Star Wars May the 4th be with you (Spoilers)

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I'm not excited by Solo.
    Sure I'll go see it anyways.
    Dude, Lando is in it!  Who doesn't Love Lando?!?
    If Lando was the main character I think I would be more excited.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm not excited by Solo.
    What's to love?  He's a secondary character that comes and goes in a few quick scenes and he isn't iconic like Jabba or Boba.
    I do think what's his face as Lando will be the highlight of this dumbass film.
    A damn Han Solo origin story...what a moronic and empty idea to build a movie on.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    I'm not excited by Solo.
    What's to love?  He's a secondary character that comes and goes in a few quick scenes and he isn't iconic like Jabba or Boba.
    A damn Han Solo origin story...what a moronic and empty idea to build a movie on.  
    Lando had far more to do in the two films he was in than either Jabba or Boba Fett did. The guy blew up a Death Star, staged one rescue mission and participated in another, conspired with and then betrayed the Empire, and hit on Leia. Not a bad resume.

• HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,425
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    edited May 2018
    JimmyV said:
    rgambs said:
    I'm not excited by Solo.
    Lando had far more to do in the two films he was in than either Jabba or Boba Fett did. The guy blew up a Death Star, staged one rescue mission and participated in another, conspired with and then betrayed the Empire, and hit on Leia. Not a bad resume.
    TY!

Boba, my favorite charterer, only had 10 lines in the two films... 10 lines...
    I'm convinced Solo is going to be better than many (including myself) thought, but it still seems like a poorly conceived project. If Harrison Ford hadn't agreed to come back for TFA and they had written Han out of the Saga, then I can see how something like this might make sense. But as it is we just had an emotional sendoff for one of the most iconic characters in the franchise. No one was asking to see him as a young man.

Lando: A Star Wars Story was the way to go all along.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Always!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited May 2018
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited May 2018
    Welcome to the most depressing May the Fourth ever. 

TLJ was not great, and the recent release of Avengers: Infinity War basically flipped off Star Wars by showing the world how to PERFECTLY execute that type of movie.

As an avid Star Wars fan, today kind of makes me sad, I’m missing the excitement and happiness of Star Wars Day in years past. I almost didn’t wear a SW shirt today.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    PJWGIII said:
    Welcome to the most depressing May the Fourth ever. 

TLJ was not great, and the recent release of Avengers: Infinity War basically flipped off Star Wars by showing the world how to PERFECTLY execute that type of movie.

As an avid Star Wars fan, today kind of makes me sad, I’m missing the excitement and happiness of Star Wars Day in years past. I almost didn’t wear a SW shirt today.
    There is part of me that believes LucasFilm's odd refusal to push Solo back until December is influenced at least in part by a desire to eat away at the back end of Infinity War's box office total.

On the bright side, this time next year we will have an Episode IX trailer to get all warm and fuzzy over. Still hoping J.J. can stick the landing.

JimmyV said:
    IG88 and Bosk too!

Nice colors on that!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I laugh at how at the end of the Solo trailer they make it seem like it's a 50/50 that Chewie will survive lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I watched TLJ for the second time since buying it on blu-ray.
    I never noticed Rey holding Anakin's/Luke's broken lightsabre at the end as she sits down with Leia.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    This is old but I wanted to share it.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/winners-announced-in-the-ilm-art-department-challenge

Read up on the Fred Palacio concept piece.  This would be such a cool idea for a story!!!
    This is old but I wanted to share it.
    https://www.starwars.com/news/winners-announced-in-the-ilm-art-department-challenge

Read up on the Fred Palacio concept piece.  This would be such a cool idea for a story!!!
    Better read on it.
    https://www.inverse.com/article/21006-luke-skywalker-severed-hand-artwork-fred-palacio
    My ever-changing rankings:

V
    VII
    IV
    VI
    R1
    VIII
    III
    I
    II

• elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    Seeing an early screening of "SOLO" tonight.  Pretty excited actually.....expectations are low, but excited!
    Seeing an early screening of "SOLO" tonight.  Pretty excited actually.....expectations are low, but excited!
    Loved it!  Don’t go in expecting your regular Star Wars film. Good stuff.
    Loved it!  Don’t go in expecting your regular Star Wars film. Good stuff.
    Gives me some confidence. 
    JimmyV said:
    I'm convinced Solo is going to be better than many (including myself) thought, but it still seems like a poorly conceived project. If Harrison Ford hadn't agreed to come back for TFA and they had written Han out of the Saga, then I can see how something like this might make sense. But as it is we just had an emotional sendoff for one of the most iconic characters in the franchise. No one was asking to see him as a young man.

You will be pleased my Lando loving friend.......
    JimmyV said:

You will be pleased my Lando loving friend.......
    :grin:

Glad you liked it!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    My local paper gave it 4 stars. Makes me more keen to see it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Checking it out tonight, think it is going to be fun.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Checking it out tonight, think it is going to be fun.
    for a nerd; yes!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    :no_mouth:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Boba Fett film in the works?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Saw Solo this afternoon, and really enjoyed it! The casting was very good, Donald Glover was great as Lando.
    It has reaffirmed my love of Star Wars after the disappointing Last Jedi
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)