Options

Aussie Pearl Jam Klausen towel

S.O.L.A.TS.O.L.A.T Posts: 56
edited April 2011 in Lost Dogs
I bought this a while ago and its just stays in the top of my wardrobe, never used, in a bag, safe and smoke free home, and after watching ebay for a while and not seeing anything not really sure what its worth.. any ideas superfans out there. I really want the current melbourne 1 Soto poster to match my Bris 3 and wondering if i sold this towel, would i have enough to cover the poster price the scalpers are asking?..

cheers in advance

Dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:
    I bought this a while ago and its just stays in the top of my wardrobe, never used, in a bag, safe and smoke free home, and after watching ebay for a while and not seeing anything not really sure what its worth.. any ideas superfans out there. I really want the current melbourne 1 Soto poster to match my Bris 3 and wondering if i sold this towel, would i have enough to cover the poster price the scalpers are asking?..

cheers in advance

Dave
    i read in artist page,cant remember which one that his poster will be sold at the venue and after at pearljam.com store..so you better wait to buy the poster for 30$ here in the goods section
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:

cheers in advance

Dave
    i read in artist page,cant remember which one that his poster will be sold at the venue and after at pearljam.com store..so you better wait to buy the poster for 30$ here in the goods section
    thanks Dimitris, I'll hold on to my awesome towel for a bit longer then.. use it as a last resort... lol...what you think the towel is even worth anyway?.. just curious.. it was 06 limited edition and i've not seen another one for years
  • Options
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:
    S.O.L.A.T wrote:

cheers in advance

Dave
    thanks Dimitris, I'll hold on to my awesome towel for a bit longer then.. use it as a last resort... lol...what you think the towel is even worth anyway?.. just curious.. it was 06 limited edition and i've not seen another one for years
    i dont know..i bought one in ebay but was along time ago,,cant remember the price i paid
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Is it the LA poster design (surfer/orange)

Last one I saw was $75... I remember the day they were for sale in the goods... I thought "I'll wait til the wife gets home from teaching to see if we should buy 2 or 4..." then I thougth "WTF! Where did they go" and I just started crying like a baby. I had no clue they would be gone in an hour or so. So pissed I missed them, and even more pissed that I had some in my cart and decided to wait so I wouldnt have to pay shipping twice if we decided to buy one for the kids too.... :cry:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Is it the LA poster design (surfer/orange)

Last one I saw was $75... I remember the day they were for sale in the goods... I thought "I'll wait til the wife gets home from teaching to see if we should buy 2 or 4..." then I thougth "WTF! Where did they go" and I just started crying like a baby. I had no clue they would be gone in an hour or so. So pissed I missed them, and even more pissed that I had some in my cart and decided to wait so I wouldnt have to pay shipping twice if we decided to buy one for the kids too.... :cry:

yeah thats exactly which ones they were, i bought mine in melb 06 at the concert as a oh shit I missed the poster may as well get the towel... i dont buy things as a "hope it goes up in value" items but i think this time the towel is worth more then the poster..( the ned kelly one i think that was, about $40-$60 on ebay)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I've got two we bought in Australia too. We've never used them although they don't look very absorbent. My wife would probably use hers, but I'd be less keen. I don't think they probably had very many on sale here as they looked pretty popular at the concerts.
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    how much was it when it was on sale in goods???
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    i think I paid $40 for it at the show, also have a rarish tenclub pearl jam skateboard too.. not seen another one for a long time.. i have the naom chomsky deck too from 10c.. i seem to pick up the random fun crap, but miss out on the awesome poster I want/need
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470

Items
    Product Name Qty Ret Qty Exch Qty Unit Price Total Price
    PEARL JAM AUSSIE TOUR BEACH TOWEL 1 0 0 $25.00 $25.00
    Sub-Total $25.00
    Shipping $7.50
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $32.50
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977

Items
    Sub-Total $25.00
    Shipping $7.50
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $32.50

Yep, why dont you just pour some Tabasco in my eyes while you're at it. :( ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725

Items
    Sub-Total $25.00
    Shipping $7.50
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $32.50

Got a date when these went up for sale @ the 10club store? I couldn't believe I missed the sale.

Many months later a friend gave me one as a gift. :)
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    I would be interested in an soto for Aussie towel trade. Can some one post a picture of the towel. The one i have is the orange one with LA design. Is it the same one?
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    dammit i have wanted that towel since hawaii 2006.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470
    demetrios wrote:

Items
    Sub-Total $25.00
    Shipping $7.50
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $32.50

Got a date when these went up for sale @ the 10club store? I couldn't believe I missed the sale.

It was Feb. 6, 2007.
  • Options
    bump :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    demetrios wrote:
    Items
    Sub-Total $25.00
    Shipping $7.50
    Tax $0.00
    Grand Total $32.50

It was Feb. 6, 2007.

Thanks!