Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Should have named them the Las Vegas Bookies and have this as their mascot ...

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    polaris_x said:

will this open up the market to the rest of the major sports leagues?

except the NFL that still has it's head up their ass regarding gambling.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Las Vegas Golden Showers
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Heard that the London Knights of the OHL had a problem with the name. Could be hearsay tho.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

Heard that the London Knights of the OHL had a problem with the name. Could be hearsay tho.

I heard that, but I can't imagine they would have "Knights" locked down. Especially against the NHL and a guy who just paid like 1/2 of $1 Billion in expansion fees.
    I think London has the "Knights" trademarked in Canada... and it would likely require some sort of agreement for Vegas to use it. I dont think they even got far enough to talk.
  • Options
    That's like claiming dibs on "Wildcats"
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    MayDay10 said:

I heard that, but I can't imagine they would have "Knights" locked down. Especially against the NHL and a guy who just paid like 1/2 of $1 Billion in expansion fees.
    I think London has the "Knights" trademarked in Canada... and it would likely require some sort of agreement for Vegas to use it. I dont think they even got far enough to talk.
    some info on espn.com regarding the name

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18114686/nhl-how-vegas-golden-knights-got-their-nickname
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjhawks said:

polaris_x said:

Which is frickin' hilarious considering you can't watch an NFL game without seeing a minimum of 2 Draft Kings ads per commercial break.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

pjhawks said:

polaris_x said:

Which is frickin' hilarious considering you can't watch an NFL game without seeing a minimum of 2 Draft Kings ads per commercial break.
    Yeah I scratch my head at that still. Gambling is illegal but that flies. And gets sanctioned by the sports associations.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm just glad they scratched the notion of a "Hawks" moniker. I don't really mind the Golden part of Golden Knights. It can be a little wordy, and I'm sure people will just refer to them as the Knights for short, but Golden Knights seems fitting to me. You could even go so far as to say Knights is a play on "nights" given the nightlife scene in Vegas.
    I don't like the logo. Looks minor league.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Shhhhit. The caption under the wings tonite against buffalo is "a match up of struggling Atlantic division clubs" :bawling:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    1pm face off today vs NJ. I love daytime drinking at a hockey game.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
  • Options
    Don't blame him for getting fired up...he has had injury issues the past few years and no doubt doesn't like someone trying to take him out.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    :lol: wow hahaha

Was he really trying to take him down? Appears that red jersey boxed him in...

Haha just watched again. Even a red jersey was pulling him out from under him hahaha
  • Options
    No he wasn't trying to take him down. I think it brought up some unresolved issues and Price was picturing this guy image
    when he was laying the hurt down.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Whats the history nd? All I know is I need to watch the Habs more often!
  • Options
    Chris Kreider rushed the net and then couldn't stop in time so he slid into Price's knee blade first at full speed game one of the Habs V Rangers playoff series a couple of years ago. It took Price out for the rest of the series, which we then lost. The damage done to his knee took him out for almost all of last season. Basically this his him stating, don't fucking rush me or I will fuck you up. Good BC boy right there.

I am always an advocate of every one watching the Habs more frequently(or all the time) but I may be biased. =)

• Options
    Ahhhh. I c. It makes perfect sense now.

That big goalie glove coming down on his head/ribs! Jesus! :lol: I bet he was seeing red! Hahaha im sorry I know it's not funny. Haha the way he just following him being dragged away hahaha

• Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ahhhh. I c. It makes perfect sense now.

That big goalie glove coming down on his head/ribs! Jesus! :lol: I bet he was seeing red! Hahaha im sorry I know it's not funny. Haha the way he just following him being dragged away hahaha

Hey I found it funny and I'm not sorry. It's hockey.

• Options
    All I meant was his injury is not funny. And my god I cant imagine the horrific pain.
  • Options
    You're right that part isn't funny. He did look pretty hurtin' afterwards.
    But still, Price smash!

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    nothin' funnier than watching a goalie try to fight :lol:
  • Options
    Sexy Hexy could throw some punches.
  • Options
    The only thing about Price throwing down is that he didn't throw down. His hand was weaponized with the blocker. Plus his teammate actually shoved Palmieri into Price.

Still fun to watch!
  • Options
    Impressive brawl!
  • Options
    Since we're sharing :smiley:

https://youtu.be/vJlCdIOWkYM
  • Options