Options

Detroit Tigers

Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I can't believe the Tigers are doing so well this season and nobody has started a thread...

Problem solved!
MLMF Det
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    That's okay. Let them fly under the radar.
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• Options
    Great year, Verlander will win the Cy Young maybe even the MVP. Don't forget Papa Grande !!
  • Options
    I'll admit I was skeptical if they'd even make it to the post season again, after some of their early/mid season breakdowns. Verlander is a monster(as I have said before) and between Fister and Papa Grande I'll put our pitchers against any team. Not to mention V.Mart and Peralta helping out around Cabrera. They look like they have a strong shot at this to me! Gotta play the games, but I like our chances.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    This was a good season for the Tigers...lets hope they build upon this season.

I'd like to see...

-Young back
    -upgrade the 4th and 5th starters and if Sherz don't can't get his era down the upgrade him at 3 and drop him down.
    -a much better leadoff hitter
    -a little more bullpen depth
    -more speed
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This was a good season for the Tigers...lets hope they build upon this season.

I'd like to see...

-Young back
    -upgrade the 4th and 5th starters and if Sherz don't can't get his era down the upgrade him at 3 and drop him down.
    -a much better leadoff hitter
    -a little more bullpen depth
    -more speed
    amen
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Bryce2006 wrote:
    Great year, Verlander will win the Cy Young maybe even the MVP. Don't forget Papa Grande !!
    Nice...Didn't realize I got a 12+ year member to post for only the 2nd time! :o
    Welcome Bryce! :D
    To bad the Tigs couldn't pull through all their injuries...Next year!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    really looking forward next year. i think they are willing to spend some money this off season. also looking forward to having boesch back.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    when al albuquerque gets the call to pitch, do they play this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1765UzjAQxI#t=1m33s
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

Only if they play it in its entirety. :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Nothin' like some inactivity on a thread... :?

Opinions on Fielder coming to the team?
    Cabrera moving to third?
    Batting lineup?
    97.1 opinions?
    Anything?
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    My first mlb game....tiger stadium.

My first naked streaker? Tiger stadium.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Nothin' like some inactivity on a thread... :?

Opinions on Fielder coming to the team?
    Cabrera moving to third?
    Batting lineup?
    97.1 opinions?
    Anything?

it's going to be an interesting year. have you seen pictures of cabrera as of late? he looks to be in great shape, alot of weight loss. not so sure about the move to third. we'll see what happens i guess. he has some experience from earlier in his career at third. looking forwrd to having boesch back. also looking forward to watching fister for the whole year. summer shandy at comerica, i can't wait! ect. ect.
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqqaIQam8l0
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    going to be a great year indeed.. I hope Cabrera has lost weight and is committed to playing third.. He needs to be in good shape or he is going to get eaten alive over there. Plus, I hope Santiago gets a chance to be our main Second Baseman. I think his play at the end of the season last year more than earned him the right.. I also hope we get another solid Left-handed pitcher (I have been wishing this for a while) all in all, Leyland will make it work and I expect more post-season play this year..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    With Fielder and Cabrera we should put up plenty of runs. I don't have a problem with Cabrera at 3rd. Inge is a great fielder but not a good bat any more. I see the top of the order as Jackson, Young, Cabrera, Fielder, Boesh...not sure about the back end of the line up.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    With Fielder and Cabrera we should put up plenty of runs. I don't have a problem with Cabrera at 3rd. Inge is a great fielder but not a good bat any more. I see the top of the order as Jackson, Young, Cabrera, Fielder, Boesh...not sure about the back end of the line up.

with a rotating DH depending on opp. pitching, a line-up:

1) Jackson CF
    2) Boesch RF
    3) Cabrera 3B
    4) Fielder 1B
    5) Young LF
    6) Rayburn DH
    7) Avila C
    8) Peralta SS
    9) Santiago 2B

