Options

worst NFL announcers

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth hands-down. UGH. If the Packers are playing on a Sunday night I'll flip on the radio and listen to Wayne Larrivee instead.

Nobody is happier than I am that John Madden finally hung up his mic - what would he even talk about now that Favre's finally gone?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    I hate Chris Collinsworth, I rarely watch the Sunday night game b/c his voice.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Phil Simms is far and away the worst in my book.

I know he's not an announcer but Shannon Sharpe on the pre-game show sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Just awful. He was a great player, leave it at that.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Collingsworth is smart, I like what he says, but he has such a smarmy voice it can get annoying.

That's a good way to put it...it's not that I think he's an idiot, the way he talks irks me badly.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Joe Buck and Chris Collinsworth hands-down. UGH. If the Packers are playing on a Sunday night I'll flip on the radio and listen to Wayne Larrivee instead.

Nobody is happier than I am that John Madden finally hung up his mic - what would he even talk about now that Favre's finally gone?!

He would talk about turducken then without Favre. :D

john-madden-quote.jpg
  • Options
    I don't get how anybody would want Pat Summerall back. Maybe he reminds you of your youth which is nice but my god he was a fucking bore.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    DS1119 wrote:

He would talk about turducken then without Favre. :D

john-madden-quote.jpg

:lol:

JM: Hey I'm lobbying to change the numerical system, it should be one, two, three, Favre, etc.!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,370
    I don't get how anybody would want Pat Summerall back. Maybe he reminds you of your youth which is nice but my god he was a fucking bore.

Maybe I miss the late 80s/early 90s guy. He wasn't as good later on. It just sounded like an NFC East football game when he was announcing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

Maybe I miss the late 80s/early 90s guy. He wasn't as good later on. It just sounded like an NFC East football game when he was announcing.

he was solid until he got old. his last 5 years or so were pretty bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I miss Madden - he would make me laugh

boom-boom-foom-poom-he-just-ran-right-at-em-thumb.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I am okay as I don't have to hear Dick Enberg......blah....BTW, Chucky rules!!!!! :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Nobody has mentioned Matt Millen yet so I will. When he was doing the Thursday night games on NFL Network, it was torture listening to him. This was after he was let go for the wonderful job he did with the Lions.

Also, I can't stand Simms. He is so biased when it comes to the teams he favors (usually the Patriots or Jets).
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  • Options
    i can't stand Millen now...yet, like many, i enjoyed him before he went to the Lions.

he was also doing college games last fall. he did like half the buckeyes games. :? :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Gus Johnson should be the lead play by play guy on Fox.

I forgot that he's not on CBS anymore. Is he doing any NFL games at all this year? I thought I remember hearing something about him doing a few games for FOX...

He's the, like, 6th play-by-play guy for Fox. Coming soon to the next Seahawks-Cardinals game near you. :roll:

no he's not. he's their lead play by play man for college football. he's only supposed to do a handful of nfl games after college is done.

on cbs he was always relegated to the smaller market games but was just real popular.

he was in the running to be nfl networks play by play guy for thursday night football but they went with someone else...which sucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brian baldinger should still be on fox.

fox has a lot of scrub announcers/commentators. tony siragusa is towards the top of my list.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Colinsworth just has that face that makes me want to punch him really hard. Of the current him and Simms are on my list of jackoffs. Theisman will always be number one. Ahhh his clear biased opinion, the way he would of thrown a better pass and avoided that rusher like he did with L.T oh wait nevermind. He was a complete jackoff and i'm glad i dont get NFLN so i dont have to listen to him.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    brian baldinger should still be on fox.

fox has a lot of scrub announcers/commentators. tony siragusa is towards the top of my list.

Siragusa is useless.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    tony siragusa is towards the top of my list.

at the top of my worst list.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I am impressed by the guy that does the NFL Redzone. He is not really a play by play announcer, but he does that all day long. Not sure if he takes a lot of caffiene or what. I will watch for a while, leave to do something, come back hours later and he is still at it.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I am impressed by the guy that does the NFL Redzone. He is not really a play by play announcer, but he does that all day long. Not sure if he takes a lot of caffiene or what. I will watch for a while, leave to do something, come back hours later and he is still at it.

