Pearl Jam Sightings

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    ehbacon said:

I'm 15 if that's any consolation, I have a lot of friends who like Pearl Jam. There is plenty of hope ;)

Yay! Spread the joy!

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Walked into a bar last night while they were playing nothing man on the PA.

Please tell me you were accompanied by a rabbi and a horse.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    ehbacon said:
    And yes - read about this, this morning. Thanks!

He's so endearingly earnest.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    It's great to see Ed having so much fun singing. Hopefully more shows than just the South American ones this year.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Not a 'sighting' per say...was on my anniversary vacation over the weekend, walked in a bar and the bartender asked if we liked SG. (Was wearing a SG shirt) 'yeah'...then tells us Spoonman lives next door, and he used to wait on all the guys when they came in. Ed, Jeff, Mike, Chris...started talking about Andy, where the guys would play...the various bands. Interesting guy...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    edited May 2015
    Saw Eddie and Matt at the Sleater Kinney show in Seattle on Thursday. They were about five feet away from me but nobody bothered them the entire show. Thought Ed might sing a song as they set up an extra microphone (that never got used). Afterwards, a few people, including myself, quickly said hi and got a handshake. He was wearing a "Sleater Kinney is for Lovers" t-shirt, haha. Awesome show by the way and I got the pick Corin used for most of the show. They sound as good as ever.
    Post edited by quasi on
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    quasi said:

Saw Eddie, his wife and Matt at the Sleater Kinney show in Seattle on Thursday. They were about five feet away from me but nobody bothered them the entire show. Thought Ed might sing a song as they set up an extra microphone (that never got used). Afterwards, a few people, including myself, quickly said hi and got a handshake. He was wearing a "Sleater Kinney is for Lovers" t-shirt, haha. Awesome show by the way and I got the pick Corin used for most of the show. They sound as good as ever.

Now THAT'S a sighting!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    edited May 2015
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Thread over.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Co worker i've never met was wearing a VS album cover t shirt tonight. I walked up to him and our mutual love of the band led to a lenghthy conversation. Both got chewed out by our respective supurvisors for not working,lol. Nice to randomly meet a fellow hard core fan.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    joseph33 said:

Co worker i've never met was wearing a VS album cover t shirt tonight. I walked up to him and our mutual love of the band led to a lenghthy conversation. Both got chewed out by our respective supurvisors for not working,lol. Nice to randomly meet a fellow hard core fan.

That IS cool!
  • kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358

Thread lover.

:hug:
  • DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    I was at my daughter's dance recital rehearsal yesterday and a woman walked in with the green and yellow pj needle shirt on. I complimented her shirt and wished I would've had the cajones to start up a pj conversation with her, but I didn't want to seem any more socially akward than I already feel I am. I was excited though because I live in a town of about 6,500, so any fellow fan sightings are rare!!!
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Saw a fellow Ten Club member driving to work the other day, rocking the 2013 Ten Club sticker on the back windshield. I thought, hmm, so I'm NOT the only one..
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    in Kitchener today, after 4-430ish, driving up hwy 8 and then taking the off ramp onto hwy 7, hello white Mazda (I believe- maybe toyota) with the stickman in the back window.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • senorsacsenorsac Posts: 5
    Had a new student in the gym a couple years ago wearing a Lightning Bolt t-shirt. I thought to myself, no way this fifth grader went to see PJ. I immediately made conversation with him, and yes his parents took him to the LA 1 show. He told me he had backstage passes and got EV's autograph on a hat amongst other items....told him I saw them play a few days later in Portland/Spokane. Needless to say, for the next year and a half when he came to physical education class twice a week we had PJ playing during our warm-up activity. Great kid....
  • chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    Went to a Rush concert in Montréal on the 21st. Before the show i went to a pub and came across a fellow Jammer with the Wrigley Field shirt... we talked about the show... his girlfriend was sick that night so when the storm hit the stadium he went back to the hotel... and he checked here later that night to see that PJ came back on stage... Stayed with his girlfriend at the hotel... holly cow he missed it!

Missing that show his so cruel... but was able to persuate his gf to go at the Brooklyn night 1 to compensate....

Showed me some pictures of the Wrigley Field show... ouch... you could see the pain in his eyes....

Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    again today driving at the intersection of franklin/canamera here in cambridge, a beige rav4 with two stickmen and a play jusbreth license plate.....i waved and said hellllllllllllooooooooooooooo! but you gave me the finger ...lol just kidding, I did wave though and point at plate...must have thought i was nuts.. lol

must be a sign PJ are coming to ontario soon....lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Saw this today in Manitou, on my way up to hike the Incline. Had to do
    A double take!!
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Saw a fellow Ten Club member at the Edmonton Folk Festival Sunday rocking his I Am Analog shirt!
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Rare sighting of some cars with PJ stickers at Burg Herzberg Hippie Festival !

Found two faked Lost Dog vinyls for ~85$ each. Nothing original only faked stuff like picture discs etc. Oh and one Avocado and one Riot Act! Have to say...my heart skipped a beat...in the first moment lol
    edited August 2015
    Traded PJ tatts with my an employee from my mechanic shop today! That was cool!
    saw a guy wearing a binaural shirt walking out of last nights Foo Fighters concert, had a nice exchange with him.

One of these:
    found a fellow ten clubber on twitch.tv today, his name was pearljamming and we chatted a bit, if you see this post!
    I saw you walking on California Ave stooping to pick up your dog's business while carrying a subway sammich. You had a cool PJ20 emblem embroidered on your jacket sleeve. Like not a patch you buy in the shop and stick on your jacket...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Missouri Plates personalized with YIELD
    Pearl Jam Sonics style sticker on the back window
    Parked by Subway on California Ave.
    ...you're a long way from home buddy.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my brother sent me a cellphone pic of the van driving in front of him a while back with a license plate that read "PRLJAM", asking if it was me. also was at the mall and saw someone in a 10 of Clubs hoodie.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Saw a guy at an Eau Claire basketball game with last years analog shirt, went up to him to say hi :)
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    edited February 2016
    quasi said:

Saw Eddie and Matt at the Sleater Kinney show in Seattle on Thursday.

quasi said:

He was wearing a "Sleater Kinney is for Lovers" t-shirt, haha.

Ed better watch out, the dorks that still worship a 20+ year old movie will not be happy about this.