THANKS!

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited April 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hello everyone!

I know this probably long overdue but feel like this is necessary.

May 9th, 2010, my birthday, was when it all started. My parent’s got me a membership for the 10 Club, I was so surprised, and it was one of the best B-Day presents ever! It took me a while before I decided to post. It was then when I started to see how awesome and kind the members were. As I was learning the bands music and their history I was posting on threads and even creating my own threads. Then I saw something that amazed me, people were running contests and giving away free Pearl Jam things! I was totally stunned by that, I guessed it never occurred to me that a fan club could be that generous. As time went on I started to recognize the regulars on the club and I stated to make friends. Then something amazing happened, I actually won a contest!!! It was for some DVDs, it was so awesome and I just couldn’t believe it. Then later on I won a sweet 98 tour t-shirt, it was the coolest thing ever!! I decided to give back and started to do my own contest (I wish I could do more!) After that I started seeing these awesome threads, Holy Grail threads. That was something that couldn’t even been explained in words. Seeing those threads was like seeing sun in Seattle, something you think you would never see! I tried to pitch in to those as much as I could because I thought they were so darn awesome! By this time I was so normal about going on the club every day and talking with all my friends on there. I really wanted to start my own Holy Grail, so I had some people help me organize it and it happened and it was a lot of fun! By the end of the year I had gotten and given to so many great people on the board! My family and friends thought I was crazy when I would talk about the Ten Club! But then the coolest thing ever happened, I was the person getting the Holy Grail!!! I felt like I was the luckiest person in the world!!!! I was so amazed, it didn’t even know how to react, and I was so speechless. I didn’t know how generous and giving and kind and thoughtful and funny and amazing a community is, you guys are totally the best!!! Oh and by the way, the Box Set is amazing. All of the bonus songs are great, you can tell the difference with the re master songs, the book is really cool with all of the old pictures, and the cassette tape was AWESOME! And the vinyl was amazing!!! The box set was even better then I imagined, it looks so cool sitting next to my Ten box set. When I was opening everything it was like a mini Christmas for me, one of the best days ever!!! But it didn’t stop there. Later on when Eddie announces solo tour dates something else really cool happens; any Grail was started for me to get Ed tickets!!! My first though was I don’t deserve this and this shouldn’t happen. But when it did I was so amazed!!! I have never seen Pearl Jam before, I saw Mike and Jeff in Tres Mts but that is all. So this is my first time seeing Eddie and I am sooooooo excited!!!! I am going with my mom and she is equally excited, she loves Eddie and Pearl Jam and has never seen them live either so she is also very excited. Here is a message she wrote just for you guys!
I just wanted to send out a big thank you to the Ten Club for all of the generosity that you've shown Rico. It is truly heartening to see such a generous, supportive community as the Ten Club. It was so generous of you guys to get Rico the box set, it is super cool. And Rico and I are pumped up to see Eddie Vedder for the first time! You guys are the tops!

Valerie (Rico's mom)

You guys are the absolute best!!! Each and every one of you, but here are some close friends that I just want to give a special thanks to!

Loulou
Pearl Drummer
EZ1221C
Veddertown
Mfc2006
Eyejacker
Black Diamond
Dimitrispearljam
Lukin Fan
theserialthilla
Leeze
PJ-Cubs
Justinschanz1982
drOptheleash
Paulina87
Number1pjfan
elwayvedder
Marta
OGT92
Gfnk001
Jeremyspoken
Newch91
Dwhite96
Rafie
Molten_toothpaste
Kilgore_Trout

There are probably a lot of people I forgot to mention and even if I didn’t mention you I still would like to thank everyone for being AWESOME!!! In the future when I am old and I have kids I will definitely be telling them about all of this! (They well of course be fans of PJ and already have memberships; Analog.) Whenever I am having a bad day I just think of every awesome thing you guys do and I feel so much better! When I think about every single thing you guys do for me I feel tears of joy coming on, even seeing everybody being nice to everyone else makes feel great that I am apart of this out of this world community. So from the bottom of my hear I want to say thanks to everyone on here and I wish everyone a great PJ20!!!!

Sincerely,

Rico (thefixer9)
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    so psyched for you, Rico!!!! i was happy to help!

now....
    go do your homework! :lol:

take care, man!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    mfc2006 wrote:
    so psyched for you, Rico!!!! i was happy to help!

now....
    go do your homework! :lol:

take care, man!
    Matt
    :lol::lol::lol: Thanks! And no homework for me, it was a sick day! :sick: But I'm doing better now! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    8-)
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    You deserve it. Have fun at Eddie!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:
    You deserve it. Have fun at Eddie!

