Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    How cool would it be if they create a stand alone SW film focused on the Sith.
    I'd like to see how Palpatine learned the dark side of the force and betrayed his master.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

I'd like to see how Palpatine learned the dark side of the force and betrayed his master.

Hell yeah, would beat the pants off a young Han Solo movie. Do we really need another Star Wars movie without the Force??
    No, thank you.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

+ a billion
    igotid88 said:

The Last Jedi

works for me ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    They could make a movie based solely on Ewoks and it would still make $700M
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    What about a Jar Jar Binks stand alone LOL
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Couldn't be much worse than a Han Solo standalone lol
    Disney just said the new Han Solo movie will reveal Han's real name ... :unamused:

I feel this will be the movie that jumps the shark on their star wars money machine. I can't wait for the scene where Han and Shia LaBeouf are swinging through the vines with a bunch of Mynocks
    Jason P said:

Disney just said the new Han Solo movie will reveal Han's real name ... :unamused:

I feel this will be the movie that jumps the shark on their star wars money machine. I can't wait for the scene where Han and Shia LaBeouf are swinging through the vines with a bunch of Mynocks

A Han Solo movie was a terrible idea from the start, I will watch it, but this is a decision worse than Jar Jar.
    Another fucking Star Wars movie without the Force?
    SMMFH!
    :angry:
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Jason P said:

"We named the dog Indi... er, I mean, Han."
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Jason P said:

They could make a movie based solely on Ewoks and it would still make $700M

Both of you should be banned... Take a timeout.

A Boba Fett movie supposedly in the works is a horrible idea too!

My favorite character with 10 lines through 2 films has their own possible movie?!? Didn't we get the jist in the clone wars?
    I can't believe I just came to find this video of Weird Al doing a Star Wars song a mere 18 years after it was released. I feel irresponsible ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU
    they should make a yoda movie
    polaris_x said:

they should make a yoda movie

Yoda, Obi-Wan, Vader, or take it back to the old days when there were more Jedi.

Han Solo? You're pissing me off.
    Boba Fett? Are you kidding me??

They might as well do a movie about Jar Jar, this is just ridiculous.
    ANOTHER Star Wars movie without the Force and Jedi. That is just asinine, it really gets me pissed off.
    Rogue One was good, but come on?!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited April 2017
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    and now begins my 8 month long erection
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    JK_Livin said:

This should help with that.....

https://youtu.be/2MMgaFdd9h8
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    So. Much. Awesome.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    40 years old and for the first time i'm watching the movies..
    i'm following this order 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 ,7..
    i'm doing good??..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    23scidoo said:

40 years old and for the first time i'm watching the movies..
    i'm following this order 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 ,7..
    i'm doing good??..

I don't geek out for Star Wars so maybe my opinion is pointless, but I'd recommend the original trilogy first (4-5-6) then go back and watch all 7 of them in order.
    Episode 1 allready loading..but thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

It's hard to pick an order, but the one scidoo picked might be best.
    Getting the originals out of the way first is a good idea, it doesn't matter how much love they are showered with by die hards, they haven't aged well and they were poorly acted and filmed. The prequels started just as bad and improved with each installment.
    TFA was the best one yet, they really got much better performances from the actors and the cinematography was much improved.

I grew up on the originals, lived on them, bit filmmaking has come a long way.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rgambs said:

Getting the originals out of the way first is a good idea, it doesn't matter how much love they are showered with by die hards, they haven't aged well and they were poorly acted and filmed. The prequels started just as bad and improved with each installment.
    TFA was the best one yet, they really got much better performances from the actors and the cinematography was much improved.

I've seen that order referenced elsewhere before. Curious as to what's the deal with it? Why out of order like that?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

rgambs said:

I've seen that order referenced elsewhere before. Curious as to what's the deal with it? Why out of order like that?
    You start with 4, get the "Luke, I am your father!" reveal in 5, then the prequels 1-3 become an origin story for Vader leading up to the birth of Luke and Leia, then you jump back in with 6 and the Battle of Endor becomes the big conclusion. Basically the prequels are an interlude between 5 and 6. If you start with 1 the big reveal in Empire gets ruined.

Personally I would still go 4, 5, 6, 7 to start. If I fell in love then maybe go back and watch the prequels. Man, though. They are really, really bad.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    JK_Livin said:

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

You start with 4, get the "Luke, I am your father!" reveal in 5, then the prequels 1-3 become an origin story for Vader leading up to the birth of Luke and Leia, then you jump back in with 6 and the Battle of Endor becomes the big conclusion. Basically the prequels are an interlude between 5 and 6. If you start with 1 the big reveal in Empire gets ruined.

Personally I would still go 4, 5, 6, 7 to start. If I fell in love then maybe go back and watch the prequels. Man, though. They are really, really bad.
    I've watched the prequels once and that's enough. After episode 9 and the spinoffs Disney will hopefully remove them and remake them.

eddiec said:

JimmyV said:

rgambs said:

I've watched the prequels once and that's enough. After episode 9 and the spinoffs Disney will hopefully remove them and remake them.

Episode 3 is worth rewatching for the saber duels alone.

rgambs said:

They call it ''Order for kids""..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.