2017-2018 NHL Playoffs

1178179181183184194

Comments

  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 7,386
    WOW>this has turned political.  I wasn't sure i was in the correct thread>LOL

    No such thing as a cherry picker in the NHL.  The other team has to defend the players wherever there at on the ice.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
    No, you're right.  You don't need to have a C to be a leader.  But having a C means you have to be a leader.  And the player with the C who is also the most talented player on the team, bares the lion share of responsibility for failure to win the Cup.  And I'm not talking any captain in the league, rather one that is on a team with championship aspirations.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 23,689
    Miller is such a pussy bitch. Fucking hair pulling in a hockey fight. Vegas is a sad fucking joke.
    as the juggler would say...YOU ARE a sad fucking joke.

    as is your team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

    Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 10,860
    Go Caps


    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 12,400
    Miller is such a pussy bitch. Fucking hair pulling in a hockey fight. Vegas is a sad fucking joke.
    Stop fucking swearing on this fucking forum. FUCK!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 12,400
    MayDay10 said:
    Never knew Vegas had a team. Did they replace another team?
    Sorry I don't follow hockey closely being far away.
    Expansion team new this season.  

    Seattle, probably in 2 or 3 years
    Ah cool. Why did they replace the Atlanta Thrashers?

    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
    edited May 14
    mrussel1 said:
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
    No, you're right.  You don't need to have a C to be a leader.  But having a C means you have to be a leader.  And the player with the C who is also the most talented player on the team, bares the lion share of responsibility for failure to win the Cup.  And I'm not talking any captain in the league, rather one that is on a team with championship aspirations.  
    The leaderless capitals are how somehow up 2-0, at least Tampa has great leadership...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777

    MayDay10 said:
    Never knew Vegas had a team. Did they replace another team?
    Sorry I don't follow hockey closely being far away.
    Expansion team new this season.  

    Seattle, probably in 2 or 3 years
    Ah cool. Why did they replace the Atlanta Thrashers?

    They moved to Winnipeg ... Atlanta should never get an NHL team again...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
    mrussel1 said:
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
    No, you're right.  You don't need to have a C to be a leader.  But having a C means you have to be a leader.  And the player with the C who is also the most talented player on the team, bares the lion share of responsibility for failure to win the Cup.  And I'm not talking any captain in the league, rather one that is on a team with championship aspirations.  
    The leaderless capitals are how somehow up 2-0, at least Tampa has great leadership...
    No awards for being up in a series,  last I checked. You're the one that said they won't win it this year,  so what's your point?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
     And as much as I like Stamkos, he isn't a great captain.  He also isn't effective enough on the back check.  But at least he doesn't run a group dedicated to honoring a criminal. 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
    No, you're right.  You don't need to have a C to be a leader.  But having a C means you have to be a leader.  And the player with the C who is also the most talented player on the team, bares the lion share of responsibility for failure to win the Cup.  And I'm not talking any captain in the league, rather one that is on a team with championship aspirations.  
    The leaderless capitals are how somehow up 2-0, at least Tampa has great leadership...
    No awards for being up in a series,  last I checked. You're the one that said they won't win it this year,  so what's your point?
    So where have I said the Capitals are winning it?  I thought your argument was that Ovechkin was not a  great leader because he was a supporter of some politician.  So when are you going validate your arguments with facts?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
    mrussel1 said:
     And as much as I like Stamkos, he isn't a great captain.  He also isn't effective enough on the back check.  But at least he doesn't run a group dedicated to honoring a criminal. 
    If you support any POTUS, the same could very well be said...now back to the integrity of the thread.  Feel free to back your arguments up with facts...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 13,024
    This thread took the same turn the Predators and Kings did -- right down the toilet
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ponytdponytd NashvillePosts: 541
    Suck it Preds! I guess Jets attire will be banned at Bridgestone next season? 

    I am rooting for Vegas overall and I’d really like to see Ovi in a SCF, but at this point I’m happy with any of the possible outcomes! 
    did nashville impose a ban before? or are you referring to tampa?
    They went to super extreme lengths to keep Blackhawks fans out of their arena for Hawks-Preds games.  It was really sad.
    Yeah, back in the day Detroit fans used to dominate Bridgestone Arena, and I'd say Chicago fans were 2nd. They couldn't do much about the Detroit fans since there were so many transplants here that worked at the Saturn plant and other car plants. But Chicago fans would fly or drive down here in droves for the games once they were good again cause it was an easy and cheap trip and buy most of the tickets as soon as they went on sale. So they instituted a local only ticket policy(mostly for playoffs, but for a few regular season games too) to try and give local people a better chance of getting tickets to the big games. It's not so cheap to fly between Nashville and Chicago anymore, so not sure how much of a problem it would still be.

    I understand them wanting to have as much of a home ice advantage as they can, but public tickets should be sold to anyone that wants to buy them. I have more of a problem of season ticket holders selling to opposing fans.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OHPosts: 2,510
    ponytd said:
    Suck it Preds! I guess Jets attire will be banned at Bridgestone next season? 

