Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Tatar gone wow.. 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Huge win for Kings.  If the league had not overturned our late goal vs/ Edmonton last weekend we would be 1-2 points better and positioning for 2nd in the Pacific instead of 3rd/Wildcard.  Tough time of year but coming back late against Vegas was large.  Need to bring it again tonight.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    And if a frog had wings, it wouldn’t bump its ass a-hoppin’.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Yep, but the frog did not grow wings only to be told by the pricks @ the league office that the replay showed they could not technically have wings, even though the way the wings grew was miraculous and brought joy to all.  ;)
  • Options
    Joy to a few. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Joy to a few. 
    https://youtu.be/dFypAB7nYGA

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 
    they got a good haul for him.  I think the wings are going full rebuild mode now.  That’s why they kept Howard.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a goalie in the first round, hope he pans out in 2-3 years to replace an aging Howard.  I like the deal.  It’s also a real possibility that the wings will try to move up in the draft to better their odds of the number 1 pick, however, I think for any team to lesson their odds at the number 1 pick this year will take a kings ransom.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Blackhawks are downright horrible this season.  There just seems to be no urgency, no grit, no desire to even be on the ice.

Guess I'll hop on the Knights bandwagon come playoff time.
    Oh I'm definitely on that wagon haha.  There's the extra bonus for you to get to cheer for a non-Pittsburgh Fleury, too! 
    Fleury is THE reason I want them to win.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Huge win for Kings.  If the league had not overturned our late goal vs/ Edmonton last weekend we would be 1-2 points better and positioning for 2nd in the Pacific instead of 3rd/Wildcard.  Tough time of year but coming back late against Vegas was large.  Need to bring it again tonight.
    I have over 89.5 points for the season for the Kings....hoping for a strong finish here!
  • Options
    I have over 89.5 points for the season for the Kings....hoping for a strong finish here!
    You have a good shot.  I think they need to do better than that to make the playoffs out west.
    18 games left.
    2/3 are home. 
    1/3 are against teams that are for sure out of it, a few more that likely are out of it
    You need 17 points to hit 90....not asking a tremendous amount to get there, especially with Carter back and with Lewis back any day...if they can avoid injuries they will be at full strength for the first time since the opening month.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    You have a good shot.  I think they need to do better than that to make the playoffs out west.
    18 games left.
    2/3 are home. 
    1/3 are against teams that are for sure out of it, a few more that likely are out of it
    You need 17 points to hit 90....not asking a tremendous amount to get there, especially with Carter back and with Lewis back any day...if they can avoid injuries they will be at full strength for the first time since the opening month.
    Hopefully they pick up 0 points against my Jackets on Thursday.  Bluejackets need points to hang on to a playoff spot.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 
    they got a good haul for him.  I think the wings are going full rebuild mode now.  That’s why they kept Howard.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a goalie in the first round, hope he pans out in 2-3 years to replace an aging Howard.  I like the deal.  It’s also a real possibility that the wings will try to move up in the draft to better their odds of the number 1 pick, however, I think for any team to lesson their odds at the number 1 pick this year will take a kings ransom.

Agree, surprised Mazerk is gone more so than Tatar.   Tatar has been coming on of late but I overall I find he makes one to many moves and gets caught. Very talented forward though.  Mazerk was playing awesome up to the trade and I find Howard sketchy at times.  Thought M would be #1 goalie for the wings- now and future.  The wings are definitely in rebuild mode.... Hank, Abby, Ericsson, and Kronwall aren't getting any younger.    Of the new players for me this year, Ive been liking Jensen, Frk , and Booth.  AA and Larkin are great together.... would be awesome for the wings to find a fast seasoned vet to play with them... wonder what Booth could do with them?  Daley on D is a beast as well and Dekeyser needs more playing time.  Bert and Mantha need to pick it up. 

Go Wings Go!

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 

Agree, surprised Mazerk is gone more so than Tatar.   Tatar has been coming on of late but I overall I find he makes one to many moves and gets caught. Very talented forward though.  Mazerk was playing awesome up to the trade and I find Howard sketchy at times.  Thought M would be #1 goalie for the wings- now and future.  The wings are definitely in rebuild mode.... Hank, Abby, Ericsson, and Kronwall aren't getting any younger.    Of the new players for me this year, Ive been liking Jensen, Frk , and Booth.  AA and Larkin are great together.... would be awesome for the wings to find a fast seasoned vet to play with them... wonder what Booth could do with them?  Daley on D is a beast as well and Dekeyser needs more playing time.  Bert and Mantha need to pick it up. 

