Options

NOT FLIPPING! BUT......White Vinyl BS trade?

13»

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    But Dimi, my question to you(and anyone else for that matter) and my argument here is that if BOTH PARTIES ARE HAPPY with what they have recieved, then doesnt percieved value go out the window? Havent I done a good thing in the community if I have given the backpack or the bs white to someone for a 96 dublin if it has filled a hole in either collection? Maybe you see it as crazy or lopsided, but again, if both parties are content, I dont understand where the issue is???
    if both parties are ok ,how can anyone do something about it?and even isnt anyone bussiness to do
    but we are not talking this here......we are talking about flippers buy multiple for resell for profit..or people want to take advantange of the moment and offer it before even shipping from 10c for something that the market all this years made the price..a price higher of the item they just bought from 10c..
    seriously,what people dont understand of what im saying?
    is it legal to do it?i dont give a shit,,im not a lawyer..ill not search
    in my book,,it unethical...end of story..and i dont like it

thats im posting..i dont like it..everyone do what you like..
    i dont like it..

But it is not ok to buy more than one of something for this purpose in your eyes, correct? I am just trying to stay on point here.....I am simply trying to 100% understand your argument....No matter how I obtain it, whether through trade or purchase, I am not allowed to have more than one and trade it for something else I need regardless of percieved value?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    But Dimi, my question to you(and anyone else for that matter) and my argument here is that if BOTH PARTIES ARE HAPPY with what they have recieved, then doesnt percieved value go out the window? Havent I done a good thing in the community if I have given the backpack or the bs white to someone for a 96 dublin if it has filled a hole in either collection? Maybe you see it as crazy or lopsided, but again, if both parties are content, I dont understand where the issue is???
    if both parties are ok ,how can anyone do something about it?and even isnt anyone bussiness to do
    but we are not talking this here......we are talking about flippers buy multiple for resell for profit..or people want to take advantange of the moment and offer it before even shipping from 10c for something that the market all this years made the price..a price higher of the item they just bought from 10c..
    seriously,what people dont understand of what im saying?
    is it legal to do it?i dont give a shit,,im not a lawyer..ill not search
    in my book,,it unethical...end of story..and i dont like it

thats im posting..i dont like it..everyone do what you like..
    i dont like it..

But it is not ok to buy more than one of something for this purpose in your eyes, correct? I am just trying to stay on point here.....I am simply trying to 100% understand your argument....No matter how I obtain it, whether through trade or purchase, I am not allowed to have more than one and trade it for something else I need regardless of percieved value?
    exactly THATS WHY Santos made the right call..change his mind and cancel all the multiple orders..
    he is the only one can see all the orders..he must saw alot orders with alot of items.he did it to protect the fans from flipping..
    not to stop you for do a trade at some point.....
    and if you read the rules for this forum,im sure you will understand..what reasonble means and what 10c think about flipping..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So who says when "at some point" is ok?? who decides when a trade is ok timewise? What if I went to ebay and paid $500 for one of the backspacers and then came here to trade my extra for a backpack, all within a week of these things going on sale? See, this is what I am talking about....You see it as wrong and unethical, I see it differently...Do you see my point? Do you see the gray area here?

Santos made this call, because of the shitstorm that was about to happen...He didnt do it because of some moral compass spinning out of control. He made a mistake and tried to rectify the situation due to the fallout that would follow, and if you dont see that, then I dont know what to say..... :-)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    So who says when "at some point" is ok?? who decides when a trade is ok timewise? What if I went to ebay and paid $500 for one of the backspacers and then came here to trade my extra for a backpack, all within a week of these things going on sale? See, this is what I am talking about....You see it as wrong and unethical, I see it differently...Do you see my point? Do you see the gray area here?

Santos made this call, because of the shitstorm that was about to happen...He didnt do it because of some moral compass spinning out of control. He made a mistake and tried to rectify the situation due to the fallout that would follow, and if you dont see that, then I dont know what to say..... :-)

and then he kinda made a mistake punishing those who bought for their friends who as a consequence of his change of heart then missed out on having the vinyl.

the change of heart only taking place once the second sale was finished - so those people relying on their friends who ordered for them (yet could have easily bought one for themselves when they became available for the second time) missed out.

Doesnt seem they were so well looked after to me. But sure taint everyone with the flippers brush. whatever. It is what it is.
  • Options

lets say is that way..he did mistake..if he correct it and this affect vinyl goes to fans of the forum and not to more flippers...,.im more than ok.. ;)
    and still..i m talking about here....at this forum..the official one..they must protect us from flipping here at the official site..
    thats the whole im saying..you wanna do trades at facebook?at other forums?at pjcollectors?
    no problem..who gonna stop you?
    all ok by me....ebay?noone can stop it...but here???
    no..need to kick out the flippers..and dont allowed ebay links..etc..
    again..all my statemenet is for..here..at this forum..the official one..

its time Scott...its time tio kick out the ..Flippers... :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

lets say is that way..he did mistake..if he correct it and this affect vinyl goes to fans of the forum and not to more flippers...,.im more than ok.. ;)
    and still..i m talking about here....at this forum..the official one..they must protect us from flipping here at the official site..
    thats the whole im saying..you wanna do trades at facebook?at other forums?at pjcollectors?

Dimi...As I said, I respect your opinion brother..I respect your passion, and I respect you...I also agree with some of your points...But I also believe in what some of us do here in regards to trading as opposed to flipping even though most people would catagorize it as such....If I fall into the flipper side of things, then I can live with that..On some points we agree to disagree, and I do not wish to lose you as a friend, or continue to try and make you see or understand my point...At the end of the day, its just "STUFF" to me....:-)

• Options

Dimi...As I said, I respect your opinion brother..I respect your passion, and I respect you...I also agree with some of your points...But I also believe in what some of us do here in regards to trading as opposed to flipping even though most people would catagorize it as such....If I fall into the flipper side of things, then I can live with that..On some points we agree to disagree, and I do not wish to lose you as a friend, or continue to try and make you see or understand my point...At the end of the day, its just "STUFF" to me....:-)
    loose a friend?are u crazy brother?put a friendship above Stuff?insted of loosing a friend i put all this shit stuff in the garbage first thing in the morning..human relationships are above all..
    we do a conversation,its a forum,thats all.. :)
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    loose a friend?are u crazy brother?put a friendship above Stuff?insted of loosing a friend i put all this shit stuff in the garbage first thing in the morning..human relationships are above all..
    we do a conversation,its a forum,thats all.. :)
    Aww... you guys are too nice. I was hoping to read some real fighting. :lol:

In all seriousness... reading both of your points underscores to me why this is an issue that will never have a clear "winner" because both sides have many valid points.

I wish I wasn't a "collector" type person though... I have no idea why I want to have multiple copies of an album because they are different colors, or to get cassette singles for old releases that I would never play because I don't have a cassette player anymore. None of my siblings have this problem... somehow I have always loved to collect stuff that I'm into. My Michael Jordan basketball cards are my retirement... oh wait... they're just about worthless now. ;)