2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    buck_mcarver_medium.jpg
    Idiots... :fp:

I know! What's up with those two? McCarver (and Buck) are still bitter about the '68 World Series. :lol:

We have tickets for games 3, 4, and 5 (if necessary ;) ), but I am exhausted from the Pitt/Buff trip, so hubby is going with friends. Might go to game 5. Wish we could get a weekend playoff game for once.

Scherzer is a beast! Love him! Miggy seems to be moving a little better.

Go Tigers!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    Holy Fuck!
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    :fp: Good grief...
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    let`s throw a meatball down the middle to Ortiz with the bases loaded

it`s not like he`s clutch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Tigers bullpen sucks ... No doubt about it. Unfortunately Johnny's now out of the game.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Nice job fielder, he's gotta make that catch ... He's Detroits Arod.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol:

I am sure 4 years from now that contract will be an albatross
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    not too often you can see a team completely give away a game, brutal
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol:

I am sure 4 years from now that contract will be an albatross

I think that contract already is an albatross ... his postseason number are not good. And your right they completely blew this game. Having a chance to go home up 2-0.

• Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    A golden opportunity to come home up 2-0 wasted. Last night was brutal. I shaved my playoff beard this morning so I didn't at all resemble the morons in boston.

That being said, the Tigers have dominated all but 2 innings so far this series and got the split at that freaking dump of a ball park where crazy stuff always happens.

The bullpen was a dumpster fire last night, but pitched great in game 1 as well as the Oakland series for the most part.

The tigers are the better team IMO. I'll be at Comerica the next 3 days cheering them on. GO TIGERS!!!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Yeah, I still Like there chances ... Verlander tomorrow ... and he resembles the old Verlander. Cabrera seems to be moving better. The bullpen been the weak spot all season.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Yeah, I still Like there chances ... Verlander tomorrow ... and he resembles the old Verlander. Cabrera seems to be moving better. The bullpen been the weak spot all season.

It's usually a matter of whether we see good AlAl or bad AlAl. If the good one is there, then we're in business. For the most part, i'm pretty confident in Smyly and Benoit. Veras scares me most outings.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

It's usually a matter of whether we see good AlAl or bad AlAl. If the good one is there, then we're in business. For the most part, i'm pretty confident in Smyly and Benoit. Veras scares me most outings.

I feel the Tigers 2 biggest weak spots ... the bullpen and Leyland, I'm not a Leyland fan, he needs to quit treating these starting pitchers like princess's, Scherzer had quick 7th and only thrown a 108 pitches ... would have been nice to see him out for the 8th and if he has a quick 8th bring him out for the 9th ... after all he was clearly their best player and the sox couldn't touch him. And Feilder what a freaking joke, Iglesius probably shouldn't have thrown over to first in the 9th but use your big body to stop that and then that foul pop up, seriously, he has to make that play. If your not hitting your D should be solid ... he's ridiculous and only 7 more years left on that contract :lol::lol:

• Options
    Think 7 runs are enough?

WTF?

:lol:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    That bullpen scares me ... Benoit :lol::lol::lol: ... he better pitch better. I liked the lineup move. wouldn't have a problem seeing princess ride the pine for a while ... what a joke ... Arod 2.0, I'm sure Dirks, Kelly or Johhny could play first base and maybe Dirks or Kelly could more.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    That bullpen scares me ... Benoit :lol::lol::lol: ... he better pitch better. I liked the lineup move. wouldn't have a problem seeing princess ride the pine for a while ... what a joke ... Arod 2.0, I'm sure Dirks, Kelly or Johhny could play first base and maybe Dirks or Kelly could more.

Well, at least he struck out the side (or was it just 2) after putting two on! Buck and McCarver thought that should be a nice confidence builder for him! :lol:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    jlaustin wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well, at least he struck out the side (or was it just 2) after putting two on! Buck and McCarver thought that should be a nice confidence builder for him! :lol:

The 2 he put on were hit hard, a double and a triple, our own Jim Price thinks Benoit is a concern right now ... I agree.

Anyways I think Sanchez will pitch well and hoping he goes 7 strong and our bats scratch and claw at least 4 runs ...

• Options
    What a catch by Iglesias!

What is up with the Tigers' third base coaches? Didn't think anyone could be worse than Lamont, Brookens is giving him a run for his money. :evil:
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    jlaustin wrote:
    What a catch by Iglesias!

What is up with the Tigers' third base coaches? Didn't think anyone could be worse than Lamont, Brookens is giving him a run for his money. :evil:

Have to agree about the third base coach ...

