Options

TV Shows canceled too soon

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    THE LEFTOVERS
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
    I think The Leftovers was not meant to go that long. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    igotid88 said:
    I think The Leftovers was not meant to go that long. 
    It was but the ratings were just way too small to sustain it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read yesterday that they aren't doing a second season of The Young Pope for some fucking reason. :cry: Instead, they are apparently making something called The New Pope, so a whole different storyline. Not sure how many characters from the original will return, if any. That fucking SUCKS. I desperately wanted a 2nd season with the Jude Law story! I mean fuck, does this news mean that the Pope died at the end of the season??? Or will they just lazily fill in the end of his story in the first episode of this new show? Either way, I'm irritated that someone didn't fight harder for a 2nd season of The Young Pope. :frowning:
    He just gets older in subsequent episodes. Nothing more they could do with that storyline. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read yesterday that they aren't doing a second season of The Young Pope for some fucking reason. :cry: Instead, they are apparently making something called The New Pope, so a whole different storyline. Not sure how many characters from the original will return, if any. That fucking SUCKS. I desperately wanted a 2nd season with the Jude Law story! I mean fuck, does this news mean that the Pope died at the end of the season??? Or will they just lazily fill in the end of his story in the first episode of this new show? Either way, I'm irritated that someone didn't fight harder for a 2nd season of The Young Pope. :frowning:
    He just gets older in subsequent episodes. Nothing more they could do with that storyline. 
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    going back to the early 1990s, the CBS show Brooklyn Bridge about growing up in the 1950s in Brooklyn.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    going back to the early 1990s, the CBS show Brooklyn Bridge about growing up in the 1950s in Brooklyn.
    I loved that one, too. With a young Jenny Lewis. :heart:
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Still miss Married. It was a funny summer show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
    Any new shows you're upset didn't get more of a chance that wasn't saved by Netflix or Hulu?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    igotid88 said:
    Any new shows you're upset didn't get more of a chance that wasn't saved by Netflix or Hulu?
    Bloodline-Netflix
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Grounded For Life, The Get Down, True Calling, Deadwood, Rome.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Agree 100% on the last 2.
    Did you see the Deadwood movie is airing this year on HBO?  Saw the ad the other night....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Did you see the Deadwood movie is airing this year on HBO?  Saw the ad the other night....
    I had heard rumors about it, so it IS happening then!  Awesome!!!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    JK_Livin said:
    Still miss Married. It was a funny summer show.
    Married was awesome. I love Judy Greer. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I had heard rumors about it, so it IS happening then!  Awesome!!!
    Yes!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    One of my all-time favorites.  I loved its nostalgia, storylines, acting.

My So-Called Life is another one that went way beyond its potential the first season, and then nothing.

(Yet, inexplicably, series like Teachers and Two Broke Girls are in syndication; calling these shows even mediocre gives them too much credit.)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    I scratch my head every time I see Two Broke Girls on TV. How did that ever get the green light?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I scratch my head every time I see Two Broke Girls on TV. How did that ever get the green light?
    One of the funniest shows in a while.

Hated to see that one go. 

My So Called Life?  There was a reason it got cancelled.  MTV couldn't save it.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Watched the first episode of Deadwood last night.  It has been on my list of shows to watch forever and finally started it.  Loved the first episode.  Should have this done in plenty of time prior to the movie.
  • Options
    Can never seem to decide, definitively, on my favorite show ever - but Deadwood is one of them.
    The writing if beyond brilliant.  The writing is for sure my favorite of all time for a TV show

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I stopped watching Deadwood couple of episodes into the third season. It got stale.Maybe I'll try again before the movie.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Was Fraiser the only real spin off that actually did well in ratings?
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    tempo_n_groove said: Was Fraiser the only real spin off that actually did well in ratings?
    Never watched that.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    NCIS was world's biggest show, right?
    The Jeffersons?

• Options
    Pap said:
    tempo_n_groove said: Was Fraiser the only real spin off that actually did well in ratings?
    Never watched that.
    I watched a partial episode of Joey and found something else to watch instead.  Man that show was bad...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Herman's Head - Fox show from early 90s
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Pap said:
    Was Fraiser the only real spin off that actually did well in ratings?
    Happy Days had both Laverne and Shirley and Mork Mindy as spin-offs.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pap said:
    Never watched that.
    I watched a partial episode of Joey and found something else to watch instead.  Man that show was bad...
    He was great in Episodes, though.

King of Queens was a good (if stretchy) spinoff of Raymond.  I freakin' love that show.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Pap said:
    Never watched that.
    He was great in Episodes, though.

King of Queens was a good (if stretchy) spinoff of Raymond.  I freakin' love that show.
    Kevin can wait was a disaster...