****Official Metallica thread****

18910111214»

Comments

• listened to Hardwired for the first time last night. Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace, or maybe since I'm not really a metal guy anymore, but it just sounded a lot of the same. one track kind of blended into another. Then again, I'm like the only person on the planet that actually liked St Anger though. :lol:
    St. Anger is really underrated.
    Doesn't the criticism pretty much boils down to:

1. No solos on the album
    2. Lars drum sound
    3. "My lifestyle determines my death style"

?
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 15,240
    listened to Hardwired for the first time last night. Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace, or maybe since I'm not really a metal guy anymore, but it just sounded a lot of the same. one track kind of blended into another. Then again, I'm like the only person on the planet that actually liked St Anger though. :lol:

1. No solos on the album
    2. Lars drum sound

?
    yes on 1 and 2. #3 always makes me laugh when I'm singing along to it. kind of like "rocking horse of time" does. 
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATXPosts: 1,198
    listened to Hardwired for the first time last night. Maybe I wasn't in the right headspace, or maybe since I'm not really a metal guy anymore, but it just sounded a lot of the same. one track kind of blended into another. Then again, I'm like the only person on the planet that actually liked St Anger though. :lol:

1. No solos on the album
    2. Lars drum sound

?
    yes on 1 and 2. #3 always makes me laugh when I'm singing along to it. kind of like "rocking horse of time" does. 
    St. Anger would be a lot better if it weren't for the crappy production all around including Lars' trash can snare.  They aren't terrible songs.  I haven't really heard any of the songs live so maybe they sound better that way.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,866
    I don't know what it is, but I rather enjoy St. Anger besides some of the cringe worthy production. Frantic is one of my favorites songs of theirs period. I can always hear that guitar riff ripping away when I think of that song. Shoot Me Again is killer too. I listened to it a lot and I remember it came out right before I caught my first PJ show that summer. Good memories. Load is still their best album post 1990. It was a lot more solid than the Black album overall. I remember the let down of flipping to side B on that cassette.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,460
    edited September 26
    Think the Black ticket is just normal GA. 

Edit: it is GC, my bad. Great ticket option. 
    Post edited by Thierry Henry on
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 8,817

The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
18910111214»