Options

***Official U2 Appreciation Thread***

Comments

• Options
    elen said:

U2 hangover letdown happening right now.

The show I attended (night 2 in Vancouver) was freaking awesome. The atmosphere the band manages to create and the connection they develop with the crowd- where people in the top corners are singing and dancing- is almost unparalleled.

If there's a band that rivals them in this department, I'd offer PJ who routinely have fans frothing. But to the integrity of this thread, if you have never seen U2... you need to. It was six years since they last played in Vancouver. They are on fire at the moment and I'm not sure where they'll be in another six.

I'm going to look at travelling somewhere to see them.

My husband and his friend flew straight from Italy to see them and from what they've told me this tour definitely deserves a travel.
    They're still thrilled from the experience, in terms of emotions, musical solidity, Bono's voice, unbelievable screens...
    They're talking about one of the best opening dates so far.
    Now I can't wait to see them here.
    Cool! Really cool!!

All I am listening to is U2 right now.

Pride/ Angel of Harlem/ Bullet the Blue Sky top my 'go to's' right now.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm at one end, but it doesn't matter, I don't need to see the screen, but I do hope to see the band.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    In Phoenix from Denver for both shows.
    Been to at least one show for every U2 tour since 1981. Thought it was a really good show last night. Much better than the overblown Vegas style productions of Pop amd 360.

My advice for G.A. is dont get there early. No need.
    Walk in at 8 and plant yourself about mid court. At the end of the rail for the Red Zone. From there you get a great view of both stages and a fantastic view of the screen and the band on the catwalk where they spend a lot of time. Also gives you the option to move around and move closer to the 2nd stage if you like. In my opinion if you are on the rail you miss a lot.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    norm said:
    In God's Country was performed last night for the first time since 2 December 2001, assisted by a member of the crowd on guitar. That's a gap of 13 years, 5 months, and 20 days between performances. Since the end of the Joshua Tree Tour in December 1987, In God's Country has only been performed eight times: four early on Lovetown in 1989 (including one show when it was a surprise opener), three late on Elevation in 2001, and now tonight. It was not on the printed setlist and appeared as part of a fun and loose section of the second set, during which Bono also brought three sisters on stage for Mysterious Ways and Desire.

Editorial credit to U2gigs.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,514

Been to at least one show for every U2 tour since 1981. Thought it was a really good show last night. Much better than the overblown Vegas style productions of Pop amd 360.

Walk in at 8 and plant yourself about mid court. At the end of the rail for the Red Zone. From there you get a great view of both stages and a fantastic view of the screen and the band on the catwalk where they spend a lot of time. Also gives you the option to move around and move closer to the 2nd stage if you like. In my opinion if you are on the rail you miss a lot.

That's what Rolling Stone recommended as well. Basically, the line listers all got screwed once the show started. Having the rail is more a disadvantage at these shows they said..... I wonder how the U2 fans addicted to GA lines are feeling about all this??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    I had GA seats for the second show in Vancouver and moved around quite a bit. It was really easy to move up and down and I had a blast. You are never far from a band member. Unless you absolutely, positively must be on the rail I agree with the comments above. Arrive at 8pm and have fun.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,514
    Finally just watched the Fallon show with U2, and it was super good. They were great sports, and it's cool to see the fans there - they are bananas-fans, just like some PJ fans are, so it was fun to see. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kasedoug said:

JOEJOEJOE said:

U2 is doing a show at the Roxy in L.A. ........small 500 seat club.

I was caller 19 an hour ago. :bawling:
    Ouch!

19 again today during lunch!!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    PJ_Soul said:

That's what Rolling Stone recommended as well. Basically, the line listers all got screwed once the show started. Having the rail is more a disadvantage at these shows they said..... I wonder how the U2 fans addicted to GA lines are feeling about all this??
    On the 360 tour I was up against the outer stage rail for the show in MD, Tampa FL. Even though I could see the big screen I didn't get the full scope of the show until I saw them again Miami. There I was in the stands center and I got what the show was all about and that show was best of the three.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I'm sooooooooo excited now that they played 11 o clock tick tock live in LA the other night. That was the song that got me into them, I was 11 yrs old. I SO hope they play it in Stockholm too...
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for Chicago tickets, I have a pair in the Club Level (200), row 5. Tickets were $290/each, will take $250 if you're interested.
  • Options
    JustaPJFanJustaPJFan Posts: 710

If anyone is looking for Chicago tickets, I have a pair in the Club Level (200), row 5. Tickets were $290/each, will take $250 if you're interested.

Good deal for anyone.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,421
    U2

The Roxy

West Hollywood, CA

May 28, 2015

JEMS Master

01 The Ocean

02 11 O’Clock Tick Tock

03 I Will Follow

04 The Electric Co.

05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

08 Sunday Bloody Sunday (electric)

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Here it is. And yes, it was everything any one of us would have hoped it to be: our favorite band, in a 500 person club, playing unadorned by visual technology and giving it their all for an hour of expected and unexpected material. At times it was a bit surreal to see U2 in this setting, so close to the crowd, playing a setlist that nodded to the very first tours where venues of this size were the norm.
  • Options
    cutz said:

U2

The Roxy

West Hollywood, CA

May 28, 2015

JEMS Master

01 The Ocean

02 11 O’Clock Tick Tock

03 I Will Follow

04 The Electric Co.

05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Here it is. And yes, it was everything any one of us would have hoped it to be: our favorite band, in a 500 person club, playing unadorned by visual technology and giving it their all for an hour of expected and unexpected material. At times it was a bit surreal to see U2 in this setting, so close to the crowd, playing a setlist that nodded to the very first tours where venues of this size were the norm.

Epic setlist. They can vary and THEY SHOULD vary more often. This is a setlist everyone wants to see, yet the normally don't do it.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Looks like my Boston tickets fell through, if anybody has any extra GA for the wed show I'm your guy
  • Options
    cutz said:

U2

The Roxy

West Hollywood, CA

May 28, 2015

JEMS Master

01 The Ocean

02 11 O’Clock Tick Tock

03 I Will Follow

04 The Electric Co.

05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Congrats for having been there. I have been listening to the boot over and over, the sound is really good and the gig seems fantastic.
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

cutz said:

U2

The Roxy

West Hollywood, CA

May 28, 2015

JEMS Master

01 The Ocean

02 11 O’Clock Tick Tock

03 I Will Follow

04 The Electric Co.

05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Congrats for having been there. I have been listening to the boot over and over, the sound is really good and the gig seems fantastic.
    That IS one gem of a setlist. That kind of a club is how I first saw them way back when on the
    Boy Tour....amazing show that was. I knew then with that lead singer that band would go somewhere and they have.

Where did you listen to the boot?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    g under p said:

bluegrace said:

cutz said:

U2

The Roxy

West Hollywood, CA

May 28, 2015

JEMS Master

01 The Ocean

02 11 O’Clock Tick Tock

03 I Will Follow

04 The Electric Co.

05 Beautiful Day

06 Elevation

07 Stuck In A Moment

09 Out Of Control

10 Vertigo

11 Song For Someone

12 California

Congrats for having been there. I have been listening to the boot over and over, the sound is really good and the gig seems
    fantastic.

That IS one gem of a setlist. That kind of a club is how I first saw them way back when on the
    Boy Tour....amazing show that was. I knew then with that lead singer that band would go somewhere and they have.
    Where did you listen to the boot?

Peace
    Man i WISH i was there, but i wasn't. I copied what the taper had to comment about the show. Sorry for the confusion.

Like Bluegrace i only have the bootleg. I got it on Dime, and the sound is pretty good.

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Any idea where else the Roxy boot might be? I have horrible luck with Dime. I always lose my share ratio.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    CJ260717 said:

Any idea where else the Roxy boot might be? I have horrible luck with Dime. I always lose my share ratio.

U2torrents. It's a site ran by U2 fans. No official stuff on there only recordings from peeps themselves.
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Ahh - thanks!

I catching the first two Boston shows. Trying to avoid boots/videos until then but thought the Roxy would be a nice show to check out.
  • Options
    CJ260717 said:

Ahh - thanks!

I catching the first two Boston shows. Trying to avoid boots/videos until then but thought the Roxy would be a nice show to check out.

It's worth it. Hole different setlist then at the IE tour. Will only be once, a special one like that I think. To hear 11 O'Clock again is special enough.
  • Options

CJ260717 said:

Ahh - thanks!

It's worth it. Hole different setlist then at the IE tour. Will only be once, a special one like that I think. To hear 11 O'Clock again is special enough.
    They should release a recording of that show, considering they gave up a new album for free. The only thing else I'd love to hear would be An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

CJ260717 said:

Ahh - thanks!

They should release a recording of that show, considering they gave up a new album for free. The only thing else I'd love to hear would be An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart.

Peace
    Agreed. It was a concert by KROQ FM. Yet it is confirmed that no official (FM) audio will ever be available..
  • Options
    Anybody seeing the shady business going on with tickets. Tickeymaster pulled all available tickets and are slowly releasing them back and shifting prices on all of them at different times. Check how many are available for Chicago 5 right now when that was sold out this morning

Instead of waiting for hopefully ga's for Boston, I'm thinking of hitting stubhub for sec 5 or 8....for those that have been, would those give a good view?
  • Options
    And Denver 2 GA's were available alittle while ago
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    A question for those of you who have been to a show or shows. What time has the show been starting, and how long is the intermission?

q
  • Options

g under p said:

CJ260717 said:

Ahh - thanks!

Peace
    Agreed. It was a concert by KROQ FM. Yet it is confirmed that no official (FM) audio will ever be available..
    Was the show broadcast on KROQ FM?

• Options
    cutz said:

g under p said:

CJ260717 said:

Ahh - thanks!

Peace
    Was the show broadcast on KROQ FM?

Nope, that the weird part. It will never become available. I hear they will do a video with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock though, with good audio.