Options

If you complained or question the 10C ticket system

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
edited April 2011 in The Porch
You need to listen to the first 17:30 of this week's all encompassing trip on PJ radio.
Its all spelled out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    the 10C sale was like a walk through an english garden compared to the garbage at TicketMaster this morning. it's unbelievable that a sham "business" like TM is allowed to operate in this country.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    the 10C sale was like a walk through an english garden compared to the garbage at TicketMaster this morning. it's unbelievable that a sham "business" like TM is allowed to operate in this country.
    That is another question. I am still shocked that the merger of LN and TM was approved. Talk about good ole boys politics. That happened under the Obama presidency right? Outrageous.

A lot of folks happened to score tix today. Just not for the second night at the beacon. I was able to get some pretty good seats for the first night. I think they delayed the onsale by a few minutes to thwart the scalper software. And truthfully, TM was a heck of a lot easier than the 10c sale.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Get_Right wrote:
    You need to listen to the first 17:30 of this week's all encompassing trip on PJ radio.
    Its all spelled out.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PG9KKAI
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

I heard it yesterday and I appreciate Tim's explanation and sincerity. I really hope they dont go to a lottery next time. As long as you pay attention to the sale times and keep trying, you at least have a chance at tickets.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

So what could be the solution to this issue going forward with PJ shows do we all have to get used to the idea of just using ticket brokers ....or like i said i will allways give my extra away to someone who knows and has the time get tickets for the presales ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    norm wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

I heard it yesterday and I appreciate Tim's explanation and sincerity. I really hope they dont go to a lottery next time. As long as you pay attention to the sale times and keep trying, you at least have a chance at tickets.

+1 I really appreciate Tim coming on each week and sharing more info on what they are facing from their side of things.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

+1 I really appreciate Tim coming on each week and sharing more info on what they are facing from their side of things.
    Yea, i do too. It was really great that they took a little time to address it on the show. There was a database programming issue that they didnt know existed until the ticket blitz started.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    norm wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

I usually listen to AET Sunday night, I'll be sure to listen this week. If there's talk of lottery, then I guess that's what I'll have to live with. I'll say this though...club member since '96 and have only been shut out of only one 10C sale and that was the Ed Lottery in '09 for the Tower. And I use Internet explorer and the Back / Refresh buttons (which I've read are all no-nos). Like you said, I think it's more pay attention to times and having a clean machine. Get rid of the Internet crap on your machine.

As for the "in the cart, then gone crowd"...I've never experienced that, and hope never to, I have no answer for that and can understand the frustration.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Yea, i do too. It was really great that they took a little time to address it on the show. There was a database programming issue that they didnt know existed until the ticket blitz started.

honestly, I think that's gonna happen anytime they add a new twist (in this case, the one show limit). I hope they just keep it as simple as possible. I thought the one show limit would make tickets much easier, but that didnt happen.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Thanks norm! :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Its all spelled out.

I usually listen to AET Sunday night, I'll be sure to listen this week. If there's talk of lottery, then I guess that's what I'll have to live with. I'll say this though...club member since '96 and have only been shut out of only one 10C sale and that was the Ed Lottery in '09 for the Tower. And I use Internet explorer and the Back / Refresh buttons (which I've read are all no-nos). Like you said, I think it's more pay attention to times and having a clean machine. Get rid of the Internet crap on your machine.

As for the "in the cart, then gone crowd"...I've never experienced that, and hope never to, I have no answer for that and can understand the frustration.

Same here, I go to multiple shows every tour. Usually all the northeast shows. I too have had tremendous success!! I have ordered tickets for Pearl jam/Vedder 28 times since 2003 based on my order history. I am at 26/28 I have only been shut out twice!!! I got shut out Philly night 3 2009 and I think maybe MSG one year.I definitely dont want a lottery. But if its going to happen, I can deal with it for Vedder, not with regular Pearl Jam shows though.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

So what could be the solution to this issue going forward with PJ shows do we all have to get used to the idea of just using ticket brokers ....or like i said i will allways give my extra away to someone who knows and has the time get tickets for the presales ....
    there is no simple solution-acquiring 10c tix now takes a bit of luck and a bit of technique
    Like Tim said, you want to wait to find out if you hit a ticket lottery while the regular onsales happen?
    Or worse wait until they sort through mail orders?
    the 10c is not about invest in a major server a la amazon, TM or ebay

and by the way got two for Beacon 1 ;)
  • Options
    ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    it was super cool that they addressed the issue and gave a sincere apology, it's also nice to hear their perspective on things and to know that they're always trying to improve the process.
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Options
    trevedtreved Los Angeles Posts: 24
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its all spelled out.

there is no simple solution-acquiring 10c tix now takes a bit of luck and a bit of technique
    Like Tim said, you want to wait to find out if you hit a ticket lottery while the regular onsales happen?
    Or worse wait until they sort through mail orders?
    the 10c is not about invest in a major server a la amazon, TM or ebay

and by the way got two for Beacon 1 ;)

They don't have to invest in major servers. There are tons of companies like www.cloudflare.com that will make sure your servers never crash, for a nominal fee. I think they charge $100/year. That's peanuts.
    (1)Vancouver 7/19/98; (2) Seattle 7/22/98; (3) Jones Beach 8/24/2000; (4) Bridge School 10/21/01; (5) Seattle 12/8/02; (6) Denver 4/1/03; (7) Philadelphia 4/28/03; (8) Uniondale 4/30/03; (9) Camden 7/6/03; (10) NY 7/8/03; (11) NY 7/9/03; (12) Boston 9/28/04; (13) Vancouver 9/2/05; (14) LA 7/9/06; (15) LA 7/10/06; (16) Seattle 9/21/09; (17) Seattle 9/22/09; (18) LA 9/30/09; (19) LA 10/1/09; (20) LA 10/6/09; (21) 10/7/09; (22) San Diego 11/21/13; (23) LA 11/24/13; (24) Miami 4/9/16; (25) Seattle 8/8/18; (26) Seattle 8/10/18; (27) San Diego 5/3/22; (28) LA 5/7/22; (29) Zurich 6/23/22
  • Options
    treved wrote:

