Options

Huge Collection available

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,707
edited August 2011 in Lost Dogs
I have an opportunity available for a serious collector who wanted to obtain a hell of a lot of items in one go.

Its not for the faint hearted. We are talking over 800 items, from the average items to the stupidly rare.

Pieces cannot be sold individually. The lot has to go at once.

The price is good, not a bargain, but IMO very attractive to a buyer.

PM me if interested whereupon I can supply full details of the pricing, and the whole collection lists.

This is not an attempt to play people off each other, not at all, but i cant list the collection - its just far too big, and the price is slightly negotiable for various reasons - and basically as thecollection isnt mine its tough for me to set an exact price.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    hmmm... very interesting 8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    can i have a monkey :twisted:

seriously - :roll:
  • Options
    :evil: that a no

yes but in stronger terms
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    :?: :arrow:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    So this thread intregues me, and I'd like to know what's involved - but I don't have a large sum of money to spend to 800 pieces of PJ merchandise (let alone somewhere to put it all)...

I gotta say that, at 800 pieces, including stupidly rare items, I'm guessing the price has got to be several thousand dollars... how likely is it to find a buyer?? I have to think this person would be better off splitting it up?

Also, considering that your posting this Paul (and no offense intended or disrespect in any way shape or form) -I'm guessing this person's collection has been picked at by atleast a few collectors prior to this offer to sell - cause I know damn well that if there's items in there that you are searching for, you're not going to let them pass by right under your nose... so I'm guessing it's already been split up somewhat, and that the person is now trying to keep it all to one sale to prevent getting stuck with a bunch of items that he/she may never sell??!!??

Best of luck getting rid of all that stuff... it sounds like quite a collection.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    would love some pictures just so i could salivate over somebody else's collection besides Paul's!!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    intriguing!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,808
    shep wrote:
    Best of luck getting rid of all that stuff... it sounds like quite a collection.
  • Options
    Andrew, I'll happily provide you details... Pm me' and remind me your email

I've been 100% upfront with every person who has pmd me' so far.

There are a few things I want .... Of course but not much considering what there is ... I simply cannot afford to go crazy.

Believe me whoever buys it gets a great deal and will be very very happy
    shep wrote:
    So this thread intregues me, and I'd like to know what's involved - but I don't have a large sum of money to spend to 800 pieces of PJ merchandise (let alone somewhere to put it all)...

I gotta say that, at 800 pieces, including stupidly rare items, I'm guessing the price has got to be several thousand dollars... how likely is it to find a buyer?? I have to think this person would be better off splitting it up?

Also, considering that your posting this Paul (and no offense intended or disrespect in any way shape or form) -I'm guessing this person's collection has been picked at by atleast a few collectors prior to this offer to sell - cause I know damn well that if there's items in there that you are searching for, you're not going to let them pass by right under your nose... so I'm guessing it's already been split up somewhat, and that the person is now trying to keep it all to one sale to prevent getting stuck with a bunch of items that he/she may never sell??!!??

• Options
    And seriously what pj item won't sell on eBay? It's more the seller won't spend thr time listing it all, shipping, packing and dealing with rhe crazy eBay fees...
    shep wrote:

• Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Andrew, I'll happily provide you details... Pm me' and remind me your email

I've been 100% upfront with every person who has pmd me' so far.

There are a few things I want .... Of course but not much considering what there is ... I simply cannot afford to go crazy.

Believe me whoever buys it gets a great deal and will be very very happy

Hey Paul -

I have no doubt that you are upfront, straight forward, honest and very fair about the whole ordeal. I did not mean to imply otherwise, and I apologize if anyone took it otherwise. That wasn't the intent of my post... You are definitely one of the best members of this community that I've gotten to know in recent years, and I know that you wouldn't dream of messing around with people like that.

And to tell you the truth - I'd love to look at the list, but I would say I'm better off not looking. I'm currently saving for the downpayment on a house sometime in the next 12 months, and my bank account cannot handle the hit....

I understand the motivation in trying to sell it all as a bundle. And it would definitely be much easier for the seller....

