on AET tonite, Tim said it's "Sold Out, FOR GOOD...no plans for anymore"
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    pjradio wrote:

Too bad, would have been nice to have a heads up on that one!
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    AzWicker wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

they said stock was limited, how much of a heads up did you want?
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    Another example of them not producing enough of an item they know will have a very high demand. I just really don't get it. If it's cost prohibitive to produce an adequate number of something, then don't do it. Now these things will be on this forum and on ebay selling for 4 times what they initially cost.

To me this is just not fair to your fans. You know you have rabid fans who buy anything (see the $70 Blu-ray of PJ20) and then you go and sell an item with a quantity of less than 25% of what your demand will be and then just kinda shrug when the other 75% who wanted it have to shell out big bucks to get it.

This is not an item that I wanted, but I feel for those who didn't get the opportunity to get it. I never get the Ten Club emails until well after the sales start and usually I miss out on some things that I wanted.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Another example of them not producing enough of an item they know will have a very high demand. I just really don't get it. If it's cost prohibitive to produce an adequate number of something, then don't do it. Now these things will be on this forum and on ebay selling for 4 times what they initially cost.

To me this is just not fair to your fans. You know you have rabid fans who buy anything (see the $70 Blu-ray of PJ20) and then you go and sell an item with a quantity of less than 25% of what your demand will be and then just kinda shrug when the other 75% who wanted it have to shell out big bucks to get it.

This is not an item that I wanted, but I feel for those who didn't get the opportunity to get it. I never get the Ten Club emails until well after the sales start and usually I miss out on some things that I wanted.
    There are a number of reasons I don't understand it that are all related.

An item like this will clearly sell in large quantities to die-hard fans. Economies of scale suggest that larger orders placed to Patagonia by Ten Club will result in lower costs for them. No obligation to change the price to the consumers (us) based on their stock on hand + the lower costs mentioned previously means greater net profit for Ten Club, plus greater customer satisfaction (by actually being able to get this product), and getting Pearl Jam even more exposure since a PJ branded backpack is a walking advertisement. Greater net profit per unit plus increased sales quantities means greater overall revenue.

Alternatively, smaller orders placed by Ten Club means lower revenue, upset customers, and 'product scalpers' making a big buck off of true fans. All for what? And I mean that question honestly - I have absolutely no clue why products are made in such limited runs in this band.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    You know I'm usually on the side of create enough supply to accomodate demand but if you think about it offering limited quantity of certain products ensures that demand remains high for future products, ensures that future products continue to sell, and also keeps interest high. Having collectables like this every once in a while generates interests in and out of the PJ community. Putting emotions aside, it is actually smart business practice. Remember not all items they offer are limited...
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    It wouldn't matter what the product is, as long as its listed as 'limited' people on here will go nuts for it. Its true.

If you think about it though, how many of these backpacks got made do you think? On average, how many people are usually on here at once? 100? 200? 300? It says the most people ever on here at once is 1608 and that was when PJ20 tickets went on sale. There can only be 100 of these backpacks made I reckon, the numbers won't be very high at all.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Awesome! Feels good to finally get a rare PJ item after I missed out on the laptop bag years ago..
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Awesome! Feels good to finally get a rare PJ item after I missed out on the laptop bag years ago..

....read my mind
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Maybe they'll come out with a fanny pack, thereby starting a new accessory rage.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Maybe they'll come out with a fanny pack, thereby starting a new accessory rage.

as long as the fanny pack has a keyring on it, you can count me in. no keyring....no thanks! :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I wanted this but am certainly not gonna sweat it...so what?! I think I and all of us who didn't score will live on...hopefully with happy and productive lives
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    It's not gone for good. Somehow there is 1 on the auction site already. They only want $475 for it! :evil: How do these people get away with this? :?:
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    kramer73 wrote:
    AzWicker wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

they said stock was limited, how much of a heads up did you want?

There is limited stock stuff still in the goods section for 5 years and then there is limited stock stuff that lasts 48 seconds in the goods section...
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    why does anyone give a shit about a backpack that happens to say PJ20 on it. get a PJ20 patch and put it on your own backpack!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014