2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 
    they got a good haul for him.  I think the wings are going full rebuild mode now.  That’s why they kept Howard.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a goalie in the first round, hope he pans out in 2-3 years to replace an aging Howard.  I like the deal.  It’s also a real possibility that the wings will try to move up in the draft to better their odds of the number 1 pick, however, I think for any team to lesson their odds at the number 1 pick this year will take a kings ransom.

Agree, surprised Mazerk is gone more so than Tatar.   Tatar has been coming on of late but I overall I find he makes one to many moves and gets caught. Very talented forward though.  Mazerk was playing awesome up to the trade and I find Howard sketchy at times.  Thought M would be #1 goalie for the wings- now and future.  The wings are definitely in rebuild mode.... Hank, Abby, Ericsson, and Kronwall aren't getting any younger.    Of the new players for me this year, Ive been liking Jensen, Frk , and Booth.  AA and Larkin are great together.... would be awesome for the wings to find a fast seasoned vet to play with them... wonder what Booth could do with them?  Daley on D is a beast as well and Dekeyser needs more playing time.  Bert and Mantha need to pick it up. 

Go Wings Go!

=Agree with everything you said ... I have a feeling the wings might make an offer to get in an position to draft dahlin ... 

Just read up on this guy... damn impressive.
    He is impressive ... would not be surprised IF the wings try to trade foRnumber 1 over-all.  You really need a road trip to see the wings in their new home...LCA is a beutiful arena.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I just hope that, IF Seattle gets a team, they don't use that god awful Xbox green in their livery.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    Not a fan of any of those options, hope they come up with something both unique and badass.  Seattle deserves as much.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 
    they got a good haul for him.  I think the wings are going full rebuild mode now.  That’s why they kept Howard.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a goalie in the first round, hope he pans out in 2-3 years to replace an aging Howard.  I like the deal.  It’s also a real possibility that the wings will try to move up in the draft to better their odds of the number 1 pick, however, I think for any team to lesson their odds at the number 1 pick this year will take a kings ransom.

Agree, surprised Mazerk is gone more so than Tatar.   Tatar has been coming on of late but I overall I find he makes one to many moves and gets caught. Very talented forward though.  Mazerk was playing awesome up to the trade and I find Howard sketchy at times.  Thought M would be #1 goalie for the wings- now and future.  The wings are definitely in rebuild mode.... Hank, Abby, Ericsson, and Kronwall aren't getting any younger.    Of the new players for me this year, Ive been liking Jensen, Frk , and Booth.  AA and Larkin are great together.... would be awesome for the wings to find a fast seasoned vet to play with them... wonder what Booth could do with them?  Daley on D is a beast as well and Dekeyser needs more playing time.  Bert and Mantha need to pick it up. 

Go Wings Go!

=Agree with everything you said ... I have a feeling the wings might make an offer to get in an position to draft dahlin ... 

He is impressive ... would not be surprised IF the wings try to trade foRnumber 1 over-all.  You really need a road trip to see the wings in their new home...LCA is a beutiful arena.
    Oh its on the list of things to do, already gave the wife a heads up its coming... hahaha.  What they show on FSD, it looks amazing.   I also have to mention, the announcers that cover the Wings are the least biased Ive ever seen/heard.  They root for the wings but give props to the other team all the time.   Mickey Redmond is the best.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    gotta say, im not a big fan of these outdoor games.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Nami said:
    They’ve lost there lustre for me...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Nami said:
    Tatar gone wow.. 

Go Wings Go!

Oh its on the list of things to do, already gave the wife a heads up its coming... hahaha.  What they show on FSD, it looks amazing.   I also have to mention, the announcers that cover the Wings are the least biased Ive ever seen/heard.  They root for the wings but give props to the other team all the time.   Mickey Redmond is the best.
    I’ve only seen a concert in there so far ... just beautiful.

hope to catch a game next year.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Kings shit the bed today.
    Oh, the misery that being a fan can bring.
    (To the damn Blackhawks, no less)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Nami said:
    It was a novel idea when it was just the Winter Classic.  But now they're just so many of them that NONE of them seem to bear any significance.
  • Options
    Kings shit the bed today.
    Oh, the misery that being a fan can bring.
    (To the damn Blackhawks, no less)
    Don't worry, at least you won't see us in the playoffs...
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Nami said:
    It was a novel idea when it was just the Winter Classic.  But now they're just so many of them that NONE of them seem to bear any significance.
    This ^ plus they keep recycling the same teams.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    Nami said:
    This ^ plus they keep recycling the same teams.

the leafs uniforms were brutal, watched a bit then turned to curling.
  • Options

My seats tonight. Let’s Go Jackets!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    good comeback by the wings last night to a least get a point....then in OT, Mantha sitting back eating chips as he watches Marchand go to the net on Howard-fail.   Take a seat Mantha take a seat.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    KC138045 said:

Nice seats!