Really comes down to so many missed opportunities ...

But we have Max and Verlander on the weekend ... so its not over yet

Just have grown tired of princess (arod 2.0), only 7 more years left on that contract :evil:

• Options
    Well ... Are other Tiger fans disappointed? I am, I thought with the addition of Hunter and getting Martinez back from injury this team would at least get to the world and have a strong shot at winning.

Any changes you'd like to see?

The changes I'd like to see are:

-Leyland gone, not a fan of his ... Too me he's to stubborn, leaving prince batting behind Cabrera when Martinez was a much better option convinced me.

-trade Fielder ... I know it's a pipe dream, doubt any team would touch that contract :lol:

-upgrade left field

-this goes without saying .... A better closer and a better bullpen overall

-more bench depth

To make the necessary changes they will have to trade 1 or 2 big names .... Quite possibly look at trading Sherzer ... they will get max value in a trade situation, and of course if fielder could be dealt just to free up 23 million.

I think without big changes they'll make the playoffs again but fall short in the post season.

• Options
    Very frustrated and disappointed with the team.

I'm for the most part, a Leyland supporter. Not sure if it's time for him to go or not. I wouldn't be opposed if there's a good replacement option, but don't want to let him go just for the sake of letting him go. I think he's a great mgr regarding clubhouse/being a players mgr.

I wonder what's going to happen with Scherzer. I'd hate to see him go, but if we can get a haul, it's hard to argue if we won't be able to pay him after 2014. We'd have to get prospects AND an immediate starter (SP or LF)

I'd love to sign Choo for LF.

THis team needs to be shook up a bit or I'm afraid you're right. They'll make the playoffs again and disappoint.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Nice series Detroit. I maintained that the Sox and Tigers were the two best teams in MLB this year, and nothing from this series changes that.

With a healthy Cabrera and you would probably be going to the show and the Sox going home.

Now if the Sox don't beat the Cards, then I will stand corrected, and the Sox and Tigers will have to be content with being the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league this year.

But I like our chances.

GO SOX!!!
  • Options
    Very frustrated and disappointed with the team.

I'm for the most part, a Leyland supporter. Not sure if it's time for him to go or not. I wouldn't be opposed if there's a good replacement option, but don't want to let him go just for the sake of letting him go. I think he's a great mgr regarding clubhouse/being a players mgr.

I wonder what's going to happen with Scherzer. I'd hate to see him go, but if we can get a haul, it's hard to argue if we won't be able to pay him after 2014. We'd have to get prospects AND an immediate starter (SP or LF)

I'd love to sign Choo for LF.

THis team needs to be shook up a bit or I'm afraid you're right. They'll make the playoffs again and disappoint.

I know a lot like Leyland ... I think it's time for change, I don't like the treating these guys with kid gloves especially Fielder ... He needed to be dropped in the lineup and never understood why a banged Avilia was batting anywhere but ninth yesterday ... I am a true believer that sometimes certain managers can only take a team so far, I think Leyland is at that point, if he's back I don't see much changing next year.

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Nice series Detroit. I maintained that the Sox and Tigers were the two best teams in MLB this year, and nothing from this series changes that.

With a healthy Cabrera and you would probably be going to the show and the Sox going home.

Now if the Sox don't beat the Cards, then I will stand corrected, and the Sox and Tigers will have to be content with being the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the league this year.

But I like our chances.

GO SOX!!!

The Sox are a terrific team, very good bullpen, solid lineup, good starting pitching. Good luck in the series.

• Options
    Leyland set to retire ... announcement at 11:30

According to local sports talk radio top 2 candidates to replace Leyland are Tony Larussa and Kirk Gibson (Gibby), gibby intrigues me ... how nice would it be for him to manage them to WS title next year 30 years after their last title in which he was part of.

• Options
    I think Leyland is a very classy man. I like how he often cried for his team and the fans, showing the faithful fans how much we were appreciated. (But I am a woman, so I could be in the minority with this opinion! :lol: ) He was too loyal to players, but Gibson is an interesting choice - maybe a good combination between comaraderie and hard ass. I think the more important thing to do this offseason is to get some relievers (obviously!). No amount of managing can overcome that bullpen we currently have - talking to you Dombroski! I want Coke and Alberquerque gone, probably Veras, too. Benoit should be 8th inning guy. I agree that Prince should be moved down the line-up - willing to give him some more time (it's not my money! :lol: ) How about some speed as well?

Thanks, Jim - even though you often left me scratching my head, you are a good man.
    2015 Central Park