Go Wings Go!

=Agree with everything you said ... I have a feeling the wings might make an offer to get in an position to draft dahlin ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Fuck you cheap shot assholes Reaves and company.
    You know what is awesome?
    We will win in a series.
    Kings rule!
  • Options
    I hope we get the Vegas pussies in round one.
  • Options
    Perhaps that was tainted by the spirit of the game last night on the back half of a true home & home.    :lol:

I still hold that we would be much better playing Vegas in round one than Nashtucky or The Peg.  Vegas is fast but I think a team can impose their will on them over the course of a series. 
  • Options
    Perhaps that was tainted by the spirit of the game last night on the back half of a true home & home.    :lol:

I still hold that we would be much better playing Vegas in round one than Nashtucky or The Peg.  Vegas is fast but I think a team can impose their will on them over the course of a series. 

The hate is strong in this one.... lol

I shouldn't talk my hate for the leafs is up there as well.

• Options
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 

Go Wings Go!

=Agree with everything you said ... I have a feeling the wings might make an offer to get in an position to draft dahlin ... 

Just read up on this guy... damn impressive.
  • Options
    Nami said:

The hate is strong in this one.... lol

I shouldn't talk my hate for the leafs is up there as well.

Yessir....I had to stay up to 1 AM to see the end and I was not pleased with watching their bruiser take cheap shots.  His comments after the game were funny. 
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited March 2018
    The Seattle ticket drive had a goal of selling 10,00 season tickets.  They sold that in 12 minutes, sold 25,000 within an hour.  That's impressive.

It took Vegas 2 days to reach 5,000
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    KC138045 said:
    The Seattle ticket drive had a goal of selling 10,00 season tickets.  They sold that in 12 minutes, sold 25,000 within an hour.  That's impressive.

It took Vegas 2 days to reach 5,000
    I'm pumped. Been waiting for this since the late 80's when that piece of shit Key Arena was renovated, but for NBA only. Anyway, looks like Seattle is a sure bet for a franchise based on today's ticket deposit performance.  

NHL Seattle season-ticket drive reaches 25K sold in one hour

If you want a comparison of how well this drive has gone for Seattle, it took the Vegas Golden Knights two days to get 5,000 season-ticket deposits, a month to reach 9,000 and 18 months to hit 16,000 sold. KeyArena, which is to undergo a $660 million renovation in time for a potential 2020-21 start for an NHL team, holds 17,500, so there will be a priority waitlist for those who were successful in snatching up tickets.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Pretty cool to hear.
  • Options
    Expansion team, or is Seattle getting the Fishsticks?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The talk has been expansion - 16th Western Conference team to balance things out. Estimated $650 million franchise fee. 
  • Options
    I think the fishstix are headed back out on the island.
  • Options
    I think the fishstix are headed back out on the island.
    Good riddance. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Seattle Grungers
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The Seattle Weed
    Green River Killers
    Bundy's Breakers
    I kid....
    I kind of like the minor league name, the Thunderbirds
    Maybe go with The Night Trains to pair up?

• Options
    The Seattle Weed
    Green River Killers
    Bundy's Breakers
    I kid....
    I kind of like the minor league name, the Thunderbirds
    Maybe go with The Night Trains to pair up?

:lol: I like it!
    Seattle Totems is getting a lot of play, but I'm guessing we'd be known as the Scrotums around the league, so I'm not a fan of that one. :smirk:
    Seattle Metropolitans is up there as a nod to our Stanley Cup winning team 100 years ago. And the Oak View Group registered a bunch of domain names including Seattle Cougars, Seattle Eagles, Seattle Emeralds, Seattle Evergreens, Seattle Firebirds, Seattle Kraken, Seattle Rainiers, Seattle Renegades, Seattle Sea Lions, Seattle Seals, Seattle Sockeyes, Seattle Totems, Seattle Whales. Not a fan of most of those, so it will be interesting to see what makes the cut. I think they'll do a fan vote, but ultimately the ownership group will decide.
  • Options
    I met a few Seattle Cougars in my younger days.  ;)
    Also like The Kraken!