• Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    metsfan wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    just do what Ed did.

gal_s_eddie_vedder.jpg
    Become the dude?
    i haven't seen the dude in a longtime on here. :lol::lol:

So beautiful...For a second I forgot why I was on this thread...

Oh yeah, Propecia. A friend of mine with thinning hair, kind of the way you described yours, was taking propecia and it really worked. I saw it myself. He definately grew more hair. I do recommend biotin too, definately improves overall hair quality but I don't think it's as effective when it comes to re-growth. I've been taking it for years and I notice my hair grows faster and is a little bit thicker than it used to be, not sure if there's actually more of it though.
    However, if it gets too thin, or patchy...just shave it all off. The clown-do is so not hot.
    equgb7.jpg
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Suzi78 wrote:

So beautiful...For a second I forgot why I was on this thread...
    save those thoughts for a different thread :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Gob wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    just do what Ed did.

gal_s_eddie_vedder.jpg
    Become the dude?

5331056111_bf52c0688b_z.jpg
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    DPrival78 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    just do what Ed did.

gal_s_eddie_vedder.jpg
    Become the dude?

5331056111_bf52c0688b_z.jpg
    i say he looks more like the cowardly lion
    CowardlyLion.jpg
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:
    I recommend liberally applying glue all over your head.
    ok claire... now what? do i just sit until this all dries or should i keep massaging it into my scalp? :|

Just let it dry, then reapply when necessary. Will keep everything in place - although I don't recommend putting a hat on whilst it's still tacky.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Claireack wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    I recommend liberally applying glue all over your head.
    ok claire... now what? do i just sit until this all dries or should i keep massaging it into my scalp? :|

Just let it dry, then reapply when necessary. Will keep everything in place - although I don't recommend putting a hat on whilst it's still tacky.
    i might go roll around on my barber's floor... pick up what i can
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • WaveRyder wrote:
    My receding hairline is receding too far.

What can I do. Rogain makes hair grow again. What makes the hair loss stop? I've heard you gotta hit it from both sides. Any suggestions? Most PJ fans that have been around since the beginning probably know a thing or two about going bald.
    Fuck it. Don't stress out over it. I drove myself crazy over it. Then I got a fucked up hair cut one day, and I shaved it. It's better shaved. Embrace my balding brother. ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    it's called getting older.

my advice--go with a number 3. best thing i've ever done.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this where evolution can get it wrong a bit... woman spends shitloads of money on removing hair from places and men spend shitloads of money on things to put hair back into places... and with such logic as that I suggest you start taking hormone replacement tablets, grow back the hair and have the bonus of some new boobies to play about with.

no need to PM me with a thank you.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    this where evolution can get it wrong a bit... woman spends shitloads of money on removing hair from places and men spend shitloads of money on things to put hair back into places... and with such logic as that I suggest you start taking hormone replacement tablets, grow back the hair and have the bonus of some new boobies to play about with.

...dunk was working on that one for 4 days

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:

...dunk was working on that one for 4 days

:lol:

tut tut ... such envy of a rapid wit will ultimately destroy you Jugglington. ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    WaveRyder wrote:

What can I do. Rogain makes hair grow again. What makes the hair loss stop? I've heard you gotta hit it from both sides. Any suggestions? Most PJ fans that have been around since the beginning probably know a thing or two about going bald.

Don't give it another thought, just be yourself and the very best you can be,
    appreciate that.

People will see your inner beauty and those that can't, aren't worth knowing.

And men with less hair, their eyes are even more lovely ....
    It's all in how you look at things :D
  • WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    appie wrote:
    Just go bald by shaving it off...i was getting grey hair( yes oldie :D ) and look shaved 10 years younger..
    And saves dinero at the barber too....and......Girls like bald men.. 8-)

It is true, we do. :D

Some say it is a sign of virility ;)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    get this product called Caboki!

http://www.caboki.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbF5tBCBRr0

came across this ad while watching some youtube videos
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I've had a receding hairline for a long while now, since shortly after birth I believe. I've been shaving my hair for about the past 15 years. I've tried to grow it out again,maybe cover up the receding part and I just get to that in between stage where my hair don't want to do anything but stand straight up... So I just shave it again. I wouldn't know how to style it anyways. But the thing that's been really pissing me off lately is the fact that I wake up and my hair is all screwed up. How does that happen? My heads shaved ??? :D .
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Pushing 32 and mine is the same as it was when I was 18.

I hope to god it stays that way! Don't want to be a baldy! Sorry...baldies! :D
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I should go totally bald just for a while
  • I should go totally bald just for a while

I'm bald. Woke up when I was 17 with a big clump of hair on my pillow. Started shaving my head that day and have been bald since.

Actually when I was 25 and still picking up sweet chicks I was using that hair in a can shit. It didn't work too well, the woman would run their hands through my hair and their hands would be black.

Kidding about the spray hair but a funny scenario
  • WaveRyder wrote:

I can speak to this truthfully as I am bald.

You have 3 choices
    1.waste money on Rogain and plugs.
    2.shave it off, bald is cool
    3.go the Costanza route. Chicks dig comb overs
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    I'm not going bald. ever.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mca47 wrote:
    Pushing 32 and mine is the same as it was when I was 18.

I hope to god it stays that way! Don't want to be a baldy! Sorry...baldies! :D

You lucky bastard!

Recently started going with the shaved head look. I wish I would have done this years ago!

moved on to a number 2 about a year ago and haven't looked back.

feel so much freer :lol: don't have to worry about the wind, hat heads, how it looks when getting out of the pool or something, yada.yada.yada.

plus i've probably saved over $400 bucks with cutting it myself these last couple years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRmExS5TqE0uUf1HxHso_8PNsqSNgEe8stjZNkcOs1uuyvaD9ysg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

moved on to a number 2 about a year ago and haven't looked back.

feel so much freer :lol: don't have to worry about the wind, hat heads, how it looks when getting out of the pool or something, yada.yada.yada.

plus i've probably saved over $400 bucks with cutting it myself these last couple years.

I went down from the 3 to the 2 to the 1. Now I'm at the 1/2. It's great.
    well i am actually at a 1 for the back and sides. just a 2 on top.

i don't think i will ever start shaving the scalp though. too many weird bumps and shit up there. i'd go to work bleeding every day. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    WaveRyder wrote:

I can speak to this truthfully as I am bald.

You have 3 choices
    1.waste money on Rogain and plugs.
    2.shave it off, bald is cool
    3.go the Costanza route. Chicks dig comb overs

or this

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=154402&start=45#p4826477
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    Still have taken no measures except that Nioxin stuff. It doesn't work. But it makes me feel better. Ha. Eventually it'll be shaves, but I'm making it work right now.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2