Options

Pearl Jam Sightings

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    pljam said:

I live in Melbourne Australia and my rego plate on my car is PLJAM about two years ago a car past me hitting the horn with a thumbs up gesture,as he got in front I saw his rego plate was PRLJAM,we pulled over and shot the shit about the obvious,exchanged numbers ,was a great guy

That's cool !
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Yesterday I saw a car driving around Wollongong with a PJ sticker and a NSW number plate Pearl Jam. A silver Tarago I tried to wave at the lady driver as I drove past but she didn't see me. I was playing the Milan 2014 boot at the time! If that was you hello :wink:
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Almost sighting... A co-worker says the car in front of her in the drive-thru had a license plate with my guy on it. My guy? Yeah, you know, your guy (pointing to a newspaper clipping). Oh, EV, cool. Here, I took a pic, she says showing me her phone. The license plate read DRTHVDR. Um, no. That's neat, but no.
    :lol:
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    Last night I had the opportunity to go to a taping of That Metal Show in NYC, you know, the one that Mike McCready was on last season. Well, one of the segments was 'The Throwdown', and it was Pearl Jam vs. Soundgarden. The panel included hosts Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine, with guests Taylor Momsen (The Pretty Reckless), Mark Tremonti (Creed, Alter Bridge, Tremonti) and Frank Hanon (Tesla). They had two minutes to discuss who they liked more and why. A very interesting take on their selections and reasonings.

I could totally spoil it, but if you want to check it out, it airs on Saturday at 9pm on VH1 Classic. I'm pretty sure you can hear me scream 'Yeah!' when they polled the audience on who they liked more. Based on the hosts, format, guests and the audience, don't be surprised at the results. I'm sure there will be some criticism and perhaps a thread or two on it. And the haters. Don't forget about the haters.

I also saw a pink stickman on a white car this weekend in Rockaway, NJ by the Home Depot.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited March 2015
    i NEVER see other PJ fans here. Not once, except on concert day. :frowning: I'm always on the lookout though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    Ed Byrne, an Irish comedian, was wearing a PJ shirt again, this time on his new series on BBC

Next time PJ are in the UK or Ireland we should get him involved in a wishlist pre-party!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    On Jeopardy one night last week. Answer: Eddie Vedder and this Jam band had hit with a grunged out version of "Last Kiss". The first contestatn buzzed in and said "who is Van Halen" . The second contestant got it right.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    BEETLE!
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Sunday night, I saw a guy wearing a PJ tuque in a Pennywise show. :plus_one:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I had a student identify the set lists in my office as Pearl Jam's. Score one for the millenial generation.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Me and a guy who worked at the store I just bought a guitar from had a nice conversation about Into The Wild and Ukulele Songs. The guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard if anybody is wondering :)
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I had a student identify the set lists in my office as Pearl Jam's. Score one for the millenial generation.

:plus_one:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

There's HOPE!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm 15 if that's any consolation, I have a lot of friends who like Pearl Jam. There is plenty of hope ;)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

BEETLE!

Beetle deigned to visit - and comment?

Bullshti.

=)

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    I keep seeing a black Toyota 4Runner with a huge PJ sticker on my way home here in Portland from around Beaverton/Nike Campus.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    mfc2006 said:

I keep seeing a black Toyota 4Runner with a huge PJ sticker on my way home here in Portland from around Beaverton/Nike Campus.

Chase them down and demand that they discuss Pearl Jam with you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    PJ_Soul said:

mfc2006 said:

Chase them down and demand that they discuss Pearl Jam with you.
    hahaha!

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    On the new show on Spike called lip-sync battle, they have a bunch of vinyls displayed in the background and Ten is one of them! Also, on the CSN program Blackhawks All Access they do a feature on Corey Crawford and they play Not For You.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It wasn't necessarily a "sighting" but tonight on That Metal Show, Max Cavalera discussed how he proceeded to vomit on Eddie Vedder's legs. He didn't mean to. Still, a good story that I didn't expect to hear. Apparently Eddie was a great sport about it.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Lol!! Poor Ed!
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    deadendp said:

It wasn't necessarily a "sighting" but tonight on That Metal Show, Max Cavalera discussed how he proceeded to vomit on Eddie Vedder's legs. He didn't mean to. Still, a good story that I didn't expect to hear. Apparently Eddie was a great sport about it.

There's nothing like a good VOMIT story!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    deadendp said:

Was it in Boston?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited April 2015
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    I just got back from Turks and Caicos and ran into a guy that was wearing the cowboy riding shark shirt from Pensacola. Nice guy, I think his name is Paul, hi if you see this!
    I have also seen a grey Honda odyssey with a stickman here in Calgary.
    Kind of unrelated but back when my son was in grade 8 they were doing a poetry unit and his teacher presented Indifference for the class to discuss, It made me smile.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited April 2015
    deadendp said:

That shit was funny. Then Al gave him 3 valiums and Max doesn't remember shit after that. Said vedder was cool.

Edit-and as much as I think he's a weirdo, Corgan did say best show ever he saw, bad brains.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    Listening to Supersonic during a kids soccer game on an episode of Parenthood from 2010 (background TV only)....followed directly by "Come On Eileen"! Ha!
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    Walked into a bar last night while they were playing nothing man on the PA.
  • Options
  • Options
    ehbacon said:
    Awesome.
    Thanks for posting that.