That guy must wear a diaper or something.

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That guy must wear a diaper or something.

haha! true. I think I like him because he really doesn't say anything other than set up what we are seeing. A lot of commentators are just blabbing non-stop to fill in what would be dead air.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    haha! true. I think I like him because he really doesn't say anything other than set up what we are seeing. A lot of commentators are just blabbing non-stop to fill in what would be dead air.

Yeah he's really good at not giving away the upcoming pick six, even though it already happened.

And he has a really good feel for what people want to see, with close games and with fantasy implications. I practically zone out watching that channel. Haha - "zone" out. See what I did? :geek:

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    youngster wrote:

I know he's not an announcer but Shannon Sharpe on the pre-game show sounds like he has marbles in his mouth. Just awful. He was a great player, leave it at that.
    the list of terrible in-studio guys is long, indeed....and sharpe is definitely on it.

siragusa must have a mob connection. how else would he keep his gig?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Yeah he's really good at not giving away the upcoming pick six, even though it already happened.

That's a big pet peeve of mine with Sportscenter. Either the results are posted on the bar along the side of the screen or they lead off the highlight or disclose pretty early who won. The sidebar thing doesn't bother me as much as I can just ignore it, but then I actually have to watch a horrible douchebag such as Neil Everett.

Somebody plz tell Stuart Scott to fix his glasses, too. It makes his bad eye look alot worse.

I'd like to add Chris Berman and Chris Carter to the list of shitty pre/post game analysts. Berman had it once upon a time, but his schtick is long past due for an overhaul. "THEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAIIDAS!!!" Godamnit, just shut the fuck up and get over yourself.
    Carter....I'd like to kick him in the sack anytime anybody says "Come on man!" He's not as bad when he's on Mike & Mike since he has to spread it out over 4 hours.

I'm surprised no mentions of Gruden and Jaws.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I think they're decent.

• Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

And he has a really good feel for what people want to see, with close games and with fantasy implications. I practically zone out watching that channel. Haha - "zone" out. See what I did? :geek:

scott hansen. he used to be comcast sports net. never liked him when he was here. but he does a phenomenal job with the redzone.

we DO NOT TAKE COMMERICALS ON NFL REDZONE! :lol::lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    we DO NOT TAKE COMMERICALS ON NFL REDZONE! :lol::lol:

Yeah that cracks me up.

"WE DON'T DO COMMERCIALS ON THE RED ZONE!!!"

• Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

That's a big pet peeve of mine with Sportscenter. Either the results are posted on the bar along the side of the screen or they lead off the highlight or disclose pretty early who won. The sidebar thing doesn't bother me as much as I can just ignore it, but then I actually have to watch a horrible douchebag such as Neil Everett.

Somebody plz tell Stuart Scott to fix his glasses, too. It makes his bad eye look alot worse.

I'd like to add Chris Berman and Chris Carter to the list of shitty pre/post game analysts. Berman had it once upon a time, but his schtick is long past due for an overhaul. "THEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAIIDAS!!!" Godamnit, just shut the fuck up and get over yourself.
    Carter....I'd like to kick him in the sack anytime anybody says "Come on man!" He's not as bad when he's on Mike & Mike since he has to spread it out over 4 hours.

i hate that dam side bar they have started using this season...

and i hate all the studio shows, regardless of network. they all blow. espn, cbs, abc, fox, nbc...fuck em all. i hate pregame, halftime and postgame shows. hate em all.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i concur with berman and chris carter.

an nfl studio show doesn't need to be 2 hours. one hour is pushing it......and you do not need a minimum of 10 people participating in the show. :x

give me brent, irv, and jimmy the greek any day of the over these bozos.

...for betting and fantasy purposes, i don't even watch them. get all my info from various websites.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i concur with berman and chris carter.

an nfl studio show doesn't need to be 2 hours. one hour is pushing it......and you do not need a minimum of 10 people participating in the show. :x

give me brent, irv, and jimmy the greek any day of the over these bozos.

...for betting and fantasy purposes, i don't even watch them. get all my info from various websites.

didn't ESPn go to three hours this season. :lol:

shut the fuck up and give me the game. fuck.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg