support staffers to pee in a cup. But I 100% support random drug testing for, say, for workers who operate large machinery or otherwise have the ability to affect public or employee safety on a daily basis. I support that because, simply, it makes sense, and because our laws dictate the public safety comes before individual rights.
    That’s a fair assement...especially those working with newborns, children and the elderly...also I’m pretty sure if I worked in drs office or hospital I’d get the flu shot...

good point on drug testing...semi-drivers are regularly tested, and should be. 

It just goes to show that this is far from a black and white topic.

Love your input...

13»