This is kind of one of those horrific car crash situations for me.... you don't really want to see, but you just can't look away! ;) I haven't made a lot of additions to my PJ collection lately (other than new AP's to the poster collection), but that doesn't mean I'm not constantly watching this forum, seeing what people are offering.... ready to pounce at the right item... ;)
    pdalowsky wrote:
    And seriously what pj item won't sell on eBay? It's more the seller won't spend thr time listing it all, shipping, packing and dealing with rhe crazy eBay fees...

I can think of a couple of items that wouldn't sell on ebay...

140.jpg

I guess I should have been a little more specific when I made that statement though - i meant wouldn't sell for a decent price on ebay! :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Not at all Andrew, your a great guy and I never thought that but I figured I should really clear it up openly anyway as you were quite right......

I have that shirt on the way .... It's a necessary evil of the analogue choice!!!!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Not at all Andrew, your a great guy and I never thought that but I figured I should really clear it up openly anyway as you were quite right......

I have that shirt on the way .... It's a necessary evil of the analogue choice!!!!!
    :lol::lol::lol:

I stained mine with tomato sauce last week when I was making spaghetti.... couldn't get it out, so maybe if I find a seller with an XL for super cheap.... but it's not on the top of my priority list. ;)
  • Options
    If a large is any use to you you can have mine when it arrives.

I don't hate it, but I just don't see me' ever wearing it
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    If a large is any use to you you can have mine when it arrives.

I don't hate it, but I just don't see me' ever wearing it

:lol: thanks Paul, but it's ok.

I've just been wearing it cause I moved to the south a couple of years back... prior to moving here all of my clothes was black, and unfortunately it just makes the extreme heat here in the summer time that much worse.... so I've slowly been accumulating some t-shirts in lighter colours... problem is, I'm a slob and always spilling stuff on them that won't come out... :lol:

It wasn't my favorite shirt, but at least it doesn't have hollister or some other brand name plastered all over it... Outside of work the only thing I wear is band and beer t-shirts 8-)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    shep wrote:
    Outside of work the only thing I wear is band and beer t-shirts 8-)
    Put some pants on! :lol:
  • Options
    will give this a few more days, the interest has been phenomenal so far but the asking price is a tough amount to find these days

will consider opening it up slightly if anyone has any ideas....

sale off in blocks? say all CD albums, singles, Lps etc?

Maybe 6 or 7 buyers rather than one.....

It may be unworkable but im willing to try - but it can only happen if everything is bought.
  • Options
    pictures please Paul!!
  • Options
    he does not own the collection to take photos of ..

but i will vouch for paul 101%

i just want something to salivate over and see what amazing things are out there in a collection. i can vouch for paul too!!
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    he does not own the collection to take photos of ..

but i will vouch for paul 101%

i just want something to salivate over and see what amazing things are out there in a collection. i can vouch for paul too!!

give me your email i send you some on my vinyl pictutes then ;)
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Outside of work the only thing I wear is band and beer t-shirts 8-)
    Put some pants on! :lol:

No way man, pants are way to restricting!
  • Options
    bump...any interest
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    edited July 2011
    is private bidding or encouraging it allowed on here? even if you are acting as agent for some mystery person?
    i'd like to see pics, and breaking it up into lots would be better but individual sales of items would be better again..take a lot longer but would be better.
    Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    :(

stupid economy...I have very little money, and I would love to add to my puny collection.

I want to know, but I also don't want to know what I'm missing out on.....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    There is no private bidding.

Re read the original post.

It's fairly clear

eldarion75 wrote:
    is private bidding or encouraging it allowed on here? even if you are acting as agent for some mystery person?
    i'd like to see pics, and breaking it up into lots would be better but individual sales of items would be better again..take a lot longer but would be better.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    ok, well how much for the whole lot? and what is 'the whole lot'?
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    ok, well how much for the whole lot? and what is 'the whole lot'?

Seriously - back to the opening post. The collection is worth a fortune - it's negotiable if someone is sufficiently interested.

Pm me your email addy and I'll supply you the spreadsheet or shall I really post almost 900 items here?