Options

*!!Random Tuesday Giveaway!!* (Winners!)

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
edited March 2011 in Lost Dogs
hey there...

it's been a little while, so i thought it was time for another random giveaway. i won't say what the main prize is, but it IS a PJ item. 2nd & 3rd prize will receive a photocopy of the Easy St setlist. all you have to do to enter is talk about a great selling/trading/buying experience. that's it! i'll them draw the winners randomly and notify them through PM.

the winner will be drawn next MONDAY 3/14/11 at 4pm (Central US).

good luck,

Matt

and the winners are.....

1st (mystery PJ prize): P34RL J4MM3R
2nd & 3rd (photocopy of Easy St. setlist): boyo79, BlindMelonade

congrats! i'll pm the winners now. the sooner you send me your address, the sooner you get your prize!

i'll do another one of these soon! 8-)
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    it's free, folks. just sayin' 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    one great person got me an extra bouncy ball :)

And another friend tracked down an EV zippo that made it half way around the US before finally getting to me. Awesome ppl on this board I tell ya.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    thanks for the chance :)

my best stories come from my christmas single collection. back when i organized the original "holy grail" type present for demetrios, i was in contact with a guy(lostdawgg) on the red mosquito board over the 1991 christmas single. he didn't have an extra to spare at the time but i told him i was interested in one in the future if he can locate a better copy for himself. a few weeks passed and then he pm'd me asking for my address. next thing you know i received a perfect copy of the 1991 single in the mail for free! i was expecting to pay a fair price for it, but another fan who remains a complete stranger to me other than a few pm's went out of his way to get me a 1991 single for nothing!
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    someone on here turning me on to a free shirt for my 12 year old daughter for x-mas
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    a5pj wrote:

+1

also getting the philly "31" shirt on ebay after being stupid and not purchasing it when I had the chance at the show :oops:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Great idea for a contest Matt! Thanks! (Well 2 legends gave me a Cluthe/Lee CD)
    I have encountered so many lovely people on here who have helped me out with different PJ things (thanks to Rico for my t-shirt!!) but I did buy 3 Adelaide posters off a lovely person on here for $100, just one of them was on ebay for nearly $170. I also bought a bootleg from someone and that awesome legend put a vinyl single in there for free!! Thanks so much to you both! :D
    a5pj wrote:

+1 (thanks so much!)

Someone also gave me a PJ20 sticker!! Thanks so much to you!

(Okay, if I forgot anyone, I'm really sorry)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    I had a great experience selling a certain record to a certain someone who calls himself mfc2006. :D Does that count? There were numerous others aswell. I could go with one or all of them!!!
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    My guy, Boyo79 paid me extra for shipping. I quoted him one price and he sent me a little more to sweeten the deal. Real nice. Everyone on here does great. I've only done 8-10 deals, but I've never had a problem. Great Community.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Fenway gave me a Hartford 2008 poster, my first show and youngster gave me the DVD for the show. Awesome of them to do. I'll also throw in tremors giving me a bunch of U2 vinyls and "Joshua Tree" was one of them. :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Not really a selling/trading experience... But recently I discovered that Avocado in Greece was released with a sticker promoting PJ live in Greece back in 2006! So I sent a photo to PJCollectors http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=698 and sure enough they posted it on the site as a rarity... It is after all a 5 year old sticker, how many could still exist like that...?
    Anyway, so someone from Italy gets in touch with me on Facebook, says he is a PJ stickered items addicted collector, and asked me to track one down for him and send it off... Sure enough I did (and maybe there's a couple more bonus items in his parcel too :D )... and I'm just waiting to find out he received it!!!
    Just felt good helping a fellow collector!!

On a down note, my "mystery giveaway chain" has not arrived yet, and it's been over a month... I hope it didn't get lost in the post! :-(

Also sending my mystery gift to vduboise was a fulfilling experience...

I've yet to trade/sell/buy anything from another member... it's only a matter of time!

thanks for the chance,,, if my post even counts :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jhousnetjhousnet Posts: 47
    My best experience buying prints was when I received a few random handbills (non PJ) when I bought 2 prints!

Thanks for the giveaway!
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    every transaction with adam hill. dude is a pleasure (no homo)
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    every transaction with adam hill. dude is a pleasure (no homo)
    thats good news 4 me i just bought the benny vinyl from him...and when i get it that will be my best transaction
  • Options
    i was looking for holiday singles and a sweet member sent me 3 for nothing. you truly dont get better fans than pearl jam fans and thanks for the chance :D
  • Options
    lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,281
    got a good deal on NECON set recently from Lukin321. got South America poster from phishjam, only had to pay shipping. had many other great buys/trades/giveaways.
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• Options
    Black PearlBlack Pearl Posts: 116
    Ever since I got the bug (quite late) everyone has been extremely helpful and sharing. When I recently started collecting PJ items, someone on pjcollectors sent me, a complete stranger, a bunch of really cool items to start me off ... for free! And I know he's done this for others as well. I also joined the mystery giveaway chain and this person is going to a lot of trouble to put together something special. I myself had some spare Pearl Jam postcards I decided to send to people on this board and that turned into a much bigger project, sending 41 postcards to 12 different countries. It was really cool to see people posting the cards they received on this board.

