FREE Ireland/UK 2006 (Ames) poster--WINNER!!!

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
hey everyone--
in the midst of all the negativity & complaints, this just seemed like a good idea. this poster is in Near Mint condition & the shipping is on me. there's nothing wrong w/ the print at all...we're downsizing a lot of our things for our upcoming move. i thought about selling it, then thought that this would be a better way to go. i'm going to leave this open for one week. at the end of the week, i will count the number of posts in the thread & ask my wife to pick a number (which will correspond the the post # in the thread). that post will win the poster. to enter, all you have to do is say one nice thing about anyone else in this forum. pretty simple. this is open to everyone---international shipping is also on me. this giveaway will end in one week---next Monday, October 10th at 2pm (central US time).

good luck & let's try to keep things in perspective, people. :)

Matt
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/42172

the lucky number was 16! congrats to jdesantis1983!!!
pm coming your way...just need your mailing address. thanks for playing, everyone!!
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Dont include me Matt, but nice work for doing this....so the nice thing goes to you ;)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Dont include me Matt, but nice work for doing this....so the nice thing goes to you ;)

thanks, Paul. just trying to get things back on track. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Adam..be well..i love u brother

nice one Matt...good luck to all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    Way to go Matt. It's good to see that there are many great people on this board and you sir are one of them.
  • movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    I would have to say ahill721 is the most helpful person I've dealt with on here. I've gotten one poster I needed and quite a few responses to all my threads. I have been a fan for awhile and a member for a little while but only started posting about a month ago. Thank you ahill721 for all your help.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    I'm in!

DS1119 was nice enough to offer to burn the PJ20 Vault and Ament discs for me after I won an auction where the seller mistakenly listed them as a buy it now.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Really decent of you :)
  • Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Hard to single one person out - I haven't met a single DB in the forums yet!!! :D
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Pearl JimPearl Jim Posts: 182
    What needs to be said?
    You are an inspirational member of this board,
    & for those of us who read much more than post on here,
    we will be looking forward to all the details regarding your
    upcoming adventure...
    All the best :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    James
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    Thank you for this latest offer. If I win, I will donate it to the following fund-raiser in hopes of generating awareness and funds: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=172391

I would love to reply with a response saying something nice about someone on here but then I leave countless others out which would hurt their feelings. I don't want to not mention so many people that deserve to be mentioned by only mentioning 1 person.

So with that said, I will say something nice about my wife who very rarely posts on here but she is a forum member. There's not enough time and words in the universe to say what I want to say but I will just say "Thank you" for letting me be me with this band and the all encompassing trip we are on together with this band and fans.
    -EV
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    too many nice people to single one person out, it's a shame all the negative things that happen here.

Thanks for the chance
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Kev theserialthrilla was the first friend I made on this board, back when I didn't know anybody, was in a bad place and angry and raging against the world. He's a good guy, and he reached out to me. And now I'm much better he is still a good friend here, and does a lot of cool things that help people stay positive and get along together.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • ahill721 was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Need more people like him on this board.
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Then my kind words go out to Stillhere..The one i HAVE to meet in person for all she has done for others
    My dearest girlfriend Maaike who is in an institute for mental disorder( She has Borderline) was surprised by her after Jo made her a necklace that combined around Maaikes favorite song Just breathe for her birthday
    She is always around to reach out with her helping hand and have set up a contest that would be a nightmare for the postdelivery... :lol: She is even the brain behind the holiday card exchange on Fb..
    Unfortinatly Jo couldnt be my ticketbuddy at Pj20 so my/our plan is to do part of the Usa tour 2012 togheter and i am stoked for that...After Pj20 i feld in love with the states and cant wait to get back there..
    Jo bring people and good feelings togheter and is my 10c member of the year...
    Thanx Jo just for beeing...Jo

