TV Shows canceled too soon

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    cutz said:

JK_Livin said:

Married on FX. A very funny show that lasted only 2 seasons. I'll really miss AJ.

I'm gonna miss that show too. One of the few i watch.

Fuck! I loved Married. Show was perfectly executed all around.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Mad men

I don't know... I mean I was REALLY in to this show, but the last season??? It took all I had to finish the final season. It was awful.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

Mad men

I don't know... I mean I was REALLY in to this show, but the last season??? It took all I had to finish the final season. It was awful.
    was kinda different..not awfull
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Dirty Sexy Money
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I read that they only plan on doing one more season of The Leftovers. :frowning: I figure that's just what they need to do the story justice, and want to avoid drawing it out into stupid areas, but three 10-episode seasons?? That's definitely not enough for me!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

I read that they only plan on doing one more season of The Leftovers. :frowning: I figure that's just what they need to do the story justice, and want to avoid drawing it out into stupid areas, but three 10-episode seasons?? That's definitely not enough for me!

i agree 100%..wish was more seasons and more episodes per season
  • The Slap

Anyone else remember this one--from a year or so ago? Sorry if it was already mentioned. The cast was: Peter Sarsgaard, Thandie Newton, Uma Thurman, Makenzie Leigh, Zachary Quinto, Dylan Schombing, Thomas Sadoski, Melissa George, Brian Cox, Lucas Hedges, Maria Tucci, Marin Ireland, and Penn Badgley.

The premise was about an unruly boy that was slapped at a family/friends birthday party by an adult. The mother was trying to sue the adult. I never watched all the episodes. They had some good points, but I guess it didn't make a second season for low ratings. The storyline was pretty good, but I confess, that I tuned in mainly for Sarsgaard and Quinto.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

The Slap

Anyone else remember this one--from a year or so ago? Sorry if it was already mentioned. The cast was: Peter Sarsgaard, Thandie Newton, Uma Thurman, Makenzie Leigh, Zachary Quinto, Dylan Schombing, Thomas Sadoski, Melissa George, Brian Cox, Lucas Hedges, Maria Tucci, Marin Ireland, and Penn Badgley.

The premise was about an unruly boy that was slapped at a family/friends birthday party by an adult. The mother was trying to sue the adult. I never watched all the episodes. They had some good points, but I guess it didn't make a second season for low ratings. The storyline was pretty good, but I confess, that I tuned in mainly for Sarsgaard and Quinto.

Melissa George played the same character in both the Australian and American versions. I'm not sure if it was supposed to last more than 1 season.
    I miss igotid88
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I didn't realise there was a USA version too. From memory it was only made for 1 season. I enjoyed it.
  • igotid88 said:

The Slap

Melissa George played the same character in both the Australian and American versions. I'm not sure if it was supposed to last more than 1 season.
    My bad then. :)
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Before Reelz Channel turned into another channel that lost it's identity and played miscellaneous crap, I really loved that Movie Mob show with regular people reviewing current movies.

Also, I have to mention Apt. 23. Glad Ritter has success with Jessica Jones but I miss this show a lot. Van Der Beek was hilarious as a douchebag extension of himself.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I'm adding HAVEN...I'm so heartbroken that they cancelled my show.... *sniff sniff* :disappointed:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!

Also, I have to mention Apt. 23. Glad Ritter has success with Jessica Jones but I miss this show a lot. Van Der Beek was hilarious as a douchebag extension of himself.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    PJSiren said:

I'm adding HAVEN...I'm so heartbroken that they cancelled my show.... *sniff sniff* :disappointed:

This is finished properly PJSiren..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:

PJSiren said:

This is finished properly PJSiren..
    I haven't seen it yet,as we don't have cable so I have to wait til it's on Netflix....but still, I loved the show, I was not ready for it to end...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I'll say it now - 'Baskets' will bbe in this category. Louie Anderson is goddamn hysterical as the mom.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

Hannibal.
    Show was outstanding, Arguably better than Silence of the Lambs.

I loved this show, though having rewatched all the movies, I'm not sure what else they were left with to cover (especially since there were rights issues with Silence).

I prefer William Petersen's Will Graham over both Hugh Dancy and Edward Norton (Dancy beats Norton, lol), but Mads Mikklesen definitely gives Anthony Hopkins a run for the Hannibal role.

Kudos to the network for letting them get away with the gore (and sick humour) that they did.

I also wonder if part of its lacklustre ratings was because (I presume) the audience was supposed to watch the show through Graham's eyes, which inevitably meant one had to consider the darkness within themselves, something (it seems) many are uncomfortable doing, lol.

I'll add my vote to Firefly, Awake and Deadwood as well.

Oh, and Millennium, which ended the May before the new millennium after 3 seasons (though they did wrap it up on the X-Files in a way that was totally unsatisfying to this longtime Millennium fan).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103

Hannibal.
    Show was outstanding, Arguably better than Silence of the Lambs.

I loved this show, though having rewatched all the movies, I'm not sure what else they were left with to cover (especially since there were rights issues with Silence).

I prefer William Petersen's Will Graham over both Hugh Dancy and Edward Norton (Dancy beats Norton, lol), but Mads Mikklesen definitely gives Anthony Hopkins a run for the Hannibal role.

Kudos to the network for letting them get away with the gore (and sick humour) that they did.

I also wonder if part of its lacklustre ratings was because (I presume) the audience was supposed to watch the show through Graham's eyes, which inevitably meant one had to consider the darkness within themselves, something (it seems) many are uncomfortable doing, lol.

I'll add my vote to Firefly, Awake and Deadwood as well.

Oh, and Millennium, which ended the May before the new millennium after 3 seasons (though they did wrap it up on the X-Files in a way that was totally unsatisfying to this longtime Millennium fan).
    I really liked Hannibal too. I was really skeptical when I first heard they were making it into a show, but they won me over quickly in the first couple of shows.

You might be into something with the poor ratings stemming from viewing things through Graham's eyes. I have to wonder if the time slots played into it as well. The first season was opposite Scandal and Elementary. Second season was the Friday death slot. If it hasn't gained an audience after 2 seasons, it's likely getting canceled, regardless of where it's slotted after that.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    You're absolutely right about the time slot thing, especially when they delayed season 3 to the summer (since the show never conflicted with any other shows I watch, I never noticed what it was up against, lol). Watching the bonus features, it's clear the show was always in danger of being cancelled, but Brian Fuller is extremely clear that NBC stuck with the show, beyond reason, as well as allowing so much gore. Again, kudos to NBC for letting them (more or less, lol) tell the stories they wanted to in the way that they wanted to.

It still floors me that it was acceptable to see skin peeled back from a victim to make angels' wings, yet they were forced to employ "butt blood," lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • The pilot was really interesting. Quinto played a solid gold jerk. But honestly, I don't know how he left that party without a black eye courtesy of the mom.

The Slap

The Muppets (2015)
    I miss igotid88
    Galavant
    I miss igotid88
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Agent Carter!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

Agent Carter!

that too
    I miss igotid88
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

Agent Carter!

that too
    :(

and now ABC scrapped plans for Marvel's Most Wanted.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Sea said:

igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

Agent Carter!

that too

Part of me hopes it'll be Netflix to the rescue, based on their existing relationship with marvel.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Sea said:

igotid88 said:

ldent42 said:

Agent Carter!

that too

Twice
    I miss igotid88
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Crowded has been cancelled :(
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I had a soft spot for Telenovela. I only saw a few episodes but it was a nice premise and satire of the cliches on the set of them.