Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    My vote goes to Doogie Howser MD.
  • Options
    nsepstrunsepstru Posts: 187
    Benzor wrote:
    Best television show of all time.

Aaron Sorkin is genius. I've watched the complete series at least 10 times all the way through, certain episodes more than that. Also, Studio 60 on the sunset strip is pretty amazing as well.
    I'm not human...I'm Danish!
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    first 3 and half season are outstanding, once Sorkin leaves it went to shit quick.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my dad always used to watch it but i never got into it
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Incredible writing and dialog.

I haven't watched it for a couple of years,I might have to start watching the seasons from the start again.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    My old man loved that show but Cheers is obviously the greatest show ever
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I watched an episode in school for class and really enjoyed it. My vote for best show of all time would go to Seinfeld.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The old man gave me the first and second seasons on DVD to watch... haven't got aroudn to it, but this should prompt me.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Loved that show, it was often disturbing, but very good writing and I loved the characters.
  • Options
    BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    first 3 and half season are outstanding, once Sorkin leaves it went to shit quick.

It was still awesome after Sorkin left.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Benzor wrote:

It was still awesome after Sorkin left.

The dialogue, the rhythm, Alan Alda, i tried to hang in there but it was weird, character's were doing and saying things they would not have.
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I always heard it was good, but never watched it. A current show I really like is Mike & Molly. Mike's 'doom-and-gloom' mother cracks me up! And, I agree, Seinfeld is the best show ever! :D
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Season 4 's latter half and most of season 5 was a mess - it's like they were looking for ways to make Season 1's efforts with Mandy seem like a masterstroke. Will being shuffled around was mehhhhhhhhhh.

6 and 7 they were right back to form. 7, in particular, was ace. I know it's most probably because of the context, and thems were more likely to be real emotions as opposed to actors being dramatic, but man, Election Day Part 2 was something else. So too the last scene in Tomorrow, with Martin Sheen looking down at the handkerchief.

Reckon I may have seen the full series through at least 20 odd times.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    my favorite tv drama...seasons 1-4

aaron sorkin and tommy schlamme were the show...john wells did what he does best with the next 3 seasons...turn out poorly written soap opera drivel...although the last season was ok i guess...haven't been able to watch those last seasons since they first aired
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    I've always wanted to start watching this show....I'm afraid to start because once I really get into a TV series, I go nuts with it. This one has 7 seasons on DVD just waiting for me too..
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,388
    This is my favourite show of all time. Of course, it wasn't quite the same once Sorkin left but it eventually got back on the right track.

Season 5 was the only real down-point of the show. Season 6 was a big improvement, especially the season finale "2162 Votes". And then, season 7 was all kinds of fantastic.

One average season doesn't change the fact that everything else was near-perfect.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Season 5 had some absurd moments. The Supremes especially, though it was quite entertaining in how it came off. So wouldn't happen, though.

At the time, I thought Shutdown was a bit absurd too, but now just this year there's been 2 of those. Well 1, plus the debt ceiling (hello Season 6!) thing right now.

So much learnt about complex political processes from watching this. Engrossing, entertaining, AND educational.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    The Rock wrote:
    This is my favourite show of all time. Of course, it wasn't quite the same once Sorkin left but it eventually got back on the right track.

Season 5 was the only real down-point of the show. Season 6 was a big improvement, especially the season finale "2162 Votes". And then, season 7 was all kinds of fantastic.

One average season doesn't change the fact that everything else was near-perfect.

Did Sorkin come back after awhile, or no?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    Finally watched the west wing over the past few months on Netflix.  It definitely lived up to the hype.  Season 5 was a bit rough after Sorkin left, but it definitely rebounded in seasons 6-7 with the election.  Really good stuff....so happy that I finally watched it.  Definitely in my top 5 shows of all time.