Options

Belgium Comes to Cooperstown

ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
It's a belgian beer festival at ommegang brewery in upstate NY.
Is anyone going to this next weekend? Or has anyone gone in the past? Looking for some advice. Thanks!!
Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Ommegang is the shit and I hear this festival is awesome. Saw The Felice Brothers there last year and camped out. Wasn't nearly the size of this festival but was a great time. Make sure you make it to the bonfire after, they did this after the concert as well and it was a great time.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I don't know anything about the festival but I know a lot about Belgian beers - some of the best ones in the world and a HUGE choice!

Enjoy it!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, yeah there's going to be like over 50 breweries there, can't wait, should be awesome. Camping out in the summer on an old hops farm/brewery under the stars while drunk on belgian beers-YAY!!!
    My one question is what kind of food will be available and what are the prices like? Contemplating packing a cooler full of food and a small propane grill.
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Wont be out to Cooperstown till the Fall. Busy time of year for the "drinking town with a baseball problem". Alomar and Blyleven to be inducted this weekend and the beer festival too. Fun times.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    ponner1us wrote:
    Thanks Guys, yeah there's going to be like over 50 breweries there, can't wait, should be awesome. Camping out in the summer on an old hops farm/brewery under the stars while drunk on belgian beers-YAY!!!
    My one question is what kind of food will be available and what are the prices like? Contemplating packing a cooler full of food and a small propane grill.

A different event that I went to but they had a stand with pizza, gyros, burgers, dogs and things like that. There was plently more that I can't think of off the top of my head. Prices weren't bad at all. I am sure they will have a bigger selection for this though. I don't think it would hurt to bring a little grill, I have read that there are plently of people with them and sharing after the festival.

Going to be a great time. I am going to miss this festival, The Avett Brothers and The Felice Brothers there this year, very disappointing. Enjoy. It's an awesome place. Their field out back is the shit and I am sure the crowd will be awesome. Very jealous.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Cooperstown is always a great time!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    As soon as i saw this thread i knew it had to have something to do with Ommegang.

They make good beers but my fav is still 3 Philosophers
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779
    Been meaning to get up to this for quite some time. I thought it sells out in like May though? Buddies of mine went to this and volunteered to work it. Since they worked it they got to go for free, drink for free, and ended up passing out on the lawn for the night.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Well if you're going to Cooperstown, you have to hit the baseball hall of fame. Awesome place.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    And check out the Otesaga Hotel. Very old and extremely gourgeous!
  • Options
    Come on Saturday, get here already!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends: