Options

Herman Cain 9/11 Video

Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
edited September 2011 in A Moving Train
Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -WTFA2vXY#!

Speechless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    exploiting 9-11 ... classic GOP agenda ... :(
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    What exactly is the problem..possibly showing off his talents as a singer?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Yeah!!! He should just ignore it happened!!! I mean, as a presidential candidate, you better ignore it happened otherwise you are exploiting it!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    I dislike Hermain Cain, and have no problem with this.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Really? Video of the planes crashing into the towers while he is singing over it. People see that as necessary? There are a million different images he could have used to pay tribute, yet he uses the most violent viedo possible for his own gain.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Really? Video of the planes crashing into the towers while he is singing over it. People see that as necessary? There are a million different images he could have used to pay tribute, yet he uses the most violent viedo possible for his own gain.

How exactly is he using this for his own gain? Is it for sale on Itunes or something? Please.

He used the most memorable video, the one everyone was showing all day yesterday. Why in the hell is everyone always looking for a reason to get pissed off about something?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How exactly is he using this for his own gain? Is it for sale on Itunes or something? Please.

He used the most memorable video, the one everyone was showing all day yesterday. Why in the hell is everyone always looking for a reason to get pissed off about something?

Do you really think Cain would have made that video if he weren't running for President?

I just don't see the need for the guy to sing god bless america over a video of 2,500 people burning to death to prove he loves America.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Do you really think Cain would have made that video if he weren't running for President?

I just don't see the need for the guy to sing god bless america over a video of 2,500 people burning to death to prove he loves America.

Do people even know Cain is running for president? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Do people even know Cain is running for president? ;)

You have a point there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,558
    Not any worse than countless other corporations using 9/11 to promote their products yesterday.

On a side note, we sure love round numbers in this country. Why does 9/11 mean more yesterday than it did last year?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

it's like babies and dogs ... marketers fail safe ...

hit on the nation's patriotism and exploit it for all its worth ...
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Not any worse than countless other corporations using 9/11 to promote their products yesterday.

On a side note, we sure love round numbers in this country. Why does 9/11 mean more yesterday than it did last year?

I work in advertising (not TV) and some of my clients did have spots running yesterday. I would surely imagine that the networks donated the vast majority of their ad dollars to the charities, have not read up on it enough to know whether they did or not. I would also imagine that most brands made donations for any return they expected to see.

Last week, I actually had my department discuss the how they felt about brands advertising yesterday and it was one of the most engaging and active conversations we have had.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

I work in advertising (not TV) and some of my clients did have spots running yesterday. I would surely imagine that the networks donated the vast majority of their ad dollars to the charities, have not read up on it enough to know whether they did or not. I would also imagine that most brands made donations for any return they expected to see.

Last week, I actually had my department discuss the how they felt about brands advertising yesterday and it was one of the most engaging and active conversations we have had.

That's great but if the space is donated and all you're trying to do is pay tribute or honor then leave the "Verizon" and "State Farm" off the end.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

That's great but if the space is donated and all you're trying to do is pay tribute or honor then leave the "Verizon" and "State Farm" off the end.

I think I agree. I thought this was incredibly well done and could have done without State Farm at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJzUxVKLgMk

So the question is, both Cain and State Farm used 9/11 to directly benefit them. One used some of the most violent images imaginable and one used and involved people directly impacted and based it off positivity. I think there is a huge difference. One is a sense of positivity and one is inciting anger. I see one as much more disgusting than the other.
  • Options
    yeah, i'll agree with that. that's the GOP difference.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I should post this on Sean Hannity's site and see what their response would be.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    ComeToTX wrote:
    PJ20 ... yeah, i guess we do like round numbers. :)
  • Options
    Ha. Touché!
    Jason P wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    On a side 9102836192278030499292, we sure love round numbers in this country. Why does 9/11 mean more yesterday than it did last year?
    PJ20 ... yeah, i guess we do like round numbers. :)