Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    mrussel1 said:
    Nami said:
    I can hardly wait to see what spectacle Vegas plans before the start of the game...

come 930 my time, I just want them to drop the puck and get on with it....

Go Caps! (looking to see if mrussel1 is around-all clear) Go Caps!

I kid.

Would you like to know what I think of Alex Ovechkin?  Let me know.  I have a three page dissertation I can post.  

lol, I know of your dislike for the guy. 

Finally some hockey to watch tonight.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I was going to watch the finals. but man, it's too fucking nice outside. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I was going to watch the finals. but man, it's too fucking nice outside. 

bring your tv outside on the deck along with some cold brews
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    If Vegas has all these fans, where were they before this team existed? We’re they fans of the Kings or whatever close by team?

If Vegas wins the Cup I better not see anyone down here(I’m in Palm Beach FL) wearing Vegas championship gear unless they’re from the state of Nevada or a state that doesn’t have a team. What do I know I’ve had too many beers and I missed the opening ceremony/show.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    One hell of a game so far, you could see that goal coming.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Is Lil Jon really the most famous person at the Vegas game??
  • Options
    great game.  
    dont care for the vegas nonsense in the beginning though..
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeeeaaahhhh!

Personally I’d consider Gladys Knight more famous, though I couldn’t name either of their songs, lol.

Good game, but as astounding as their story is, this Vegas situation just doesn’t sit right with me.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeeeaaahhhh!

Personally I’d consider Gladys Knight more famous, though I couldn’t name either of their songs, lol.

Good game, but as astounding as their story is, this Vegas situation just doesn’t sit right with me.

Floyd Mayweather was shown in the stands
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Nami said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeeeaaahhhh!

Floyd Mayweather was shown in the stands
    That's definitely closer to A list.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    mrussel1 said:
    Turned on the pregame on NBCSports and they were interviewing Carrot Top.  Carrot fucking Top really? if that is the best you can do maybe not do it?

Wilson on the Caps is a punk and cheap shot artist.  Dirty hit.  Crazy game though.  How many posts and crossbars were hit?  And if the Vegas ice is bad when it's 90something outside what the heck is going to happen in 2 weeks when its like 110?  
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    How did the Refs miss the OBVIOUS crosscheck on the Vegas 4th goal? 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    How did the Refs miss the OBVIOUS crosscheck on the Vegas 4th goal? 
    Somehow they found a way and they most certainly missed an obvious call. Hopefully, they won't any more like that one. Great game picking the Caps in 6 but rooting for Vegas.

Peace

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    g under p said:
    If Vegas has all these fans, where were they before this team existed? We’re they fans of the Kings or whatever close by team?

If Vegas wins the Cup I better not see anyone down here(I’m in Palm Beach FL) wearing Vegas championship gear unless they’re from the state of Nevada or a state that doesn’t have a team. What do I know I’ve had too many beers and I missed the opening ceremony/show.

peace

there are tons of cold weather and canadian transplants in vegas. vegas had minor league hockey for many years. my point is, vegas has always had hockey afficianados and now they have their own team.

and, no, we never liked the kings. :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

flava flav was probably there, too. that motherfucker just will not go away :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Vegas just keeps impressing ... 

It'll be something if they win it all...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:

flava flav was probably there, too. that motherfucker just will not go away :lol:
    Like chocolate, even vanilla 
    Chocolate, strawberry, sarsaparilla
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I'm getting the feeling that catching a Golden Knights game is a must see visiting Vegas. 

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:
    I'm getting the feeling that catching a Golden Knights game is a must see visiting Vegas. 

Peace

take your wallet!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    g under p said:

Peace

take your wallet!
    Does that mean catching a game there is very expensive? Also have you been to a game this season?

Peace

• Options
    Man the Caps look sluggish and without speed.

Peace

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    kinda funny when they sing the star spangled banner in Vegas everyone screams "NIGHT" that our flag was still there. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    g under p said:
    Wobbie said:
    g under p said:

Peace

take your wallet!
    Does that mean catching a game there is very expensive? Also have you been to a game this season?

Peace
    Wobbie didn't know what hockey was a few years ago!  (He stopped following when they flattened the puck)
    ;)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    g under p said:
    Wobbie said:
    g under p said:

Peace

take your wallet!

Peace
    Wobbie didn't know what hockey was a few years ago!  (He stopped following when they flattened the puck)
    ;)

blow me.

I was at columbus checkers games. google them.

been to one knights game....they went down 0-2 to florida before scoring 5 unanswered. their secondary market ticket prices are no doubt higher than most but maybe not that crazy for a top team. thing about vegas regular season is, there will always be tons of enemy fans attending.

it occured to me that NHL hockey is probably the only sport where someone could go to one game and become a fan.

MLB (I love it) - too slow

NFL - seconds of action, followed by minutes of nothing.

NBA - nothing matters til the 4th quarter; too many foul shots; too many timeouts

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,313
    Glad the Caps won game 2
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Caps. BITCHES
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

great energy and game... man that save by Holtby, within the last two mins,  was amazing.

Eller, Connolly, and Burakovsky are very impressive together.

Man seeing Ovy nervous on the bench was funny...

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    That was a fun game to watch.
    Wobbie...I'm heading out today, be sure to answer the door when I ring your bell.  (I've been practicing with a baby carrot!)
    :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    That was a fun game to watch.
    Wobbie...I'm heading out today, be sure to answer the door when I ring your bell.  (I've been practicing with a baby carrot!)
    :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ-MY6zjRHU
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I can't root for either of these teams but that was an entertaining hockey game last night.  That late save by Holtby was incredible!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018