They don't have to invest in major servers. There are tons of companies like http://www.cloudflare.com that will make sure your servers never crash, for a nominal fee. I think they charge $100/year. That's peanuts.
    Right. And no charges when they surpass a certain usage? Not buying it. And no insiders stealing tickets.
    Sounds good in theory.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    this is a very intresting thread to read..cheers to the friend in NY start it. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Refresh my memory... what is the lottery system?
  • Options
    this is a very intresting thread to read..cheers to the friend in NY start it. :)
    Thanks D.
    Just the purveyor of information.

And and attempt to educate folks as to the reality. I fear that our 10C tickets may be lost in the near future.
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Get_Right wrote:
    treved wrote:
    ws-fp-1/85-styled-addons
    They don't have to invest in major servers. There are tons of companies like http://www.cloudflare.com that will make sure your servers never crash, for a nominal fee. I think they charge $100/year. That's peanuts.
    Right. And no charges when they surpass a certain usage? Not buying it. And no insiders stealing tickets.
    Sounds good in theory.

No way can they guarantee that. If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale you may be interested in. I've seen google, Facebook, eBay, YouTube etc crash. It happens to the best from time to time.

The number of calls on the databases would have been huge and all those hitting f5 over and over, opening multiple sessions on different browsers and different computers (and hitting f5) on them just makes it even worse .
  • Options
    ME18544ME18544 Posts: 25
    Get_Right wrote:
    Thanks D.
    Just the purveyor of information.

And and attempt to educate folks as to the reality. I fear that our 10C tickets may be lost in the near future.

The ten club will never do away with the fan club tickets?....One simple reason why it won't happen...Because, the ten club wouldn't have but a handful of members left...The ten club makes a fortune off merchandise sales...Those merchandise sales would go down with less members...Majority of the fan club members are in the 10c for fan club tickets..Not for a fan club single or deep magazine..
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    . I fear that our 10C tickets may be lost in the near future.
    all this years band choose how to play the game..i think they respect alot their fans and will try the best..and give us the best they can
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    it may not be their choice. seems like TicketMaster is running the show more and more every year.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Get_Right wrote:
    all this years band choose how to play the game..i think they respect alot their fans and will try the best..and give us the best they can

Do you really think the 10c is doing the best they can on the ticket process?..Fan club members have been complaining about this ticket process for years...But, the ten club hasn't done anythign to try and improve it..
    Post edited by ME18544 on
  • Options
    ME18544 wrote:
    The ten club will never do away with the fan club tickets?....One simple reason why it won't happen...Because, the ten club wouldn't have but a handful of members left...The ten club makes a fortune off merchandise sales...Those merchandise sales would go down with less members...Majority of the fan club members are in the 10c for fan club tickets..Not for a fan club single or deep magazine..
    not because of the 10C, but because of Tm/Ln

Its not about merch or fan club fees.

At some point the battle of 93-94 may be revisited. The secondary market is capturing billions of dollars that TM/LN want to claim for themselves. Unfortunately, the bulk of that money comes from the prime seats that the 10c seeks to distribute to its fans in the 10c. I fear that TM/LN will eventually extract a price that is just too high for the fans to bear. In the middle of a recession TM and LN are happy to have packed arenas while giving up a small percentage of the good seats to the fan club. But will that still be true if the economy turns around? I do not have a lot of faith in the altruistic nature of TM and LN. Make no mistake, they want to extract every dollar they can from every seat. Giving tix to the 10C defeats that purpose.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    10 club is the only CLUB I have ever joined...
    even when shut out...
    Well thanks again, cheers to the VITALOGY HEALTH CLUB http://www.lukin.com/Information/fanclub.html
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    it may not be their choice. seems like TicketMaster is running the show more and more every year.

We have a winner.

This industry is really tanking w/ TM in charge. 10c have their hands tied and take a ton of shit for stuff that may not be their fault.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    ME18544 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

Do you really think the 10c is doing the best they can on the ticket process?..Fan club members have been complaining about this ticket process for years...But, the ten club hasn't done anythign to try and improve it..
    yes they do,,they have every time fan club ticket in every venue in the planet!!!!!....they played from asia to australia,to europe,to usa,canada,s,america and always 10c members get the best seats,or have early entrance at GA show...all members cant score tickets,...we know that before we be members or renew membership..if they can have and control all 20.000 at ,lets say MSG all the members will be happy wanna see pj at ny..but they cant..at least 1st 2nd row ,9th and 10th are fellow 10clubbers+ some of the best seat in the house..thats ok for me..and all that till previous years was with 20$ + deep magazine +holiday vinyl...
  • Options
    I appreciate the fan club tickets the 10c offers..But, your kidding yourself...If you don't think they could improve the ticket process...
  • Options
    Well it was acknowledged and he did seem sincere in his apology which is cool. But nothing's changed. I can only speak for myself when I say its not the losing out on the tickets that sucks the most, its the teases and the time wasted.

And yeah, they aren't gonna stop the presales, like that other person said previously. Membership dues and merch sales would take a nosedive and this place would be a ghost town. Money talks!
  • Options
    ME18544 wrote:
    I appreciate the fan club tickets the 10c offers..But, your kidding yourself...If you don't think they could improve the ticket process...
    i really dont care ...if i cant get fan club tix ill buy public sale,no problem..10c tix is an extra,,if i score ..cool..if not i know the other way..result,,ill be in the venue...thats all matters to me