Options

2024 NHL Playoffs

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited May 2017
    I have,yet to see concrete video evidence that shows that his skate was off the ice and therefore offside, which is a stupid rule in of itself.
    The refs made it known early that they were going to be a part of this SC Final and of course it's gonna benefit Crosby and the Pens.
    And yes, the NBC crew needs to go. Between Eddie O and Pierre, you can practically hear them cheer for the Pens on every play.
    The NHL wonders why it's always looking up at other leagues.
    All this said, Rinne came up small last night. He has another game like that and this series is over.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    What's it matter if he's a fan of the home or road team?  It's a crime if a road fan does it but not a home fan? If you can throw a hat on the ice or an octopus and disrupt the flow of the game, what's it matter if the person doing it is a fan of the home or road team? 
    This is just stupid.  Kick him out of his seat and call it a night.  Criminal charges are not only excessive but a complete waste of resources.
    This is one small reason of many why Pittsburgh sucks when it comes to their sports teams.
    simple, fan of the home team does it it excites the fans (even if Nashville copying Detroit is lame). fan of a road team does it, it incites the crowd.  doing that on road is just asking for someone to start a fight. it's stupid and moronic behavior to do that in another teams arena. when a guest in another's home act accordingly.  

• Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    ponytd said:
    I bought my plane ticket to Nashville for Game 3 while they were getting the Western Conference trophy. If anyone has any extra tickets let me know. Can't believe their resell prices are 3x the Pitt prices. $1K just to get in the building.
    If you can't get in, get down to the arena early. The party in the plaza across the street(Walk of Fame park) will be wild. There will be beer stands, food trucks and live bands before the game (weather permitting), but it will fill up fast. The fire marshall closed it for people entering almost an hour before  the game last night due to it being at full capacity. They will be shutting down several streets and I think they're shutting down Broadway too for watch parties. If you go to the plaza, just stop by WalMart or someplace to buy some cheap camping chairs to sit in. I'll be in there for game 3 luckily and can't wait. I believe Muse is playing at Ascend Amphitheater that night downtown too.
    Thanks for the ideas! We plan on getting to Rippys at 11am and getting a table upstairs. Have a great time. 
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    pjhawks said:
    What's it matter if he's a fan of the home or road team?  It's a crime if a road fan does it but not a home fan? If you can throw a hat on the ice or an octopus and disrupt the flow of the game, what's it matter if the person doing it is a fan of the home or road team? 
    This is just stupid.  Kick him out of his seat and call it a night.  Criminal charges are not only excessive but a complete waste of resources.
    This is one small reason of many why Pittsburgh sucks when it comes to their sports teams.
    simple, fan of the home team does it it excites the fans (even if Nashville copying Detroit is lame). fan of a road team does it, it incites the crowd.  doing that on road is just asking for someone to start a fight. it's stupid and moronic behavior to do that in another teams arena. when a guest in another's home act accordingly.  

Agreed if you're in someones home, but they're not. It's a public arena, not someone's house.

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    I say get rid of the off sides challenge, bring in a penalty challenge - look for diving. Don't know how'd you challenge blown missed calls though, like the elbow / interference sid threw last night. Keep the goalie interference challenge that's ok. 
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjhawks said:

I tend to think people who don't start fights at sporting events are better than those looking to do so. :wink:
    Also, not a valid reason.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    My two biggest gripes in hockey:

1. Get rid of the off-sides challenge.
    2. Get EVERYONE but the goaltender the fuck out of the crease!!!  Aka "Fuck you, Brett Hull!"
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    the interference by crosby should have been called that was obvious.   the offside was inconclusive in my opinion and should not have been overturned.  I also think, PK i believe, throwing his arms up did not help the cause but understand the frustration after the 2 penalties.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

I tend to think people who don't start fights at sporting events are better than those looking to do so. :wink:
    agree 100% but that doesn't mean you aren't inciting them.  you don't walk into a bar and be an asshole why would you walk into the arena of another team and act like an asshole in front of 20,000 people? it's stupid behavior.  and yes i've been in many arenas as an away fan but i make sure i don't do anything to antagonize the home fans.  i'm smarter than that even though i probably could use a good ass kicking i ain't inciting one.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

agree 100% but that doesn't mean you aren't inciting them.  you don't walk into a bar and be an asshole why would you walk into the arena of another team and act like an asshole in front of 20,000 people? it's stupid behavior.  and yes i've been in many arenas as an away fan but i make sure i don't do anything to antagonize the home fans.  i'm smarter than that even though i probably could use a good ass kicking i ain't inciting one.
    Haha, you and me both!  But I really don't see how throwing a fish on the ice is inciting violence.  And criminal charges are absolutely unnecessary.  Kick the guy out, fine.  No need to press charges against him.  The Pittsburgh PD is obviously making a poster child out of him for no reason other than it's the Stanley Cup Final.  He threw a fish onto the ice for christ's sake.  Fuck Shittsburgh!
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

