Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
edited December 2011 in A Moving Train
"I hired Sarah Palin because she was hot and got ratings." - Roger Ailes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Yeah... And?
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Not defending Fox News by any means, but that's what all news organizations do. From big time organizations right down to the local stations. Not necessarily a good point.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Just thought the priorities were interesting and shows what he thinks of his dipshit audience. No discussion needed.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620
    I don't watch fox news but don't they get SIGNFICANTLY higher ratings then CNN and MSNBC?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Sidnum wrote:
    Not defending Fox News by any means, but that's what all news organizations do. From big time organizations right down to the local stations. Not necessarily a good point.

No doubt. Ratings are #1. Just think it's interesting that her looks are what's important to the Fox News audience, not the substance. While that is pretty clear to most of us, I find it pretty fitting that he would readily admit it's all his audience is concerned about.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    did he mean "hot" as in looks or "hot" as in popular? while the former may be true, based on that sentence i'd read it as the latter. this is tv, and "hot" isn't an unusual term to describe something popular and topical.
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:

No doubt. Ratings are #1. Just think it's interesting that her looks are what's important to the Fox News audience, not the substance. While that is pretty clear to most of us, I find it pretty fitting that he would readily admit it's all his audience is concerned about.

Agreed. Who would be stupid enough to admit it? That guy, that's who. :lol:
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    was she hired as an anchor or journalist? or for her opinions that people cannot seem to get enough of whether they agree with her or not?
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    was she hired as an anchor or journalist? or for her opinions that people cannot seem to get enough of whether they agree with her or not?
    More like a 'Political Analyst'... like Karl Rove, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich... etc...
    Anyone else see a pattern developing here?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • how Fox News makes its viewers stupid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MjRV-UT ... grec_index
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    :lol: Fox News CNN MSNBC...seems the people that feel offended degraded or too"smart" to listen to a station because they disagree with the stations political views have the issues here, what's wrong with listining to different stations and learning points from different political views ?
    seems that Fox has struck a chord with some of the part time viewers on the train... :lol: this topic is as old and wore out as the death penelty topics that keep popping up on the train from time to time,why do some people let Fox bother them so much ? if Fox has gotten them to act out and complain then they (Fox) have done what they have set out to do and that is to get "YOU" the anti viewer to listen and boost ratings...so who is "stupid" now ? :lol: Fox didn't get as big as they are being stupid,they have created a large media station or stations knowing how to piss off some and cater to the opinions of others so either way the "anti viewer" has helped to build the monster they so despise. :lol: enjoy !
    :lol: I love it !

Godfather.
  • Godfather. wrote:
    :lol: Fox News CNN MSNBC...seems the people that feel offended degraded or too"smart" to listen to a station because they disagree with the stations political views have the issues here, what's wrong with listining to different stations and learning points from different political views ?
    seems that Fox has struck a chord with some of the part time viewers on the train... :lol: this topic is as old and wore out as the death penelty topics that keep popping up on the train from time to time,why do some people let Fox bother them so much ? if Fox has gotten them to act out and complain then they (Fox) have done what they have set out to do and that is to get "YOU" the anti viewer to listen and boost ratings...so who is "stupid" now ? :lol: Fox didn't get as big as they are being stupid,they have created a large media station or stations knowing how to piss off some and cater to the opinions of others so either way the "anti viewer" has helped to build the monster they so despise. :lol: enjoy !

Godfather.

Fox News has millions of viewers. They are being fed LIES then they go out and vote based on their "fact base" that is wrong. This "fact base" is paid for by the republican party. It is PROPAGANDA.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.

Fox News has millions of viewers. They are being fed LIES then they go out and vote based on their "fact base" that is wrong. This "fact base" is paid for by the republican party. It is PROPAGANDA.
    so then is that how we got screwed with Obama ? another atations propaganda ?...just say'n man.
  • Godfather. wrote:
    so then is that how we got screwed with Obama ? another atations propaganda ?...just say'n man.

thankfully, not ALL people are stupid. Some are even smart enough to not watch the news on TV at all and get informed by non-biased sources on the internet. I don't see how the latter group would ever vote for the GOP unless they're voting for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or one of the other half-dozen or so non-corrupt politicians from either side of the aisle.
  • Godfather. wrote:

thankfully, not ALL people are stupid. Some are even smart enough to not watch the news on TV at all and get informed by non-biased sources on the internet. I don't see how the latter group would ever vote for the GOP unless they're voting for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or one of the other half-dozen or so non-corrupt politicians from either side of the aisle.

There are tons of biased sources on the internet too. Lots that aren't though... becoming quite a fan of Al Jazeera English.
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    Actually, I watch FOX News. Difference being, it isn't the only cable commentary station I watch.
    But, even you have to agree... 'Fair and Balanced'? Not so much, right? It is pretty much slanted steeply in one direction.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    Actually, I watch FOX News. Difference being, it isn't the only cable commentary station I watch.
    But, even you have to agree... 'Fair and Balanced'? Not so much, right? It is pretty much slanted steeply in one direction.

in no way is it fair and balanced infact it's straight up attack mode most of the time but I enjoy listining to it or reading it on the net every morning but the info given is much the same as other stations...with a slant or a harsh opinion from the ancors and if we don't take it personally it's great enterainment , all n all Cosmo I have to agree with you.

Godfather.
    "Godfather wrote:
    in no way is it fair and balanced infact it's straight up attack mode most of the time but I enjoy listining to it or reading it on the net every morning but the info given is much the same as other stations...with a slant or a harsh opinion from the ancors and if we don't take it personally it's great enterainment , all n all Cosmo I have to agree with you.

Godfather.
    I wonder if FOX News can be sued for false advertisment... you know, that whole 'Fair And Balanced' thing.
    But, yeah, i agree... the best way to form an opinion is not from the gut, rather from forming informed opinions based upon facts, not other people's opinions.
    This goes to the people who religiously follow Rachael Maddow, too.
    Hail, Hail!!!