Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    No games today? Is Halloween off a normal thing, because I don't recall it.

Damn Hawks slapped the Kings around yesterday. Ugghh.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So far I'd say the Subban for Weber trade has benefited Montreal immensely. Some measurements of a players worth can't be found on the stat sheet...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Didn't the Habs change a few other things?
    Either way, they are looking pretty smart right about now.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    They also signed Alexander Radulov to a 1 year contract, who has been playing with noticeable effort and investment.
  • Options
    Rygar said:

They also signed Alexander Radulov to a 1 year contract, who has been playing with noticeable effort and investment.

Andrew Shaw has been a nice fit as well, of course biggest gain is having a healthy Price...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Right, I forgot about Shaw!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    lukin2006 said:

Rygar said:

Andrew Shaw has been a nice fit as well, of course biggest gain is having a healthy Price...
    Is Shaw still taking really dumb penalties on a regular basis? He was good for the Hawks, but drove you nuts with the stupid penalties....he was good for one of those every few games.
  • Options
    He was doing some pretty questionable things in pre-season (slew foot, etc) but I haven't heard much about his antics so far in the regular season.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Jesus. Tough nite for New York.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

Rygar said:

Is Shaw still taking really dumb penalties on a regular basis? He was good for the Hawks, but drove you nuts with the stupid penalties....he was good for one of those every few games.
    Other than the slew foot in pre-season i haven't read many complaints, Montreal seems happy with him and especially his willingness to get to the front of the net, except when Weber has the shot, the games I've seen guys are reluctant to screen the goalie, wonder why? hahahaha.

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited November 2016
    Holy shit!! The Blue Jackets beat the Canadians 10-0 tonight. That's video game hockey. CBJ!!!!
    Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

Holy shit!! The Blue Jackets beat the Canadians 10-0 tonight. That's video game hockey. CBJ!!!!

I know, still can't believe the bush league move by Montreals coach, leaving the goalie in for 10.

Any doubt Shea Weber there should be none now, I would think it's not easy to loose 10-0 and have +/- 0

• Options
    He might be small but you know that dude learned a thing or two from Pops about fighting.
    Thanks for sharing, I missed that. Max is scoring via the assists, think the goals are gonna start flying soon. Great talent -- and with an uppercut like that? Whew!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    he was a tough player in juniors but a lot of cowardly stickwork and attacking players already engaged. Pretty strong uppercut there tough. Kessler was completely not expecting that
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    PK Subban has started to look a lot more comfortable the last 3 or 4 games. I like that they paired him with Ekholm. I think it's a better fit splitting Subban and Josi.
  • Options
    Farging Kings got slapped around by those currents from Montreal last night. Crap.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    My Habs have beaten Philly, Boston and LA in the last week. This makes me smile.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

My Habs have beaten Philly, Boston and LA in the last week. This makes me smile.

As long as price stays healthy I see a deep playoff run ...

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    lukin2006 said:

I think they made their point about that in Columbus. Not only does Price have to stay healthy but the rest of the team needs to step it up as well. They can not continue to depend on him to be outstanding the majority of the time as there plane for success.

I just enjoyed watching these teams in particular fall to the Habs.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

lukin2006 said:

I think they made their point about that in Columbus. Not only does Price have to stay healthy but the rest of the team needs to step it up as well. They can not continue to depend on him to be outstanding the majority of the time as there plane for success.

I just enjoyed watching these teams in particular fall to the Habs.
    It'll be even sweeter if Detroit falls to them Saturday...and I agree the rest need to step up, I do think there might be a blockbuster trade...I think Paciority might be involved at some point...a gut filling, based on no particular information...

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Vegas Golden Knights?
    Sounds like a soccer team.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I'm setting the over/under of them being simply the Knights at 5 years and the over/under of them still being around at 10 years.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192

I'm setting the over/under of them being simply the Knights at 5 years and the over/under of them still being around at 10 years.
    agree on the name but supposedly they have 13,000 season tickets. and the fan bases of the other teams will travel for the games there. very under tapped market. If they can be competitive I think they will make it long term. arizona and maybe even carolina will be gone before vegas i think.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I don't understand what is wrong with "Las Vegas Knights"? Why does everyone need to get so cute?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    edited November 2016
    Dumbest name since the mighty ducks. Actually, the mighty ducks make much more sense due to the teams proximity to Disney.

There are so many possibilities with a name associated with Vegas and they chose some bullshit from England.

I look forward to when they get caught operating a Walter White meth lab hidden under their laundry facility
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    MayDay10 said:

I don't understand what is wrong with "Las Vegas Knights"? Why does everyone need to get so cute?

Yeah, that would be so much better. The Golden Knights??? Silly. Having said that, I can't wait to go out to Vegas for a Blackhawks game.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Jason P said:

Dumbest name since the mighty ducks. Actually, the mighty ducks make much more sense due to the teams proximity to Disney.

There are so many possibilities with a name associated with Vegas and they chose some bullshit from England.

I look forward to when they get caught operating a Walter White meth lab hidden under their laundry facility

They are named the nights because the owner is a huge Army guy who originally wanted to name them the Black Knights like Army. I agree the Las Vegas Knights would be much better than Vegas Black Knights. not sure why they would drop the Las part and just go with Vegas.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    will this open up the market to the rest of the major sports leagues?