Caps skating in to LA tonight -- all games are big games at this point, we want two points!
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

Nice seats!

Caps skating in to LA tonight -- all games are big games at this point, we want two points!
    Exactly!  Jackets are barley hanging on to that last wild card spot and the Florida Panthers of all teams is on a hot streak with games in hand.  Playoffs have already begun for a lot of teams.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    for the crosby haters out there ... nhl players poll ... 500 responses from 31 teams ...

https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2017-18

• Options
    KC138045 said:
    KC138045 said:

Nice seats!

Exactly!  Jackets are barley hanging on to that last wild card spot and the Florida Panthers of all teams is on a hot streak with games in hand.  Playoffs have already begun for a lot of teams.
    The Rats seem to make a habit of storming back at the end of the year.  Dangerous team.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:
    for the crosby haters out there ... nhl players poll ... 500 responses from 31 teams ...

He's difficult to play against cuz he never gets called for a damn thing.  Gets away with holding, slashing, tripping, embellishment, etc ALL the time.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

He's difficult to play against cuz he never gets called for a damn thing.  Gets away with holding, slashing, tripping, embellishment, etc ALL the time.
    haters gonna hate!  haha
    voted best role model and second in who'd they start a franchise with
  • Options
    He is a great player -- a surefire HoF type of player and one of the absolute best of his generation in pretty much every way to measure.

(I still dislike him on the ice, agree with Dyer.)
  • Options
    He is a great player -- a surefire HoF type of player and one of the absolute best of his generation in pretty much every way to measure.

(I still dislike him on the ice, agree with Dyer.)
    Him and Oveckin.  Both great generational players and for sure hall of famers but I can't stand either.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    I like how you can look up instance after instance of stuff like this.  Just let the big dogs fight and quit slashing people, slew footing, etc

https://youtu.be/AYQf9Kfdbtk

• Options
    c'mon ... all the best players get cheap shot all the time ... he's clearly on the receiving end way more than giving ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/sidney-crosby-quebec-junior-hockey-player-mont-tremblant-2018-1.4513810

• Options
    You are a Crosby fan, I fully get and understand you sticking up for him when people throw mud at him.  He is a great player, no doubt. 
  • Options
    He IS a great player. That's what pisses me off the most about him.  He could play his game and still be the best in the league!  He doesn't need to resort to cheap antics, yet he does continually.  And he gets away with it but cries like a little bitch when he doesn't get a chauncey call.
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

Uh, you just described the average NHL game ... all players get away with stuff.  Do you want the refs to call every infraction, a 2 hour game to play, now takes 3, it’ll be 6 hours if the refs call every thing.

and Crosby is hard to play against because he’s the best player in the world...

hes is pretty much won everything there is to win in hockey...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I think you Americans will find that when you score a goal in over-time of the gold medal against the Americans in the Olympics, it’ll be hard pressed to find Canadians who don’t have a soft spot for him...even here, across from Detroit, many wings fans I know couldn’t stand Crosby because of the mix-up after Crosby’s first cup where he messed up and did not shake Lidstrom’s hand...they now like Crosby...I guess Gold Medal for Canada changed their tune.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Doesn't change his being CBC - and not the network!
  • Options
    I think you Americans will find that when you score a goal in over-time of the gold medal against the Americans in the Olympics, it’ll be hard pressed to find Canadians who don’t have a soft spot for him...even here, across from Detroit, many wings fans I know couldn’t stand Crosby because of the mix-up after Crosby’s first cup where he messed up and did not shake Lidstrom’s hand...they now like Crosby...I guess Gold Medal for Canada changed their tune.
    I live near Pittsburgh and it absolutely digusted me the number of people cheering when Crosby scored that OT goal in the gold medal game.  I'm like, look, be a Penguins fan, fine.  But right now he isn't playing for your team so he can go fuck himself!  Penguins fans don't care. Crosby can do no wrong, even if it's against their country.

I love the Blackhawks but I couldn't give two turds of a shit what Toews, Keith, or Crawford do in the Olympics.