Today :(

c58598e9-1-1.jpg

de2beff4-1-1.jpg

W. T. H. :x :twisted:
"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    that little crocus(correct?) may surprise you and poke through given the chance

all are beautiful pics :D

my first daffodil opened today :clap:
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Yeah, my crocuses, hyacinths and daffs were all coming up. I'm sure they'll be fine, but over a foot and half has fallen so far :shock:

Just came in from shoveling the walks and driveway . . . stupid husband is in Hawaii right now . . . grrr :x
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    western alberta... :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    Yeah, my crocuses, hyacinths and daffs were all coming up. I'm sure they'll be fine, but over a foot and half has fallen so far :shock:

Just came in from shoveling the walks and driveway . . . stupid husband is in Hawaii right now . . . grrr :x

Damn that husband, damn him to heck! ;) What on earth his he doing in Hawaii without you?! That snow looks beautiful, but I am glad we don't get that here brrrrrrrrr
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:

Damn that husband, damn him to heck! ;) What on earth his he doing in Hawaii without you?! That snow looks beautiful, but I am glad we don't get that here brrrrrrrrr

He's meeting his ship. I think the snow thing is a conspiracy though . . . It last snowed here in November, two days after he left for six weeks. And now, it snows again three days after he leaves :? :think: :problem: :thumbdown: The snow is beautiful though and it will be gone in a few days, so it's all good :D
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    SORRY ABOUT ALBERTA...MEANT BRIT COL
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    SORRY ABOUT ALBERTA...MEANT BRIT COL

:lol: No problem, I laughed when I read it.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    I'm getting psyched for Spring!!! Yay!!! :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    i can't wait to do my garden
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I come back to South Florida and everything is green again after a month away but still we have fire watch in our community. I've learned my lesson about fires. :( :o

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• great pictures - love your dog, he/she doesn't look amused :lol:

i love waking up to a huge blanket of snow
    but i also sympathise with you
    it can be a pain in the ass

soon it'll be gone though, so it's best to appreciate it while you can :)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Wait, whhat, you are a chick too.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    My yard has looked like today's pictures since November. Despite several Alberta chinooks we are still looking at piles of snow, and since it is -30 right now I do not see it melting anytime soon. We won't see a crocus until May! Its funny, yesterday I was house hunting (dreaming really) online and looking at places in Victoria. Today it looks to much like the place I want to leave! ;)
    guitar59 wrote:
    My yard has looked like today's pictures since November. Despite several Alberta chinooks we are still looking at piles of snow, and since it is -30 right now I do not see it melting anytime soon. We won't see a crocus until May! Its funny, yesterday I was house hunting (dreaming really) online and looking at places in Victoria. Today it looks to much like the place I want to leave! ;)

Keep dreaming my friend, it's a good one :D I do that picturing the place that we'll be buying up Island.

The only thing that really sucks about snow here is that we don't really have the infrastructure to deal with its removal, so unless the sun decides to come out and melt it all, getting around the next couple of days will be interesting to say the least ;) especially with the stupid Sunday drivers who want to experience winter driving but are afraid to drive faster than 10 km/h :x

81 wrote:

:mrgreen: Do I come off as particularly masculine :? :shock: :|
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Turn that frown upside down :D
    You do live in the countries most liveable city... http://ca.news.yahoo.com/vancouver-rema ... 0-051.html
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    While Vancouver's great and all, I don't actually live there.

I like my Island living life-style :D:mrgreen:
    great pictures - love your dog, he/she doesn't look amused :lol:

i love waking up to a huge blanket of snow
    but i also sympathise with you
    it can be a pain in the ass

soon it'll be gone though, so it's best to appreciate it while you can :)

You're right. I am enjoying it :D And no, Nikita was not amused although I think it had more to do with me taking her picture rather than the snow (she is part husky after-all ;) ) :D
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

:lol:

we have some snow coming tonight. some are calling for as much as 9 inches, i expect 6. no biggie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well the weather is particularly odd today, warm and sunny.

My son went out wearing shorts and a T-shirt :?
    Claireack wrote:

sunny in england....i don't believe it. aren't you suppose to be overcast 24/7 :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    81 wrote:
    it's her avatar. sometimes, it's hard to keep track. 81 - you're a dude., right? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    81 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

sunny in england....i don't believe it. aren't you suppose to be overcast 24/7 :?:

I know!! It's very bizarre. Probably rain tomorrow - but at least we have today.
    Claireack wrote:

I'm not surprised. You Northerners are a hardy bunch. I was absolutely shocked at what the Geordies would wear in winter.
    81 wrote:

:lol:

we have some snow coming tonight. some are calling for as much as 9 inches, i expect 6. no biggie.

Ah, my avatar. Is it the jersey or the dude in the jersey? He's my eye-candy :mrgreen:
    Claireack wrote:

I'm not surprised. You Northerners are a hardy bunch. I was absolutely shocked at what the Geordies would wear in winter.

We had a guy round here once who would wear just pants all the time whatever the weather. I think he used to get called thong man.
    Claireack wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

We had a guy round here once who would wear just pants all the time whatever the weather. I think he used to get called thong man.

:lol::lol::lol: Pants here equal trousers. I hope he had a good body, otherwise :?
    I hope he had a good body, otherwise

Ummmm, no, he was a little too skinny and a little too old. We can alway live in hope of 'Thong Man 2', maybe I should have a word with hubby. :think:
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited February 2011
    that little yellow flower is something...
    nice.
    then buried in snow along with her friends... drag

check this
    yesterday it was sunny, gray, rain, snow, hail
    today school is cancelled, kids are sled riding down the street
    my feet are cold and there is about 4 inches of snow out there

it will be melted in a matter of hours
    it is snowing right now... maybe it isn't melting anytime soon

my backyard is white
    are the crab fishmen crabbing?
    probably maybe if it isn't killer windy out there

ate on some free delivered crab the other day
    even a dick neighbor is worth 15 cents some of the time
    backyards?... i used to toss my empty whiskey bottles into his backyard and or his neighbor's backyard...it was great stuff

backyards are awesome
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    We just got another inch or two of the dry fluff. Yours looks heavy and a pain to shovel.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    We just got another inch or two of the dry fluff. Yours looks heavy and a pain to shovel.

Yes, it's really heavy. Great for making snowballs, snowmen and snow fort though. Not today though, the wind is up and it's pretty darn cold for Victoria.