Options

While were on the TV show topic . . . Most underrated

FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,917
edited March 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
We've discussed shows canceled too soon and shows that should be canceled (or stations for that matter ;) ). So now it's time for most underrated TV shows . . .

http://screencrave.com/2011-03-02/top-1 ... -tv-shows/

I, myself, watch or watched five of the ten on the list in that article. Three (SoA, FNL, and Psych) of the shows listed are not available with the satellite package that I have, but I know that if I felt so inclined to tack another $50+ dollars onto my bill I could, and probably would, watch them as well.

What, in your opinion, are shows that you feel are underrated (and why, if you feel so inclined)?
"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Fringe & Hawaii 5-0 are both great shows.
    My concern is fringe got moved to Friday nights (which is a show killer)
    Hope they don't kill it.
    Gibson1972
  • Options
    I love Five-O :lol: It's kinda cheesy, but man the scenery is freakin' amazing. I watch Supernatural on Friday. I was in the midst of a move when Fringe began so missed quite a few episodes and never got back to it. However, I purchased seasons one & two on DVD, so hopefully I can get caught up in time for season four come September.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I've not watched a single episode of any of those shows
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

That's too bad. Your missing out on some great television.
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I love Psych! It is one of the funniest shows on at the moment. My wife and I are in the middle of season 4 at the moment and they get better year after year.

We also watch Chuck. but it has been going very downhill this season.

As for Supernatural, if you saw last weeks episode (the one where they end up in the real world "the french mistake" I think was the title) then you know this show is genius!

I don't watch the rest.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    The French Mistake was meta-geek genius :ugeek: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Jensen and Jared as Dean and Sam as Jensen and Jared as Dean and Sam trying to act was freakin' priceless - you have to be a very good actor to play a very bad actor and make it convincing. Whoo, that was a mouthful.

Ben Edlund's episodes are some of the funniest, most genius ones they have produced. I still get the giggles over the Teddy Bear suicide attempt. i really hope they renew it for a seventh season. Idk, but for some reason genre shows seem to have their biggest audiences outside of the US :? :roll: Which makes it a bitch when it comes time for renewal.
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Jensen and Jared as Dean and Sam as Jensen and Jared as Dean and Sam trying to act was freakin' priceless - you have to be a very good actor to play a very bad actor and make it convincing. Whoo, that was a mouthful.

Ben Edlund's episodes are some of the funniest, most genius ones they have produced. I still get the giggles over the Teddy Bear suicide attempt. i really hope they renew it for a seventh season. Idk, but for some reason genre shows seem to have their biggest audiences outside of the US :? :roll: Which makes it a bitch when it comes time for renewal.

We have a teddy bear in our bed (an aniversary gift from my wife a few years back) and we covered his eyes at the suicide episode :lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    81 wrote:
    +1, I have never ever heard of many of them.
  • Options
    Cougartown one of the worst shows ever.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

Finally watched the French Mistake the other day, really funny stuff. Misha on twitter saying the guys were pranking him. Good stuff.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Cougartown one of the worst shows ever.

Agree. Unwatchable.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Justified
  • Options
    Justified

I've heard good things about that show. It's on F/X right? Unfortunately, I don't get that station :(
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    81 wrote:
    +1, I have never ever heard of many of them.

I have only heard of Son's of Anarchy but have never seen any of those shows

I always wondered why Northern Exposure was never essential viewing ... I have the dvd box set and still almost 20 years on from it first being aired love an N.E day on the couch :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    LOVE Chuck...this may be it's last season...they barely squeaked by for this season
    Watch Fringe religously too

Also LOVE:
    Modern Family
    Hot in Cleveland
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Fringe is criminally underrated, which is a huge bummer. John Noble is fantastic as Walter.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    PSYCH!!!!!!! ITS THE FUNNIEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D The best show of all time!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    thefixer9 wrote:
    PSYCH!!!!!!! ITS THE FUNNIEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D The best show of all time!!!!! :D:D:D:D

i can't get myself to watch this show...bad memories of the whole 'NOT! Psych!...NOT!' conversation game.
    ok, maybe the folks on here are not old enough to have played those stupid games.... :oops: :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

Guster agrees!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

Guster agrees!

And Lassy :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    thefixer9 wrote:

that show sucks worse than a Dick Rod coached MI team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

:(
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

:(

Don't mind smokin baby, he's becoming a curmudgeon in his later years.