cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

And that's a wrap on the World Cup, not very entertaining, boring final..

I agree, and that's saying something even though Canada scored 2 late goals to win. Maybe if it was against a REAL Country it would be different?

Just curious , but what is the National Anthem for Team Europe & Team North America?

I prefer Country VS Country.
    I agree, I just don't know if Europe was that good or if we played down to the competition, I will give team Europe credit that they kept the games close. I think country vs country is best as well. If this tourney were to move forward it needs some work. I still think Olympic hockey tournament is the better tournament...so we'll just wait and see. I noticed Betman wasn't there to hand out the trophy...even he had trouble watching that finals, hahaha.
    I too, think Olympic Hockey is better.

Can't wait for December 26th when the World JR. Championship starts. Where is that being played this year?
    The World Junior Tournament, it's in Montreal and Toronto...
    Okay, thanks.

When was the last time it was held in the USA? Well, at least it's in my Time Zone, so that's Kool.
    2011 in Buffalo and will be held again in the US in 2018 in Buffalo...
    Buffalo? Hell, that's practically Canada>LOL>Probably be more Canadian fans then USA fans ther. I wish it was closer to me and played in NY & Philly. Thanks for the info.
    There is a need for the IIHF (and USA Hockey) to stage the tournament as close to Canada as possible. It would be a disaster at the gate elsewhere. There is not an appetite for a Junior Hockey Tournament elsewhere in the US.

Buffalo in 2011 was mostly Canadians for team Canada games. I did notice a lot of people I know were gifted tickets to "lesser" games and realized what we had there. It was too late to go to numerous games/buy the ticket package, etc... Plus, there is a larger awareness for Junior hockey and prospects in Buffalo (with Joe and Jane Common Fan) now that the Sabres have been in a stripped down, draft top end prospects for a few years..... The appeal to fans on our side of the border will be greater, but any game involving team Canada will be packed with Canadian fans, and largely, the Canadian interest is the engine that makes this thing a success.
    One could buy the package for the entire tournament, sell a few Canada games and finance the whole tournament at the mark-up. The same thing would happen with the Sabres vs Leafs or Habs... but the Sabres have almost caught up with their box-office pricing anyways.

The Pegulas are going to pull out all stops for this tournament this time. The harborcenter is down there, the whole canalside district is 100x better than it was in 2011... and they are willing to pour personal money and take a loss on the tournament just to put a good face on the area and organization. They realize all the top incoming NHL talent will be playing and they want to have great 1st impression (which is the biggest reason they basically financed the NHL combine to move to Buffalo).

Also, an outdoor game will be amazing for the tournament.

I would recommend taking a trip to take in some of the tournament if you get a weekend. The drive or flight from NY or Philly isnt bad at all.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    MayDay10 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

cutz said:

lukin2006 said:

And that's a wrap on the World Cup, not very entertaining, boring final..

I agree, and that's saying something even though Canada scored 2 late goals to win. Maybe if it was against a REAL Country it would be different?

Just curious , but what is the National Anthem for Team Europe & Team North America?

I prefer Country VS Country.
    I agree, I just don't know if Europe was that good or if we played down to the competition, I will give team Europe credit that they kept the games close. I think country vs country is best as well. If this tourney were to move forward it needs some work. I still think Olympic hockey tournament is the better tournament...so we'll just wait and see. I noticed Betman wasn't there to hand out the trophy...even he had trouble watching that finals, hahaha.
    I too, think Olympic Hockey is better.

Can't wait for December 26th when the World JR. Championship starts. Where is that being played this year?
    The World Junior Tournament, it's in Montreal and Toronto...
    Okay, thanks.

When was the last time it was held in the USA? Well, at least it's in my Time Zone, so that's Kool.
    2011 in Buffalo and will be held again in the US in 2018 in Buffalo...
    Buffalo? Hell, that's practically Canada>LOL>Probably be more Canadian fans then USA fans ther. I wish it was closer to me and played in NY & Philly. Thanks for the info.
    There is a need for the IIHF (and USA Hockey) to stage the tournament as close to Canada as possible. It would be a disaster at the gate elsewhere. There is not an appetite for a Junior Hockey Tournament elsewhere in the US.

Buffalo in 2011 was mostly Canadians for team Canada games. I did notice a lot of people I know were gifted tickets to "lesser" games and realized what we had there. It was too late to go to numerous games/buy the ticket package, etc... Plus, there is a larger awareness for Junior hockey and prospects in Buffalo (with Joe and Jane Common Fan) now that the Sabres have been in a stripped down, draft top end prospects for a few years..... The appeal to fans on our side of the border will be greater, but any game involving team Canada will be packed with Canadian fans, and largely, the Canadian interest is the engine that makes this thing a success.
    One could buy the package for the entire tournament, sell a few Canada games and finance the whole tournament at the mark-up. The same thing would happen with the Sabres vs Leafs or Habs... but the Sabres have almost caught up with their box-office pricing anyways.

The Pegulas are going to pull out all stops for this tournament this time. The harborcenter is down there, the whole canalside district is 100x better than it was in 2011... and they are willing to pour personal money and take a loss on the tournament just to put a good face on the area and organization. They realize all the top incoming NHL talent will be playing and they want to have great 1st impression (which is the biggest reason they basically financed the NHL combine to move to Buffalo).

Also, an outdoor game will be amazing for the tournament.

I would recommend taking a trip to take in some of the tournament if you get a weekend. The drive or flight from NY or Philly isnt bad at all.

Yeah, everything you say makes sense(and i agree that it probably wouldn't do as well in NY & Philly. Maybe Detroit? or in Minn. somewhere?