Pretty potent.. considering you have a .300 hitter in the 7 and 8 spot

And Rayburn can play 2B or outfield (which can make me cringe at times) free-ing Young or Boesch at DH
    And against Left-handed pitching, put Inge at third and let Cabrera DH..
    And Don Kelly at third against right handed pitching when Cabrera needs a break from 3rd
    Cabrera at 1st, Dh Fielder, and play Kelly or Inge at third

What a pleasant nightmare to consider our line-up :D .. the possibility for success seems endless! well, better than recent history anyway..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

with a rotating DH depending on opp. pitching, a line-up:

1) Jackson CF
    2) Boesch RF
    3) Cabrera 3B
    4) Fielder 1B
    5) Young LF
    6) Rayburn DH
    7) Avila C
    8) Peralta SS
    9) Santiago 2B

Pretty potent.. considering you have a .300 hitter in the 7 and 8 spot

And Rayburn can play 2B or outfield (which can make me cringe at times) free-ing Young or Boesch at DH
    And against Left-handed pitching, put Inge at third and let Cabrera DH..
    And Don Kelly at third against right handed pitching when Cabrera needs a break from 3rd
    Cabrera at 1st, Dh Fielder, and play Kelly or Inge at third

What a pleasant nightmare to consider our line-up :D .. the possibility for success seems endless! well, better than recent history anyway..
    Not to mention the fact that Martinez is still gonna be back at some point. Not this year but can you imagine this same lineup with his bat in it too? :shock:

Cabrera looks like he's serious about this move to third. I'll take a little less mobility at the hot corner for the lineup Leyland has to work with. :mrgreen:

I heard Valenti and Foster talking about Inge being on his way out...Don't think you can just let him go with that kind of money on the table though. Don't see many teams breakin' the door down for him either.
    Dumbrowski also said that they have already sold more season tickets for the upcoming season than all of last year's season tickets combined....Awesome. I love seeing a full park down there. :D
    Gonna be a crazy season.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    These boys are just CRUSHING the ball today! :mrgreen:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Chief...I think we'll see a lot of this in 2012...probably best 3-4 hitters in baseball...plus best starter in baseball and maybe best 1-2 starters (hope Fister was more precautionary).

Should be fun year...could win division by double digits.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• Options
    :lol:8-):clap: :thumbup: :-D
  • Options
    I wish Fister had lasted a little longer(That guy is on my fantasy team...)... As long as the bats are working like this, It doesn't seem to be an immediate problem. 8-) Love it.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    I wish Fister had lasted a little longer(That guy is on my fantasy team...)... As long as the bats are working like this, It doesn't seem to be an immediate problem. 8-) Love it.

....Below looks good.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Was at today's game and opening day. Nothing like stomping the Red Sux to start the season.

Fister on 15 day DL. Wonder if Below will fill in.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Man.. the boys are looking damn good so far.. I hope Jackson can keep on hitting.. got a great feeling about this year..
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Man.. the boys are looking damn good so far.. I hope Jackson can keep on hitting.. got a great feeling about this year..
    :mrgreen: You and me both.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    These tigers are going to be fun to watch this year. They will be giving opposing pitchers nightmares this year. I can see Cabrera winning the HR and RBI title this year...can he lead the league in BA? Probably my biggest concern going into this year was Scherzer...and still a big concern, we need consistency from the number 3 starter, I hope today was just 1 of those days.

But great start to the season.

• Options
    Unbelievable!!!! Let's take this momentum into the Rays series. F'ing love Avila!!!

Can't wait to listen to MLB radio tomorrrow and listen to the Red Sux callers on the ledge.
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    What a game today, cant wait to get to Comerica park. Keep pitching to Cabrera...
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Danny Worth's walk up song is Breakerfall. He just gained about 50 points in my book.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Danny Worth's walk up song is Breakerfall. He just gained about 50 points in my book.
    He was tweeting asking for opinions on walk up songs a few weeks ago. That was one of his choices. Can't wait to hear it at the park now.

Sucks that all of this weeks games are day games.