Options

Detroit Tigers

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Leyland set to retire ... announcement at 11:30

According to local sports talk radio top 2 candidates to replace Leyland are Tony Larussa and Kirk Gibson (Gibby), gibby intrigues me ... how nice would it be for him to manage them to WS title next year 30 years after their last title in which he was part of.

Shit - 30 years! I am old! I was at Game 4 of the 1984 world series! :D Can't believe it has been 30 years...
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jlaustin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Leyland set to retire ... announcement at 11:30

According to local sports talk radio top 2 candidates to replace Leyland are Tony Larussa and Kirk Gibson (Gibby), gibby intrigues me ... how nice would it be for him to manage them to WS title next year 30 years after their last title in which he was part of.

Shit - 30 years! I am old! I was at Game 4 of the 1984 world series! :D Can't believe it has been 30 years...

I know ... 30 years is to long. I would love gibby as manager.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Kinda glad my head was exploding at Brooklyn night 2 instead of in front of a tv... :?
    Very disappointed with the final outcome of the season but will remain hopeful for next year.
    I personally loved Leyland as a manager. It's hard to second guess game to game decisions
    when he only had one season under .500 and got us two pennants. I blame the players for not
    showing up in 2006 and 2012. That said, I'd love it if Gibby came back. ;) Looking forward to
    seeing how all this plays out.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    From what I've read gibby will not be leaving AZ ... I guess I was just hoping ... Personally I'm glad he's gone, he coached a team in one of the weakest division with one of the highest payrolls in the league ... So better results should have been achieved. I expected a WS title after getting hunter and Martinez and with that tremendous starting rotation more should have been achieved. This team underachieved ... IMO ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    I'd like to see Manny Acta hired. He did we'll with what he had to work with in Cleveland.

He's younger and can relate to the Latin players
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me that the manager is somebody we never thought of. I would like to somebody younger. I also would like to see a trade(s) to bring more bullpen depth and a everyday left fielder with speed. I do not feel this current team can win a WS. We need more speed, our lack of speed really showed in the Boston series.

Peralta, Fielder and Martinez need to be replaced. The lineup I'd like to see next year is ...

1. New lead off hitter who strikes out less

2. Infante (if resigned)

3. New left Fielder with power

4. Cabrera

5. Hunter

6. Fielder ( because he is untradeable)

7. Jackson

8. Avilia

9. Iglesias

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    04/06/2015!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    bump.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12