    I am rooting for Vegas overall and I’d really like to see Ovi in a SCF, but at this point I’m happy with any of the possible outcomes! 
    did nashville impose a ban before? or are you referring to tampa?
    They went to super extreme lengths to keep Blackhawks fans out of their arena for Hawks-Preds games.  It was really sad.
    Yeah, back in the day Detroit fans used to dominate Bridgestone Arena, and I'd say Chicago fans were 2nd. They couldn't do much about the Detroit fans since there were so many transplants here that worked at the Saturn plant and other car plants. But Chicago fans would fly or drive down here in droves for the games once they were good again cause it was an easy and cheap trip and buy most of the tickets as soon as they went on sale. So they instituted a local only ticket policy(mostly for playoffs, but for a few regular season games too) to try and give local people a better chance of getting tickets to the big games. It's not so cheap to fly between Nashville and Chicago anymore, so not sure how much of a problem it would still be.

    I understand them wanting to have as much of a home ice advantage as they can, but public tickets should be sold to anyone that wants to buy them. I have more of a problem of season ticket holders selling to opposing fans.
    This!  Before a game this year I was talking to another Bluejackets season ticket holder and he told me he always sells his tickets when the Penguins, Blackhawks, Flyers, and Red Wings are in town.  I just shook my head and walked away.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,600
    This thread took the same turn the Predators and Kings did -- right down the toilet
    As usual these days, can't talk about anything without it becoming political.  
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 11,346
    MayDay10 said:
    Never knew Vegas had a team. Did they replace another team?
    Sorry I don't follow hockey closely being far away.
    Expansion team new this season.  

    Seattle, probably in 2 or 3 years
    Ah cool. Why did they replace the Atlanta Thrashers?

    Thrashers moved to Winnipeg and became the Jets*.  Atlanta doesn't care about hockey and the NHL apparently didn't learn that the first time (see: Calgary Flames).

    *The original Winnipeg Jets are the current Phoenix Coyotes.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 13,024
    This thread took the same turn the Predators and Kings did -- right down the toilet
    As usual these days, can't talk about anything without it becoming political.  
    Yep
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 8,653
    edited May 14
    Ovechkin is probably the 2nd best forward of the past decade.  that most likely makes you a top 50 player of all time.  I guess the question is where do you draw the line and how do you define guys who played 50+ years ago.  In my lifetime he is definitely one of the top 50.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    He must be the only 600+ goal scorer that'll never be considered top 50.  I provided a pretty good example of a captain (Gretzky) who many said was a cherry picker that was not the team leaderm on the ice (Messier was)  The captains role is to act as a liaison between coach and ref, and other players and coach.  Unless there is something I'm not aware of, I've never heard any moaning from the capitals locker room.  Leadership can come from any player ... Patrick Roy was the leader of Montreal's last 2 championships ...  you do not need a letter on your jersey to be a leader...
    No, you're right.  You don't need to have a C to be a leader.  But having a C means you have to be a leader.  And the player with the C who is also the most talented player on the team, bares the lion share of responsibility for failure to win the Cup.  And I'm not talking any captain in the league, rather one that is on a team with championship aspirations.  
    The leaderless capitals are how somehow up 2-0, at least Tampa has great leadership...
    No awards for being up in a series,  last I checked. You're the one that said they won't win it this year,  so what's your point?
    So where have I said the Capitals are winning it?  I thought your argument was that Ovechkin was not a  great leader because he was a supporter of some politician.  So when are you going validate your arguments with facts?
    Negative.  Read more carefully. I was asking what your point was by stating the caps were up 2 when you said they Won't win it.  So I'm wondering what The 2 game lead proves to you. The Putin support has nothing to do with his work on ice.  Nowhere did I say it did.  You are misrepresenting,  poorly,  what I said.  I think it makes him a bad person though. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
    This thread took the same turn the Predators and Kings did -- right down the toilet
     This is my fault.  But I've come to terms with it. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 13,024
    Hahaha.  Perfect response. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,655
    Fuck Ovie! Fuck D.C.! Fuck Holtby! But mostly, fuck the fuckin' Bolts for not even bothering to show up for the past two games. What the fuckin' fuck!?! 

    Fuck!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 11,655
    ^^^At least I don't have any money riding on them. Only a true dumbass would do something like that. :whistle:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami NewfoundlandPosts: 5,609
    edited May 14
    dankind said:
    Fuck Ovie! Fuck D.C.! Fuck Holtby! But mostly, fuck the fuckin' Bolts for not even bothering to show up for the past two games. What the fuckin' fuck!?! 

    Fuck!!!

    They're eating chips, watchin Ovy and da boys skate around them like pylons.   I expect a better response from them in the next game though... Yzerman should put on his skates and show them how its done.
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 9,101
    Nami said:
    dankind said:
    Fuck Ovie! Fuck D.C.! Fuck Holtby! But mostly, fuck the fuckin' Bolts for not even bothering to show up for the past two games. What the fuckin' fuck!?! 

    Fuck!!!

    They're eating chips, watchin Ovy and da boys skate around them like pylons.   I expect a better response from them in the next game though... Yzerman should put on his skates and show them how its done.
     That's the damn truth about Stevie Y. Either that,  or Andrychuk should suit up,  rip the C from Stamkos sweater and show them how to win. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 13,024
    dankind said:
    ^^^At least I don't have any money riding on them. Only a true dumbass would do something like that. :whistle:
    Yeah, only a dumbass would bet on the bolts.

    Oh, wait.....
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business...Posts: 1,777
    pjhawks said:
    Ovechkin is probably the 2nd best forward of the past decade.  that most likely makes you a top 50 player of all time.  I guess the question is where do you draw the line and how do you define guys who played 50+ years ago.  In my lifetime he is definitely one of the top 50.
    I think Ovie could have played in any era ... but if he played in the 80's...he might be challenging Gretzky's goal record ...
Sign In or Register to comment.