Thanks Eric!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,617
    Rico your the fuckin man :D
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    edited April 2011
    You're welcome. You're a really cool person to know and glad I can help you with those albums.
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Your a good friend and you deserve it mate. I expect a big review from your Eddie show though! :lol: I'm so excited for you, I think I'm actually more excited for you than I was for me and I was pretty damn excited!! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    .....anyone wanna send me a gas card? congrats and have a great time man!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    You're a great kid, it's obvious Rico. You deserve all the compliments, and items which you receive.

Have fun at the Benaroya show with your Mom! Both of your parents seem like great people.

If during that show you should develop a tear or two when you finally see Ed.. remember.. it's actually happening :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6YE3xkdPR4
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

manutd3581 wrote:
    .....anyone wanna send me a gas card? congrats and have a great time man!

:lol: Thanks!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    YOU are the awesome one Rico!
    I'm always so happy to see new young fans like you getting to know the band and the board and being as psyched as I am every single day that we should be so lucky :)
    Peace,
    jo
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    You're a great kid, it's obvious Rico. You deserve all the compliments, and items which you receive.

Have fun at the Benaroya show with your Mom! Both of your parents seem like great people.

If during that show you should develop a tear or two when you finally see Ed.. remember.. it's actually happening :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6YE3xkdPR4

Thanks Brian!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I think I make the most jokes about how young you are. But all thats sacred comes from youth :D . You are a great kid and seem to be raised by great parents. Always be truthful and keep your excitement about life. Your on the right path. Now what Matt said. Go do your home work :lol:
    Great post Rico :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
    dwhite76 wrote:
    I think I make the most jokes about how young you are. But all thats sacred comes from youth :D . You are a great kid and seem to be raised by great parents. Always be truthful and keep your excitement about life. Your on the right path. Now what Matt said. Go do your home work :lol:
    Great post Rico :D
    :lol: Thanks!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Hi Rico! Hi Mom!!
    Even though i've been a member for a while, I only started participating a few months back..
    Everything you say about everyone here Rico, is absolutely true!
    This is an awesome community, and you are an awesome part of it dude!!

So stoked you'll be seeing Ed soon!!
    It was so wrong that you hadn't seen him yet, and now that he's coming home, well... it had to be done!!
    Glad to be a part of it!!
    :D
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I'm just giving because I need a baby sitter at PJ20 :mrgreen:

J/K So happy you are going to get to experience Ed solo :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Rico - You are the man.

I am thrilled to see that you got tickets to see EV. It should be an incredible show.
    :wave:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've said this before in response to one of your posts a few months ago and it still holds true...

Your posts bring a smile to my face.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Awww Rico, YOU'RE the tops! haha! You totally deserve it, so enjoy it and don't ever feel like you're not worthy. Maybe Ed's been following your threads and he'll give you a special shout out at the show :D:D

SO happy to help, can't wait to hear about how much you and your mama loved EV experience... I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, can't help it! Very happy for you, such a wonderful and generous person, a kid after my own heart! ;)
  • gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Dude, move to WV where I teach and take my theatre classes. You'd get your fill of PJ in school and then at home too. You are an amazing young man spreading the love. Keep it up.

steve
    I've said this before in response to one of your posts a few months ago and it still holds true...

Your posts bring a smile to my face.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Thanks!!!That post brought a smile to me face, see: :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

Awww Rico, YOU'RE the tops! haha! You totally deserve it, so enjoy it and don't ever feel like you're not worthy. Maybe Ed's been following your threads and he'll give you a special shout out at the show :D:D

SO happy to help, can't wait to hear about how much you and your mama loved EV experience... I know I'm jumping the gun a bit, can't help it! Very happy for you, such a wonderful and generous person, a kid after my own heart! ;)

awwwww!!! Thank you so much!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: That was so kind!! And if Eddie did that then I would freak out!! Thanks again, that an awesome post! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Ms Valerie you raised a great kid,that can be a great man as well..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    It's great to see you enjoying the community ... and wonderful to see a young man so kind and generous.

Was a little younger than you when I got into the band and now *cough* a few :P *cough* years later still following them around ... as I'm sure you will be.

... and I also understand the feeling of not feeling worthy when you see your name connected with a holy grail :oops: ... this place and the people that make it a community are AWESOME! :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    chime wrote:
    Was a little younger than you when I got into the band and now *cough* a few *cough* years later still following them around

:lol:

You're a good kid Rico. I hope your mum is very proud, I would be :D
    Ms Valerie you raised a great kid,that can be a great man as well..
    :mrgreen: Thanks!! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

chime wrote:
    It's great to see you enjoying the community ... and wonderful to see a young man so kind and generous.

Was a little younger than you when I got into the band and now *cough* a few :P *cough* years later still following them around ... as I'm sure you will be.

... and I also understand the feeling of not feeling worthy when you see your name connected with a holy grail :oops: ... this place and the people that make it a community are AWESOME! :mrgreen:

It sure is something isn't it? :D Thanks!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12