Options

Sold Temple of the Dog Vinyl

flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
edited May 2011 in Lost Dogs
It is unfortunate that some people on here dont believe the FACT that there were no legit pressings of this album that came from Holland or Brazil. Black vinyl or clear, the Holland pressings are all FAKES from the same press plates, with the same matrix #s. If you want a real copy of TOTD, buy the US pressing. Good luck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    clear vinyl???
    "It's from Holland!...isn't dat veird?"
  • Options
    This is a bootleg.
    One hand will wash the other!
  • Options
    VicSpeedVicSpeed Posts: 100
    Bootleg.

Nice item, but a bootleg. :|
  • Options
    Hey Soldier and Vic, FYI- The only official pressing of this album is from the US. Not Brazil or Holland. The last US pressing of this sold in 2009 for $255. It doesn't show up very often. This is great audio quality, and right in line with EVERY copy being sold on eBay for the past 2 years, and for those of you who dont have $300+ to spend to have a Temple of the Dog record, this is a great addition to your collection.
  • Options
    SM167523SM167523 Posts: 35
    What color was the US original pressing?
  • Options
    Hey Soldier and Vic, FYI- The only official pressing of this album is from the US. Not Brazil or Holland. The last US pressing of this sold in 2009 for $255. It doesn't show up very often. This is great audio quality, and right in line with EVERY copy being sold on eBay for the past 2 years, and for those of you who dont have $300+ to spend to have a Temple of the Dog record, this is a great addition to your collection.
    I think you are wrong. There are indeed 3 official TOTD vinyl pressings - USA, Holland and Brazil. All were released in 1991. Please check this page:

http://www.pjcollectors.com/category_related.asp?id=3

Unfortunately there are many bootlegs in different colors out there.
  • Options
    I think you are wrong. There are indeed 3 official TOTD vinyl pressings - USA, Holland and Brazil. All were released in 1991. Please check this page:

I am certain that I am not wrong my friend. I am well aware of this site, as I have been collecting records for about 17 years, amigo. However, all of the Holland pressings are bootlegs, and Brazil was a major hub for bootleg records in the early to mid 90's. pjcollectors.com is not a valid source for this release, unfortunately. In fact, they should update this info, as it is incorrect. Matrix #s are...drumroll...395 350 1. And unfortunately, despite the color of the pictured vinyl being Black on pjcollectors.com, the Holland pressings are in fact- fake. Check your info and ask questions before making assumptions, and hijacking other people's sale threads. Thanks.
  • Options
    SM167523 wrote:
    What color was the US original pressing?
    Black. You can find them RARELY for $250+...and that is a good price.
  • Options
    VsVs Posts: 76
    Sorry flyinwhole313 but pjcollectors.com is a valid source because it is a very serious group of honest collectors. I'm a collector too and agree with soldier.of.love

I am certain that I am not wrong my friend. I am well aware of this site, as I have been collecting records for about 17 years, amigo. However, all of the Holland pressings are bootlegs, and Brazil was a major hub for bootleg records in the early to mid 90's. pjcollectors.com is not a valid source for this release, unfortunately. In fact, they should update this info, as it is incorrect. Matrix #s are...drumroll...395 350 1. And unfortunately, despite the color of the pictured vinyl being Black on pjcollectors.com, the Holland pressings are in fact- fake. Check your info and ask questions before making assumptions, and hijacking other people's sale threads. Thanks.
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    If it is a fake or not it still looks freakin sweet and it probably does the trick if you dont have one, wish I had the $$ :( good luck with your sale
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    so the OP is arguing that his copy IS a boot? I'm confused.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    so the OP is arguing that his copy IS a boot? I'm confused.
    No he isn't. But he is arguing that the Holland and Brazil release from 1991 are inofficial too. But they aren't. His vinyl is a nice looking bootleg. Some people love and collect bootlegs.
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    Got my TOTD LP black vinyl (Holland pressing) along with the Hunger Strike picture 7" disc (UK pressing), back in 1992. Totally 100% official releases, ordered and bought from a 100% trusted record store.

Unfortunately the last year a mass boot production plant, probably based in Europe, surfaced. TOTD LP, Soldier Field LP, Into the wild LP etc, all cool multi colored vinyls (clear, blue, red, yellow, black etc), but unfortunately not released with the permission of the band and/or recording company. (add to these releases the Zurich live in many many different colors and titles).

As for pjcollectors.com, as far as I know, every addition to this site is being reviewed by many people (the A-squad team), and in some cases with long comunications with the record companies, in order to check the authenticity and all the infos provided. Therefore I'm sure that all items in the TOTD category too are carefully reviewed and presented.

Hope that helped.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    At least they made these fakes in different colours so you can tell - had they gone with black vinyl it would be a real pain spotting the copies.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    At least they made these fakes in different colours so you can tell - had they gone with black vinyl it would be a real pain spotting the copies.

Correct!

Although even if these were on black vinyl, a good visual scan would be enough to spot the differencies (for example the fake/bootleg Basketball picture disc for TEN).
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    Hmm seems the OP has some seriously bad information here.

Its fairly well know that the Dutch and Brazilian presses are legit and official.

Perhaps he could explain the reason why he thinks otherwise?

Soldier of Love - is right on the money here.
  • Options
    VicSpeedVicSpeed Posts: 100
    Again, the clear (and magente, blue, etc) TOTD is a bootleg.

The front cover image is incomplete!... it comes without the border in some parts (up & down)...

Check these images. Second is the official release.

All the official TOTD are listed correctly on http://www.PjCollectors.com!

totd_differences_boot.jpg

totd_differences_boot2.jpg
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    The only fake vinyl on their data base is the Ten Picture disc from Brasil, the rest is A+, i can't imagine an extremely well crafted conspiracy from the guys of pjcollectors to fool the rest of the pj community.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    The only fake vinyl on their data base is the Ten Picture disc from Brasil, the rest is A+, i can't imagine an extremely well crafted conspiracy from the guys of pjcollectors to fool the rest of the pj community.
    Yes that Brazil Ten picture disc pressing is still a mystery to me.
  • Options
    It is unfortunate that some people on here dont believe the FACT that there were no legit pressings of this album that came from Holland or Brazil. Black vinyl or clear, the Holland pressings are all FAKES from the same press plates, with the same matrix #s. If you want a real copy of TOTD, buy the US pressing. Good luck.

It is also unfortunate that some people on here make such statements without justifying or bringing some proofs in order to support them.
    Good luck with your sale too pal. Hope you'll get that $45 you are asking for a boot vinyl.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695

way to convince people :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do feel free to prove us wrong though, take the time, we'll be looking forward to it. :lol:
  • Options
    massimobemassimobe Posts: 310
    Norman I'm pretty sure the Ten from Brasil is a fake
    About the TOTD I'm 100% agreed with the line of pjcollectors, I'm collecting since 18 years and what I can say is that the original press were made also in Holland as TEN. In the early/middle '90 in Holland were pressed most of the EUROPEAN print.
    -M-