Haha, you and me both!  But I really don't see how throwing a fish on the ice is inciting violence.  And criminal charges are absolutely unnecessary.  Kick the guy out, fine.  No need to press charges against him.  The Pittsburgh PD is obviously making a poster child out of him for no reason other than it's the Stanley Cup Final.  He threw a fish onto the ice for christ's sake.  Fuck Shittsburgh!
    Yeah, they told the guy after he was kicked out that he was going to be cited with disorderly conduct. They asked him if he had plans on coming back to the city and he said no, then yesterday morning he found out about the 2 additional charges. they're just trying to milk more money out of him
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

he was confronted by fans as he tried to leave the area. i'd call that inciting.  and he sounds like a total douche in the story below.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nashville-dumb-redneck-legendary-catfish-toss-police-charges-225133014.html?.tsrc=aolsports
  • Options
    The charges are being dropped. Now everyone can go back to more important things. Like how terrible the refs are lol

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2017/05/31/Stanley-Cup-catfish-tosser-charges-dropped-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Nashville-Predators/stories/201705310204
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    ponytd said:
    The charges are being dropped. Now everyone can go back to more important things. Like how terrible the refs are lol

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2017/05/31/Stanley-Cup-catfish-tosser-charges-dropped-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Nashville-Predators/stories/201705310204
    Glad to see these are being. The full story on ESPN was hilarios...dousing the catfish with Old Spice. That had to smell lovely.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    Charges being dropped. Pittsburgh DA must've realized games are being played in both cities.  Reading that Yahoo article pjhawks linked, it seems like even Pittsburgh's mayor thought the charges were silly.  "If it goes to court, I hope he only does community service. Like cleaning fish at Wholey's."

Go Preds!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    hockey is so good!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    come on Nashville!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Hell of a job Preds. Huge hole.
    Was hoping for a good final. Will be sick if this Penguin team wins 2 Cups in a row.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    These refs have shit on these last two games. Just when the game starts to flow they make a chintzy call and smother it.

And I'm cheering for the Penguins, but mostly I'm looking for good hockey.
  • Options
    Well that was disappointing. Jeez Preds, c'mon. They seemed to take a page out of Anaheims playbook tonight and try to play somewhat dirty and took way too many stupid penalties. And Pekka really needs to start playing like he did the 1st 2 rounds or this is going to be over quick.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    dignin said:
    These refs have shit on these last two games. Just when the game starts to flow they make a chintzy call and smother it.

Not sure what the refs did wrong last night.  Nashville had a bunch of obvious, stupid penalties.  
  • Options
    I hate the Penguins more than anything but 3 goals in a 4 minute span has nothing to do with bad refs. 

Come on Preds, get your shit together!!  Be the team that beat the shit out of my team in round 1!
  • Options
    I hate the Penguins more than anything but 3 goals in a 4 minute span has nothing to do with bad refs. 

Come on Preds, get your shit together!!  Be the team that beat the shit out of my team in round 1!
    Rinne has sucked in the 2 games.  some soft goals for sure.  Preds win game 3 but I think they are cooked.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    pjhawks said:

Rinne has sucked in the 2 games.  some soft goals for sure.  Preds win game 3 but I think they are cooked.
    Yeah didn't Pittsburgh only have like a dozen shots on goal in Game 1?  They went a 37 minute span without a shot on goal in that game.  That's damn near 2 whole periods without a snipe... and they still won!  UGH!!
  • Options
    :lol: Nashville better win game 3 or their definitely done.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    dignin said:

Not sure what the refs did wrong last night.  Nashville had a bunch of obvious, stupid penalties.  
    They made light calls with no consistency. 

• Options
    ponytd said:
    I bought my plane ticket to Nashville for Game 3 while they were getting the Western Conference trophy. If anyone has any extra tickets let me know. Can't believe their resell prices are 3x the Pitt prices. $1K just to get in the building.
    If you can't get in, get down to the arena early. The party in the plaza across the street(Walk of Fame park) will be wild. There will be beer stands, food trucks and live bands before the game (weather permitting), but it will fill up fast. The fire marshall closed it for people entering almost an hour before  the game last night due to it being at full capacity. They will be shutting down several streets and I think they're shutting down Broadway too for watch parties. If you go to the plaza, just stop by WalMart or someplace to buy some cheap camping chairs to sit in. I'll be in there for game 3 luckily and can't wait. I believe Muse is playing at Ascend Amphitheater that night downtown too.
    Thanks for the ideas! We plan on getting to Rippys at 11am and getting a table upstairs. Have a great time. 
    if you are planning on going to the plaza party or walk of fame park, they are not allowing chairs. it will be standing room only. If you can get a good seat on the roof of Rippy's or right near the bar, you should be golden to be able to see everything
  • Options
    Much better game tonight when the refs are letting them play.
  • Options
    hopefully nashville wins game 4 so there can be a series.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD