Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,143
    Jason P wrote:
    Here is a list of some of the tweaks they are making to the new Blu Ray series:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-gets-tweaks-blu-ray-release-232658967.html

I'm surprised that Lucus didn't go Favreau on us and replace Billy D. Williams with Don Cheadle. :mrgreen:

why does he keep doing that?
    I miss igotid88
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    igotid88 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/star-wars-gets-tweaks-blu-ray-release-232658967.html

I'm surprised that Lucus didn't go Favreau on us and replace Billy D. Williams with Don Cheadle. :mrgreen:

why does he keep doing that?

cause hes bored. the man needs a hobby.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    igotid88 wrote:

thats a bullshit change... at least the others mentioned in the link before were technical changes.. im down with those ones. pretty light sabers...
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    can george digitally remove his head from his ass?
    really george.. this s going too far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtgtMQwr ... r_embedded

:lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Irvin Kershner is the man behind the greatness of Star Wars. He directed Empire and was heavily involved with Jedi.

A New Hope was a ground breaker, but Lucas got lucky and it was his best film.. The intenseness of the rest of the series is because of Irvin. He may not have imagined up the Star Wars world, but he knew how to show the story.

I enjoyed American Graffiti and THX, but Lucas isn't a very good director. He's a good visionary, but should let others do the directing.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Gob wrote:
    Irvin Kershner is the man behind the greatness of Star Wars. He directed Empire and was heavily involved with Jedi.

A New Hope was a ground breaker, but Lucas got lucky and it was his best film.. The intenseness of the rest of the series is because of Irvin. He may not have imagined up the Star Wars world, but he knew how to show the story.

I enjoyed American Graffiti and THX, but Lucas isn't a very good director. He's a good visionary, but should let others do the directing.

100% Agree. Lucas sucks.
    eddiec wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    Irvin Kershner is the man behind the greatness of Star Wars. He directed Empire and was heavily involved with Jedi.

100% Agree. Lucas sucks.

lucas doesnt suck.. he just doesnt know when to give up the reigns. i also suspect no one has ever told him what sucks when it sucks. surrounded by yes wo/men i reckon.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    eddiec wrote:

100% Agree. Lucas sucks.

lucas doesnt suck.. he just doesnt know when to give up the reigns. i also suspect no one has ever told him what sucks when it sucks. surrounded by yes wo/men i reckon.

Don't get me wrong, he was the creator of Star Wars and for that I give him credit. But the list of him turning a great Trilogy into a farce is astounding.

If episodes 1-3 had been done first, they wouldn't have made a dime at the box office. Everytime I see them I cringe and actually feels waves of anger that someone could create such crap. How the guy isn't embarrassed I have no idea. That is why I say Lucas sucks. Oh yeah, and the Ewoks. And now Noooooooooooooooooo! What a profound line. How did he come up with that one?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    eddiec wrote:
    And now Noooooooooooooooooo! What a profound line. How did he come up with that one?
    Am I the only one that thinks of Principal Skinner every time I hear this?
    avg 2 rating on amazon.
    I miss igotid88
  • Jason P wrote:

He should because Billy D. sucks in those movies.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The Darth Vader "Nooo" line has grown on me. It was silly at first, but now I have no opinion on it. It changes the scene a little, but not for better or worse. It only seems silly when you aren't used to it and you hold those bitter grudges against Lucas for all the other stuff.. My biggest complaint about Jedi now is the musical number in Jabba's palace. They replaced that cool funk music with a horrid children's ballad. I hate it.. Bring back Lapti Nek!

Also, I hate in Empire at the end when Lando, Leia, Chewy are escaping cloud city how they cut in that copied from Jedi scene of Vaders shuttle landing.. I think it was implied that Vader was heading to his shuttle. We didn't need that scene cut into that chase. It throws that whole sequence off.
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I found a VHS tape of the Star Wars today in a yard sale still in the plastic wrapping with a sticker celebrating the 10th anny of Star Wars. I got Empire and Jedi but those were open. Got'em all for 3 bucks. Now i gotta find my old ass VCR so i can watch Empire and Jedi.
    My butt itches!
  • Putting Hayden at the end of Return of the Jedi was the second lamest change Lucas made. If it's for continuity, why the hell do we see the Alec Guiness Obi-Wan instead of Ewan McGregor????
    Obviously, the lamest change is Greedo shooting first. Lucas said he wanted Han to shoot in "self-defense" to make him look less cold-blooded. Greedo was POINTING A GUN AT HIM!!!!
    He didn't have to pull the trigger for it to be self defense. If someone's just pointing a gun at you, you are justified in blowing his slimy green head off!!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Gob wrote:
    The Darth Vader "Nooo" line has grown on me. It was silly at first, but now I have no opinion on it. It changes the scene a little, but not for better or worse. It only seems silly when you aren't used to it and you hold those bitter grudges against Lucas for all the other stuff..
    I see your point but I still can't imagine anything but Seymour Skinner and laugh when I hear it :P
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Son's reaction to 'The Empire Strikes Back Reveal!' Pretty funny, if it's not staged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbV5hn_ET0U
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If you were Luke, wouldn't you join Vader? I would, fuck the emperor up and change the empire from the inside. Luke was a Terrorist.
    tumblr_ltye2woBIZ1qa3bglo1_500.jpg
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    tumblr_ltye2woBIZ1qa3bglo1_500.jpg

so very wrong.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    If you were Luke, wouldn't you join Vader? I would, fuck the emperor up and change the empire from the inside. Luke was a Terrorist.

becoming a part of the machine is never the answer.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    igotid88 wrote:
    those are great, thanks for sharing. The R2-D2 pics were funny!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    igotid88 wrote:

I'm getting this for Christmas! its the one present i asked my wife for, there will be little to no sleep for many weeks afterwards.
    I miss igotid88
    Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
    51BHkdZUj-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This looks cool. I like the way it opens and the book comes out
    I miss igotid88