The vault CD #1

GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
edited September 2011 in Lost Dogs
Since this was a piece of merch that was give out to 10C members at the time they picked up the tickets. It would seem to me that selling/auctioning these would consitute a violation of the rules...

Any thoughts?
"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i didn't see a not for resale sticker on them.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • tottototto Posts: 291
    the cd cost me $330, the show was free. I think we are ok if we don't sell it for more than $330.
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    i didn't see a not for resale sticker on them.

Yeah, but the people on Ebay are ripping us off for the CD!! CD's going for over $100 each. Not fair...
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • i didn't see a not for resale sticker on them.

Yeah, but the people on Ebay are ripping us off for the CD!! CD's going for over $100 each. Not fair...
    how does that happen? how is everything marked up so much? the ames bro poster with mookie on it was sold for 20$, its resale is like 600$ wtf? who is paying this?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    1) who's paying these high prices? Dopes with cash
    2) patience. It's numbered. They'll be available. Maybe not this week, or this month but we'll have a chance to buy these.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622

how does that happen? how is everything marked up so much? the ames bro poster with mookie on it was sold for 20$, its resale is like 600$ wtf? who is paying this?

Yeah, sarcastic comment there, can't believe what people are paying for it!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • I'd love to have one. I don't have one. I can't afford to pay eBay prices. But there's nothing unfair about it. how many people on here sell records by this band for way more than they paid initially? I don't see anyone here selling Benny for $40.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I'm pretty sure that PJ band members would not like for any of their stuff to be sold for more then what it was sold for! Im sure they'd be pissed!!! IdK I'm just saying that's not what they stand for??
  • afd2036 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that PJ band members would not like for any of their stuff to be sold for more then what it was sold for! Im sure they'd be pissed!!! IdK I'm just saying that's not what they stand for??

if they cared, they wouldn't give out limited edition items such as this. they know full well there are going to be a thousand flippers out there that don't give a rats ass about keeping this cd.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • tottototto Posts: 291
    I'd love to have one. I don't have one. I can't afford to pay eBay prices. But there's nothing unfair about it. how many people on here sell records by this band for way more than they paid initially? I don't see anyone here selling Benny for $40.

great point
    Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

Is there a difference between people buying 8 posters and people throwing this cd on ebay?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    afd2036 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that PJ band members would not like for any of their stuff to be sold for more then what it was sold for! Im sure they'd be pissed!!! IdK I'm just saying that's not what they stand for??

if they cared, they wouldn't give out limited edition items such as this. they know full well there are going to be a thousand flippers out there that don't give a rats ass about keeping this cd.

My sentiments exactly. I've often wondered how this band can go to so much trouble to make sure tickets to its shows are not resold for more than face value, or resold at all, in the case of the fan club tickets, but they have no problem only making 2000 of something, selling it for $35, and then watching it re-sell for $800 a few years later. Or not keeping their vinyl in print so an album that would normally cost $20 is being sold for $150.
    I'd love to have one of these vault CDs but I'm not going to pay $100 for what is probably a burned CD-R. If they end up selling it through the Ten Club for a reasonable price, I might pick one up, but until then I'll just listen to an audience recording of this show.
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Just give it time, people. It's disappointing they cut out the "lights Josh" comment and Baba.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    It's not a cdr right? It's a pressed cd I thought?
  • yes it pressed.
    pdalowsky wrote:
    It's not a cdr right? It's a pressed cd I thought?
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    give it a few months ..they will be $30 tops...they made 1000 of these cds they are not rare.

If it turns out they only made 1000 of them, then it will be VERY rare. That would mean not everyone who attended the Alpine Valley show received one. This would become as rare as the Orange Fixer vinyl; more rare than the Benaroya Hall vinyl.

I have a feeling they just advance-released the boot to people attending. If not, then it's a cool momento for those who were actually able to attend.
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Remember, it wasn't handed out to all that attended, or even all that filled 10C seats. It was one per account.

I was there, in a 10C, but I did not get one. Although, my PJ20 buddy and I must have listened to that boot 30 times over the course of the weekend!
  • afd2036 wrote:

My sentiments exactly. I've often wondered how this band can go to so much trouble to make sure tickets to its shows are not resold for more than face value, or resold at all, in the case of the fan club tickets, but they have no problem only making 2000 of something, selling it for $35, and then watching it re-sell for $800 a few years later. Or not keeping their vinyl in print so an album that would normally cost $20 is being sold for $150.

Does this look familiar

Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit's trading forum. Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

No flipping* posters, or selling illegal items such as illegal bootlegs from bootleggers, homemade CDs and DVDs, items purchased marked "not for resale", etc.

No auctions are allowed. Links to yours or others' eBay auctions or stores are not ok.

Please see the Posting Guidelines and Ten Club rules to be sure you are in compliance with all site rules/legalities.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=91525
    http://www.pearljam.com/content/legal-disclaimer

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    I'd love to have one. I don't have one. I can't afford to pay eBay prices. But there's nothing unfair about it. how many people on here sell records by this band for way more than they paid initially? I don't see anyone here selling Benny for $40.

Hilarious, and fucking true!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • give it a few months ..they will be $30 tops...they made 1000 of these cds they are not rare.

If it turns out they only made 1000 of them, then it will be VERY rare. That would mean not everyone who attended the Alpine Valley show received one. This would become as rare as the Orange Fixer vinyl; more rare than the Benaroya Hall vinyl.

I have a feeling they just advance-released the boot to people attending. If not, then it's a cool momento for those who were actually able to attend.

opps missed the 's off 1000 i was 1000's...they had boxs of them..
    afd2036 wrote:

Does this look familiar

Welcome to the Pearl Jam Message Pit's trading forum. Please remember that the spirit of the policy here is meant to keep the trading activities on a fan-to-fan and personal basis, not to create a side business.

You can trade and set a reasonable price here for Pearl Jam memorabilia as long as the item is not available elsewhere on the site.

No flipping* posters, or selling illegal items such as illegal bootlegs from bootleggers, homemade CDs and DVDs, items purchased marked "not for resale", etc.

No auctions are allowed. Links to yours or others' eBay auctions or stores are not ok.

Please see the Posting Guidelines and Ten Club rules to be sure you are in compliance with all site rules/legalities.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=91525
    http://www.pearljam.com/content/legal-disclaimer

* Flipping is buying items (from Ten Club or merch booth, etc.) with the intent to resell for a profit.

They can post these rules all they want but I don't see them shutting down the threads on here where someone is selling a Benny Hall vinyl for $600-$800. I don't know about you, but I don't think that constitutes a "reasonable price" for an item that was originally sold for $35. And posters are sold on here all the time for way more than what they cost at the show and the Ten Club has no idea who bought the posters so I don't see the relevance of the flipping thing and again they aren't shutting down these sales or the ones where the band's studio albums on vinyl are being sold for $150 when they were originally sold for $20.
  • I see what your saying, sucks but true
  • The Vault Number 1 CD will be released here. Just give it time. Half the band's staff are on tour for starters! I'd like to thank our kid Barb for sending me a JA disc. She is a legend and has filled a gap in my collection. :D
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • The Vault Number 1 CD will be released here. Just give it time. Half the band's staff are on tour for starters! I'd like to thank our kid Barb for sending me a JA disc. She is a legend and has filled a gap in my collection. :D

Yup, give it time. TIm said yesterday on AET that it will be available to everyone. Just got to give it time. The JA disc, however, is something only given out at the show and is part of something larger that will be put out in the future.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain