Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,781
    Lincoln 2014
    The outro/"to and fro" of Pendulum has a really nice groove about it thanks to Matt. It's subtle, but I enjoyed it. Ed's guitar tone for Sometimes has a somewhat "cold" tone to it that works well for the somber tune. Nothingman is as beautiful and haunting as always, confident vocals. Ed greets the crowd after it, earlier in the show than normal. Go kicks maximum ass, a rocking version right into Why Go with no pause! I love that combo! Go-Why Go, both sounding incredibly full of energy. Ed's vocals on Go are a tad above average, pretty strong here. The bridge of Why Go sounds a tad off on Mike’s end but it is nothing discerning. Getaway benefits from the rush of adrenaline. Matt and Stone sound good on Getaway. It's an all-around good play on a song that I don't believe translates well live but sounds decent here overall. Corduroy is lively too, Matt’s on fire.

Light Years comes after Ed speaks to the crowd, being kind of playful with his jokes. LY is dedicated to his uncle, and is performed awesome here. It gave me chills. Mike and Stone especially, just beautiful tones. Best Light Years in some time, in my opinion. MYM hits the spot after that powerhouse play on the Binaural rarity. Who would have thought MYM-Sirens would work dynamically together without being too odd? A weird combo but it works so perfectly. Sirens has a laid back sincerity to it here, it's powerful but Matt's drumming is so smooth and fluent. His work during Mike’s solo is subtle but utmost effective. I really enjoyed this play on Sirens. Mike starts PT as soon as Sirens’ chant ends, incredible set flow! Eruption as an intro to Even Flow gets the blood flowing, especially as EF starts up! Even Flow solo is amazing by entire band. Ed's speech about taking parts and time of life for granted is heartfelt and humorous, but so meaningful. Infallible to follow that is pure Ed. It's wonderful. A few mismatched lyrics in Infallible but it's not too distracting at all; a good, emotional performance. DTE is to "all us monkeys!" DTE is pure raw energy here; the boys are on fucking fire.

Ed comes in a tad early for Gods' Dice, kind of like the version in Cardiff 2000. A couple mismatched lines, but a professional performance of the rarity. It keeps the blood flowing nicely. Insignificance makes a double shot of Binaural, always welcomed in my book. Matt's toms and kick sound wonderful on the intro and his work during the bridge is really nice. Ed has a brief moment of missing lyrics, but I've heard far worse. A decent take on the rarity as a whole. The intro to Half Full is sonically near perfect, each instrument represented beautifully. The solo too, the whole band actually, is just so damn ear pleasing. Dependable takes of Betterman and Porch end this excellent main set. Matt and Jeff towards the 4 min mark of Porch is brilliance. Matt's right foot sounds like two, a nice double bass effect.

Ed's story about Walgreens put a smile on my face, wonderfully followed by sweet takes of You've Got to Hide Your Love Away and Imagine. Both felt incredibly solid with beautiful vocals. Small Town to follow is smooth set flow. The rhythm section between Jeff and Matt sounds so warm in the first verse of GTF. A decent LB kicks the energy up even higher, but some of Ed's vocals are pretty winded. An incredibly haunting outro to Jeremy into the melancholy intro of Black is perfect. Some of the vocals to Black are noticeably flat, but still it’s a decent play on the live staple. A dynamic RVM with energetic drumming by Matt ends the solid, but somewhat vanilla encore.

Smile is mostly dependable but I've heard better versions. The full band cover of Open All Night feels incredibly out of place to me. Not exactly my personal favorite choice for a cover either. Alive brings us back to a good place. RITFW-Ledbetter ends the gig. I'm not sure if Ed was just letting the crowd sing the entire first verse of YL, but it doesn't translate well to the boot, sadly. While one was there I bet it was cool.

The main set blew me away, encore 1 was pretty damn good, but encore 2 felt lacking to me. A good show and boot, but the second half doesn't live up to the first.

Was at this show and it was so awesome! The open all night cover was amazing live! Ed was so on fire! It was like he has sung that song a million times in his car and was so amped to sing it on stage. Energy was just bursting out of him! I caught a glance, smile and head shake shared between jeff and stone recognizing also what we all witnessed. Awesome! And the missing verse on YL? Ed's mic stopped working. He attempted singing into his Corona bottle but when that didn't work out somebody tossed him another mic. :P I wanted binaural songs so badly and to hear BREAKERFALL in tulsa (AHHHHHHH!!!) and 3 MORE the next night in lincoln was really a dream come true!

I can not decide if I want to listen to moline or vault 4 today. I've been saving both. Somebody decide for me plz...
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    I want binaural songs so badly...

Vault #4

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    vienna 14....howe fuckin great show that was
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,873
    listened to this one in the car the other day; has to be the best show on the european leg and my second favorite boot from 2014 with moline being #1.
    took a break from pj and listened to some live u2 last night; damn they are incredible in concert. The song 40 is amazing.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Pap wrote: »
    I want binaural songs so badly...
    Vault #4

Oh how I would like to join you in listening to this one.
    I heard it once at a friends house, he has the vinyl.
    I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
    Ordered it 11th of December and it was shipped yesterday.
    Can't be too long now.
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Cincinnati '14

A solid performance of Pendulum opens the tour. Nothingman to follow is all part of the formula now but it's no less stunning. Ed's vocals are fantastic. After Of The Girl settles everyone in nicely, the high tempo numbers start. Lightning Bolt feels a little laboured here, I didn't get into it like I normally do. Corduroy is excellent but I felt the second part of Spin The Black Circle was out of time. As ever, Mike shines on Even Flow. Sirens, quite frankly, sounds terrible. Everything just sounds cluttered and a mess. Mike's guitar is out of tune, Matt's cymbals are too high. The solo is woeful. The reworked intro to Love Boat Captain is very cool. Ed adds in a couple of lines from Jumpin' Jack Flash during the outro. The whole reworking just makes the song a lot stronger and energised I think. Present Tense has some bright moments, particularly during the Ed & Mike stage but as the band comes in, the timing isn't quite there and it's a bit messy. Daughter is excellent and Ed tags in Guided By By Voices 'Keep It In Motion' and Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick In The Wall'. State Of Love And Trust is a great band performance, everyone right on it. Waiting On A Friend is excellent and actually sits nicely between SOLAT and Jeremy. Setting Forth leads into Porch, which is simply stunning.

Sleeping By Myself kicks off the first encore. Ed goes on another long talk before they resume with Man Of The Hour. Sometimes I wish he'd just talk a little less between songs. Parachutes and All Those Yesterdays are nice surprises. Small Town is played to the crowd behind the stage. Given To Fly is fantastic but I'd rate Do The Evolution as a below par performance; they seemed to struggle with reworked section again. Betterman closes the first encore.

A splendid Black starts the second encore; the final part where Ed adlibs is sublime. The Real Me is dedicated to The Who and the families of the victims from the Cincinnati gig 35 years ago. It's a poignant moment. Alive just makes you want to dance!! It also signals the shift towards the end of the set. Stone owns Rockin' In The Free World. The show comes to a close with Yellow Ledbetter complete with Star Spangled Banner tag. A decent start to the tour.

First listen to a bootleg in 2015; the sabbatical is now over!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,498
    Seattle 1 2009
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Ljubljana 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Piss bottle men :)
  • Options
    Aussie dynamos Picked it up for 9.99!!!! Absolutely love this boot.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote: »
    listened to this one in the car the other day; has to be the best show on the european leg and my second favorite boot from 2014 with moline being #1.
    took a break from pj and listened to some live u2 last night; damn they are incredible in concert. The song 40 is amazing.

i agree...40 rocks
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    zagreb 06
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Detroit 2014

(I finally got Oceans!!!)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Noblesville 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

• Options
    St Louis '14

Pendulum opens again, not quite as strong as in Cincinnati for me. Especially the final stage with Ed and Matt singing. Lowlight is great, Ed's final vocal gave me goosebumps. They rip through Go and Evolution. Mind Your Manners is played at breakneck speed and it almost feels like Ed is rushing his vocals. It's a decent effort again on My Father's Son, Stone's riff just bubbles through and it's awesome. They then go into an improv with Ed singing "top of the 8th, St Louis". Musically it's actually a nice little jam and they continue playing it whilst Ed starts talking to the crowd. Pilate breaks out for 1 of 2 appearances on the tour and is pretty good. Mike's solo on Even Flow initially sounds way out of tune but it's actually quite cool and then he just goes off on this thing. It also showcases Stone, Jeff & Matt early on in the jam. Swallowed Whole makes it's only appearance of the tour and it's kinda easy to see why. I just don't believe it's that strong live compared to the studio version. I think it's safe to say this one is already in the 'rarities' category. Why Go and Not For You are excellent too and Daughter starting up after the end of the Modern Girl tag is perfect. The WMA tag is fantastic and Ed repeats "Justice" as it comes to a close. Ed goes to start up Porch but stops and says they can probably play a request instead. They launch into Lukin before going onto Rearviewmirror which brings the main set to a thunderous finish.

The first encore opens with Ed and Boom covering John Lennon's 'Imagine'. It's a good rendition of a song I don't particularly like anymore! They follow it up with Just Breathe. Ed introduces Thin Air as "one for the serious collector. The romantic type". It's an ok version, didn't quite feel right. Footsteps is just beautiful. Perfect. Once and Down up the tempo, the latter I thought an average performance of the song. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns is then played (surprisingly) for the only time on the tour. Both Mike and Stone are immense during the Porch instrumental.

Given To Fly opens the second encore, I don't recall it appearing too many times in this slot. It's a strong performance. Ed tags of Save It For Later during Betterman is a little different; he sings "don't run away" and then mentions various cities and reasons for not leaving. I presume during Alive, Ed briefly gives the mic to a fan. Sounds like it. Or Ed's voice went really weird!!! Baba O'Riley closes the show.

It's a fun one this, enjoyed it. Maybe not as smooth a performance as Cincinnati but overall I prefer this boot.

• Options
    Seattle 2 2009
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    i'm almost ashamed to admit but i just watched water on the road for the first time......wow!!!!!! absolutely love it.
  • Options
    SkyBreaksAtDawnSkyBreaksAtDawn Indiana Posts: 48
    Cincy 14
    PJ - 24 : Indy - 98, Indy - 00, Cincy - 00, Columbus - 00, Indy - 03, Columbus - 03, Asheville - 04, Cincy - 06, Milwaukee Night 1 - 06, Milwaukee Night 2 - 06, Bonnaroo - 08, WRIGLEY 13, Pittsburgh 13, Buffalo 13, Cincy 14, Detroit 14, Moline (NO CODE) 14, Lexington 16, Bonnaroo 16, Wrigley Night 1 -16, Wrigley Night 1 - 18, Nashville - 22, Louisville - 22, St Louis - 22

EV - 1 : Pilgrimage Festival
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    Vienna Again.. Long Road-Can't Keep-Black is the perfect thematic opening trio.. fantastic performance!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville....again....Still get chills listening to Mother/Given
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Listening to Quebec 20/09/2005 loads at the moment
    29/10/1996-Wembley Arena, London 04/07/2000-MEN Arena, Manchester 17/09/2009-MEN Arena, Manchester 21st,22nd/07/2012-MEN Arena, Manchester 11/07/2014-Leeds UK
  • Options
    ACL I '14

No Pendulum to open, which is kinda nice. It's a very laid back Long Road that opens the first of two ACL shows for the band. It's a decent version with Boom's keys prominent early on. Following Long Road, the guys don't hold back ripping through Go, Why Go and Evolution. Ed addresses the crowd after Save You. Corduroy and Lightning Bolt combine to good effect, the former particularly strong. The reworked Love Boat Captain is given another play, the extended intro really is cool. My Father's Son is superb, probably the best I've heard it on a boot yet. Got Some sounds very good. Danny Clinch joins the band on harmonica for Red Mosquito. It makes for a good version. There's an extended outro to Daughter but not really any kind of tag though Ed briefly does Atomic Dog. Instead he talks to the crowd about "shitty fathers & breaking the cycle". Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

After a lengthy chat by Ed, the encore begins with Small Town. Imagine & Come Back make for a low-key, subdued start to the encore but Mike's solo in Come Back is tremendous. It just totally lifts the song. It's high tempo now with State Of Love And Trust and Lukin. Porch, Alive and Rockin' In The Free World close out the show.

The first 12/13 songs I thought was magnificent, great flow and sounded excellent. But after that I just felt it was too choppy and no real flow for the remainder of the main set and then following through the encore.

• Options
    Brisbane 1 2003
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    melbourne 3/5/98
  • Options
    Brisbane 2 2003
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Leeds 2014
    Damn, this is really great!
  • Options
    Hamburg 2000
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Mexico city 1 2005
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Pittsburgh 06

• Options
    Tulsa '14

After skipping ACL, Pendulum returns as show opener. Hard To Imagine is played for the only time on the tour and just grows and grows. Superb performance of the rarity. Stone's guitar and Ed sound out of tune/time early on in Small Town. It leads to the intro being really stripped back and quite a pleasant change in a way. After Small Town, Ed asks the crowd "is everybody good? Let's do this" and they launch into Breakerfall (for also the only time on this tour). Last Exit and Animal follow but they seem to lack a bit of punch on the boot to me. Jeff's bass sounds great on In My Tree. A few songs later, Marker In The Sand appears for only the second time since 2011 (both appearances in 2014 no less). It's a bit of a rusty performance I think but not surprising given how little it is played. Sirens here is one of the better performances of the song I've heard on a boot. Matt's cymbals are way too high in the mix I feel on Jeremy. All I can hear is his cymbals. Ed talks to the crowd and teases that they will play Dirty Frank. He goes on to talk about an event in Tulsa called Vinyl Fest and it's no surprise the next two songs Let The Records Play and Spin The Black Circle. Rearviewmirror predictably closes the main set.

Just Breathe opens the first encore. Black is next; perfection as always. Ed's vocals towards the end just make the hairs on your neck stand up. Goosebump moments. The covers of Crazy Mary and I Believe In Miracles follow (both making their first appearances since Berlin). On Crazy Mary, Mike's and Boom's soloing duel is excellent. Blood transitions into Porch seamlessly, the instrumental superb again with Mike absolutely letting loose and Stone grooving with that riff.

Evolution kicks off the second encore. Ed gives the crowd the first verse on Betterman. Ed brings up a kid onstage for Baba O'Riley. It's his birthday. A lovely Indifference closes the show.

Enjoyed the encores here more, the main set just didn't connect too much with me.