If i am picked you get the price
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Very kind of you, Matt, thanks for the chance. There's a lot of people like you on here who constantly offer random acts of kindness and support, expecting nothing in return, which they easily could do. I've only been around here a couple years, and have encountered a number of these folks already, and I'm glad to say the kind people on this forum far outnumber anyone else, or at least have such a positive impact, that they make those with negativity or ill will less memorable. If I didn't have those feelings, I wouldn't check this site so often, along with many others. So thanks to all you guys who keep the good vibes and kindness going day in and day out! :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,811
    Lukin19 is a very generous Canadian fan, good dude
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    I would like to give a shout out to ahill721. I just bought a poster off him last week and things went real smooth. Better than the first time around where I was screwed over from the guy I was purchasing it from. He put my trust and faith back into the idea that I can purchase merch from people on the board.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Well I have been around the site for years but I just became a full member this year. I have to thank Dimitris for keeping me updated with all things Pearl Jam via Facebook. I also have to thank all of you guys for the highly entertaining arguments and, well, your generosity. Now I need to see the band live!!! Eddie was awesome but it wasn't enough for me. :)

Thanks!
  • foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 525
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by foursymbols on
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 525
    Whoa, that poster is brilliant, wud love that, coming from Ireland... Havent met many forum folk so gonna say pjgirl23, lovely Aussie who took my other tix for Toronto gigs...
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    real cool of you. id like to thank appie for hooking me up (among others). be well.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    dont put me forward ...BUT i hope the good karma your dishing out comes back 10 fold :D:D
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    edited October 2011
    appie wrote:
    Then my kind words go out to Stillhere..The one i HAVE to meet in person for all she has done for others
    My dearest girlfriend Maaike who is in an institute for mental disorder( She has Borderline) was surprised by her after Jo made her a necklace that combined around Maaikes favorite song Just breathe for her birthday
    She is always around to reach out with her helping hand and have set up a contest that would be a nightmare for the postdelivery... :lol: She is even the brain behind the holiday card exchange on Fb..
    Unfortinatly Jo couldnt be my ticketbuddy at Pj20 so my/our plan is to do part of the Usa tour 2012 togheter and i am stoked for that...After Pj20 i feld in love with the states and cant wait to get back there..
    Jo bring people and good feelings togheter and is my 10c member of the year...
    Thanx Jo just for beeing...Jo

If i am picked you get the price

(I want to agree with everything Appie said about Jo...she's a wonderful member!)

I want to nominate drummer1 (Sarah). She is a very generous member. She offered her PJ20 movie premier tickets up for grabs and wanted nothing in return for them. My buddy who would not have had the opportunity to see the movie enjoyed it immensely. She gave away 5-6 tickets in all. I love this, fairly common spirit, on these boards.
    Thanks to everyone else on these boards that has been so friendly the last couple months. I am pretty "anti-social-networking"...If we didn't all share the common love of PJ, I wouldn't be on here either. Thanks Matt!
    -Colin
    Post edited by Chief Broom on
    MLMF Det
  • great contest matt, thanks for the chance :D

ill keep it quick & simple - dimi is a legend , hail hail
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    great posts so far!! let's keep the positivity going....we'll have a winner in one week!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    I am interested in this poster.

I have been a member for more than 10 years, but I just now got in to the FORUM, I love it! I used to check on set lists and all, but never knew all of this type banter was out there.

I am amazed at how many PJ fanatics are out there and I was surprised to see all of the negativity as well. Thanks a ton mfc for doing this. I appreciate the generosity and the positivity you bring to the forum.

I would have to say I am in awe of the guys with 20,000++ posts on here. You guys are amazing. I love to see all the PJ love! I have to say, we need to give it up to the 10C, this is facebook, before there was facebook!
  • gonna give a big shoutout to thefixer9- Rico's very generous (as you are too Matt), with his giveaways and created the Pearl Jam FB group (also a major contributor too)!!

Thanks for the chance!
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    So cool of you!.. Dan (dpmay) is one hell of a guy.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• rjwhite19rjwhite19 Posts: 574
    Nice on ya Matt; I appreciated your help over the past year.
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2