You gotta love how other fans put in so much effort to help out a fellow fan and contribute to making this world a better place ... makes me proud to be part of this community.
    "Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change"
    (Arnhem 2006 - Antwerpen 2006 - Verona 2006 - Düsseldorf 2007 - Werchter 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Nijmegen 2010 - Amsterdam II 2012 - Berlin 2012 - EV Amsterdam I 2012)
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    3 experiences for me particularly stand out:

2-feign-reluctance: Myself & Chris messed up in the mystery gift chain thread, Chris thinking he had to send to me when it was the other way round. Anyhow we sorted it out and Chris still decided to send me a couple of sweet gifts. Top lad.

dwhite76: Back to the mystery gift chain thread, Don had to send to me. See the thread and what he sent me. 3 posters, just pure awesomeness and so kind.

garland09: we recently did a trade and my items got held up in customs and there was a charge. i pm'd Rodney about it and we agree to split the customs charge between us and even then he sent me a few dollars more.

This is just 3 examples of how cool and kind people are on here. Peace to all of you :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    edited March 2011
    I'm 0-2 with having good transactions :shock: both times, posters came bent/creased, and the sellers kept blowing off my emails to try and make things right. Oh well, not much you can do except don't do business with them again. Have made several sucessful sales/trades though :)

edit: my coffee mug went smooth as can be :D
    Post edited by weekapaug19 on
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Well ever since I have joined this club I have gotten the pleasure to have won many contest and meet the everyone here! I have also made so sweet trades with Andrew for some CD Singles and to PJtradingking for a PJ bag! Everyone here is the best! Thanks for the chance Matt!!! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    as for selling trading and stuff....one word....."arq" aka Jose

and im so happy of how friends wellcome with love my giveaways of vinyl etc...and thank you all
    thanks Matt,for the offer,good luck to all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I believe... Matt "MFC2006"we traded a few years ago. I gave you the canada 05 green Tee with the trojan horse and you gave me the Mexico poster from 03. Came in GREAT condition!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I'm also rather new, but I got drawn into the giving spirit on these boards by participating in quite a few Holy Grail collections so far - it is always a heartwarming and rewarding experience to feel that you can join others to make someone happy. I myself also profited from the generosity of my fellow tenclubbers a lot by getting sweet gifts and lots of good music :D

And a sweet guy offered to pick up a vinyl for me that wasn't available in my country, got it for me and sent it to my place!

The love and generosity of this community overwhelms me all the time ...

As for 10c - I am always excited when I get a package from Seattle! Here's to happy future buying / trading experiences :D

Thanks for the chance and good luck to all! :wave:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    too many good ones to pick out one in fears of hurting the feelings of others!

but let's just say ALL OF YOU for making me feel the way you all did with the holy grail offering to me
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Got a free T-shirt and some goodies at the Chicago shows in 09 from a fellow fan - totally unexpected! I'd love to meet him again someday so I can give him some free PJ merch.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    My best experience was just a regular old B+P for the Philly 2005 DVD....It was the first time I've ever done one and the moment I received my DVD's in the mail and popped them in the player, I was in heaven reliving one of the greatest concerts of my life.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i've been fortunate enough to deal with a lot of people around here... never had a bad experience

when i first joined the boards back in '02 or '03 someone sent me a binaural jersey for free right around the holidays... even threw in a nice little ornament and note

recently traded my ITW vinyl for the '00 cali trio and WPB '98 and am much happier looking at the art everyday and enjoying the music on my ipod :)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I am always amazed by how generous the people on the boards are.

A couple months ago a bunch of people sent me their extra CD singles from their mystery grab bags to help me complete my collection of singles. Then another awesome person from the boards filled an entire hard drive with 50+ boots from 2000 - 2003 for me.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I too, like a few other members just started collecting PJ stuff (been almost a year now)...I've had one particular member help me out by looking for Xmas singles for me and pointing me in the direction for ebay (and he lets me know if it's a good price or not)....I only need 2 singles to complete my collection! This same person even sent me a few 7" and a CD single...I only just started posting on the boards....there are some great people on here!

thanks Matt!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    i just won a t shirt and am made up but it was my sons bday yesterday and i was able to give him some maple leaf stuff thanks to polaris_x who sent me a couple of things .
    i love the way people are on here so cheers all and good luck. :D
  • Options
    BUMP! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com