2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Cheap shot on Crysby, looks like it hurt.

Classy.
    I said it was cheap. You are upset because I called him Crysby?

I'm all for steamrolling that guy but I will not cheer for cross checks to the face.

Go Caps, even this series up!
    I didn't think he intended to hit him in the head. Crosby was off balance and that's where he ended up. i hate Crosby but i don't wish severe and chronic concussions on anyone. those are life changing.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited May 2017
    pjhawks said:

Classy.

I'm all for steamrolling that guy but I will not cheer for cross checks to the face.

I didn't think he intended to hit him in the head. Crosby was off balance and that's where he ended up. i hate Crosby but i don't wish severe and chronic concussions on anyone. those are life changing.
    Crosby was off balance due to Ovechkin slashing Crosby in the head, then kicking his skate out. Both of which were "missed" by the refs. That's typical of Ovie though. But even still, Niskanen saw him going down and still had time to pull up and did not. I don't think he meant to injury him, or at least I hope not. But he was a borderline dirty player with the Pens a couple years back so who knows.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

pjhawks said:

Classy.

Crosby was off balance due to Ovechkin slashing Crosby in the head, then kicking his skate out. Both of which were "missed" by the refs. That's typical of Ovie though. But even still, Niskanen saw him going down and still had time to pull up and did not. I don't think he meant to injury him, or at least I hope not. But he was a borderline dirty player with the Pens a couple years back so who knows.
    Crosby gets away with more cheap shit than any player in the history of the league. please stop with the typical Ovie stuff. and I'm not a Caps fan.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited May 2017
    So, who does Crysby cheap shot in the nuts next game? He's got a good habit of that yet NEVER gets called for it.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Classy.

Crosby gets away with more cheap shit than any player in the history of the league. please stop with the typical Ovie stuff. and I'm not a Caps fan.
    Not saying Crosby does not. But Ovie is far from a clean player. And living outside DC, I have seen a bunch of it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Classy.

You clearly have little understanding of the game. Stick to the sport in your avatar.
    dignin said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Classy.

You clearly have little understanding of the game. Stick to the sport in your avatar.
    what? an awful lot of people think the same about Crosby as I do. I wasn't defending Ovie just thought it was funny coming from a Pens fan to mention someone else being cheap.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It was just an unfortunate play. Crosby was spinning around, off balance and out of control, in front of the net. People come in with force and his off balance, self got into a collision, and his head was already at hand-level. If you watch it at normal speed, there was absolutely no other course for Niskanen. I do not believe there was any intent or malice. These things happen in hockey. It doesnt always have to mean someone was headhunting.
  • righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    I think Niskanen meant to connect as hard as he did and meant to injure. That being said, if the capitals go on to win the cup, god forbid, Niskanen will have to be the major consideration for conn smythe. That dirty hit is the only way the capitals had a chance to win this series.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Whenever I played hockey it was my experience that anytime one guy hits another, especially if it's a last-second type thing, you try to give a little oomph. For example, if you legitimately lose your balance and fall towards someone, you purposely try to fall on them and make it sting a little, especially if it's the goalie (fuck those guys). Now, perhaps I'm just proving that I was dirty and had little regard for the safety of other players, that's fair haha. This is all a long way of saying that Niskanen's hit wasn't dirty or intentionally meant to injure. I have no doubt he wanted to check Crosby, and let Crosby know he hit him, because every hit is that way. To me that is fair and part of the game, and accidents happen. To think Niskanen was trying to get 87 out of the game, though, is ridiculous to me.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Maybe someone with a history of head injuries should consider adding a face mask.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587

^Spoken like Jay Caufield himself. :weary:

The most egregious hit in the history of the WORLD!
    :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Officially a concussion.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    MayDay10 said:

It was just an unfortunate play. Crosby was spinning around, off balance and out of control, in front of the net. People come in with force and his off balance, self got into a collision, and his head was already at hand-level. If you watch it at normal speed, there was absolutely no other course for Niskanen. I do not believe there was any intent or malice. These things happen in hockey. It doesnt always have to mean someone was headhunting.

Yep. Shit like that is going to happen. That was brutal to see, but not intentional....that all happened way too fast for it to be intentional.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    ^ Not sure if you're parroting the belief that the NHL rigs the sport for Pittsburgh, but Jagr was picked fifth. And in regards to the Conn Smythe, The Phil could have certainly won it, but Crosby is consistently the best player on the ice throughout the season, and then even more so in the playoffs. He was also a beast throughout the whole Final.
    Just saying they've been lucky with their picks
    I miss igotid88
    PK Subban dives like a soccer player.  He is the LeBron of the NHL for faking injuries.  
    Jason P said:
    PK Subban dives like a soccer player.  He is the LeBron of the NHL for faking injuries.  
    .......are you sure?

Rygar said:
    Jason P said:
    .......are you sure?

Have you played hockey? You take a slash to the bag of legs where there is no padding and see how you react.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-Z0S0Y8QU

Ovechkin and Niskanen have a history of working together on dirty plays.
    dignin said:

Have you played hockey? You take a slash to the bag of legs where there is no padding and see how you react.

I have and I do.  Back of the legs sure, but here we see Kadri take a tap in the ass and grab his lower leg like he's on the soccer pitch.
    Rygar said:
    dignin said:

I have and I do.  Back of the legs sure, but here we see Kadri take a tap in the ass and grab his lower leg like he's on the soccer pitch.
    You watch the end of the video? That wasn't a slap on the ass. That was a two hander to the back of the leg by Niskanen.
    dignin said:
    Rygar said:
    dignin said:

You watch the end of the video? That wasn't a slap on the ass. That was a two hander to the back of the leg by Niskanen.
    Yeah I watched the game and I've seen it many times, that wasn't a hard slash at all.  And it wasn't in the back of the leg.  Kadri pulls that shit all the time.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Everything in a vacuum, it was just a collision.  Very unfortunate for Crosby, the Penguins, and their fans, but in a sport where 200 pound men are moving on ice up to 30MPH enclosed by boards, it is going to happen.  
    Dammit Oilers!
    Capitals in the playoffs like Cinderella when the clock strikes midnight.  Caps gonna Cap
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    star studded crowd wherever it is the rangers play. barclays?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    Wobbie said:
    star studded crowd wherever it is the rangers play. barclays?
    Madison Square Garden
    I miss igotid88