I may try to get up there over a weekend. Would love to see USA-Canada play,if i can get a ticket. If not, USA against any of the other Hockey powers: Russia. Sweden, Finland, etc.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jack Eichel may have just Teddy Bridgewatered his ankle ...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jason P said:

Jack Eichel may have just Teddy Bridgewatered his ankle ...

4 to 6 weeks is what I read.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Woo-hoo, Night 1!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Wow, that Matthews kid blows.
    2 goals on his first two shots in the league.
    Wow!
  • Options

Wow, that Matthews kid blows.
    2 goals on his first two shots in the league.
    Wow!

Hat Trick now. I guess its a good thing to play against Ottawa for your first game.
  • Options
    Matthews 4
    Senators 3
    After two periods.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Against Ottawa or not, that's an incredibly impressive debut!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Great debut for Matthews....WOW! 1st player in NHL history to score 4 goals in his 1st game. Could be the real deal. It was only 1 game, but what a start
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Quickie hurt his knee in the first period....what a horrid way to start the year. Damn.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    BLACK35 said:

Great debut for Matthews....WOW! 1st player in NHL history to score 4 goals in his 1st game. Could be the real deal. It was only 1 game, but what a start

incredible. 88 to catch Gretzky.
  • Options
    One game is a small sample size, but if last night was any indication the Blackhawks are in for a looooooooooong season. Offense was utterly abysmal. Not underestimating the Blues, they're a great team, but I think the Ice Hogs would've given them a better game.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Fired up for the Jackets season to start tonight. Taking a half day to get downtown early since Obama is in town tonight. Excited to see how the young guys do.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

One game is a small sample size, but if last night was any indication the Blackhawks are in for a looooooooooong season. Offense was utterly abysmal. Not underestimating the Blues, they're a great team, but I think the Ice Hogs would've given them a better game.

That division looks even more brutal than usual. Probably has 3 of the top 5 teams in the nhl
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Great start by Mathews...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    Flyers don't play til late tomorrow night :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    lukin2006 said:

Just keep him away from Phil Kessel's hot dog vendor and everything should be fine.
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    I've got Predator vs Chicago tickets tomorrow. Alabama vs Tennessee college football tickets for Saturday and Browns vs Titans tickets for Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the first two.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Jason P said:

lukin2006 said:

Just keep him away from Phil Kessel's hot dog vendor and everything should be fine.
    Lmao
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2016
    The Canucks are so desperate to try and get back all the fans they treated so poorly that they are now offering tickets for $16 CAD. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

The Canucks are so desperate to try and get back all the fans they treated so poorly that they are now offering tickets for $16 CAD. :lol:

Is that $2 in real money?
    Sorry, bad joke.
    Is that for a decent seat? Damn, hockey tickets are so pricey here. Want to sit lower bowl? Gonna cost you!
  • Options
    Closest 3 stadiums to me are PPG Paints, Verizon Center, Nationwide Arena. Pens & Caps games, forget it. Way out of my budget. Jackets games, affordable, but its a 4 hour drive! But... I've got Cambria County War Memorial (Johnstown-NAHL) and Pegula Ice Arena (Penn State) to see games - both great atmospheres, both inexpensive.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I just learned that seats in the southern US markets are fucking cheap! Prime seats with a original 6 team are only a $106ea. Fuck me those bastards are between $250-$300ea through TM in Vancouver for an original 6 game.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

I just learned that seats in the southern US markets are fucking cheap! Prime seats with a original 6 team are only a $106ea. Fuck me those bastards are between $250-$300ea through TM in Vancouver for an original 6 game.

Im 8 rows of fun he ice in Nashville and I pay $61 a game for my season tickets. That's what I paid for the Anaheim series too. Im in the corner but damn $61.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    jms said:

Im 8 rows of fun he ice in Nashville and I pay $61 a game for my season tickets. That's what I paid for the Anaheim series too. Im in the corner but damn $61.
    That's what I'm talking about. So fucking cheap! You are a lucky bastard.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    jms said:

I've got Predator vs Chicago tickets tomorrow. Alabama vs Tennessee college football tickets for Saturday and Browns vs Titans tickets for Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the first two.

That's funny. At least you should see 2 good games and then something on Sunday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

jms said:

That's what I'm talking about. So fucking cheap! You are a lucky bastard.

I also bought 25 for a Winnepeg game the day after thanksgiving and they were less than $50 and they gave me 10 free ones to the Stars game Tuesday night.

Everybody I go to the games with always talks about how they wish it was more popular in Nashville. I always ask why. It in the sweet spot for avg fan here right now. Popular enough that you can sell your tickets and make a couple bucks if you can't go but not so popular I'm paying $150 like I did at MSG a few years back.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

PJ_Soul said:

Sorry, bad joke.
    Is that for a decent seat? Damn, hockey tickets are so pricey here. Want to sit lower bowl? Gonna cost you!
    Yeah, Blackhawks tickets are insane too. Luckily I have a couple friends with season tickets so I get to a few games per year for face value....but even that is $70-80 to sit way up top. Pretty sure lower bowl is at least $150 face at this point. And if you want to buy on stubhub??? Paying ridiculous prices.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Sorry, bad joke.
    Yeah, Blackhawks tickets are insane too. Luckily I have a couple friends with season tickets so I get to a few games per year for face value....but even that is $70-80 to sit way up top. Pretty sure lower bowl is at least $150 face at this point. And if you want to buy on stubhub??? Paying ridiculous prices.
    150 for lower bowl? It's like 250 for upper bowl in Toronto lol