Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited April 2014
    Osaka 95 . Longest release ever. Nearly a two minute instrumental until Ed starts singing. Porch with catholic boy is superb. Very cool jam into go.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Rockin Vancouver '13 while hanging laundry on the line.... I love clothesline season and this boot :)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,501
    Sao Paolo, night 1, 2005
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Hershey '03

Love Boat Captain opens the show; Last Exit, Animal & Evolution all part of the opening salvo. Last Exit & Animal sound like tired performances and Ed forgets some of Evolution. Help Help, Grievance and Get Right are good together. The latter is the best of the trio here and it's also the last time it has been played on US soil. Immortality is really good and Even Flow off the back of it works. It's Deep and Lukin next wth Corduroy starting up at the end of Lukin. It's a good little run, nothing majorly impressive but enjoyable nonetheless. The tempo is then lowered for a couple of songs beginning with Thumbing My Way. Midway through the song nearly grinds to a halt but somehow the guys keep it together. An excellent Rearviewmirror closes the main set.

Driven To Tears begins the first encore. Before Whipping, Ed berates a female fan who keeps lowering her top during the songs. Glorified G is excellent, one of the highlights of the boot for me. Ed tags Another Brick In The Wall at the end of Daughter and it's a cool version, Ed changing some lyrics later on. Boom & Mike are brilliant for their duel on Crazy Mary. Alive brings a very good encore to a close.

State Of Love And Trust starts the second encore. During the closing stages of SOLAT, Ed starts playing harmonica. It's so cool. Ed and Stone then invite Mike Tyler onstage to play Rockin' In The Free World with the band. It's the final song of the gig.

As this boot progressed it got better I thought. A fairly lacklustre start I felt but really enjoyed the first encore.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    don smithdon smith Posts: 833
    9-16-11 Ottawa Canada
    06/12/03,06/13/03
    10-05-04 09-09-05
    05-16-06-5-17-06-5-19-06,06-26-06-06-27-06 05-03-10 09-04-11
    07/19/13 11-15-13
  • Options
    Holmdel '03

Final US show of the Riot Act Tour. Wash opens the proceedings; the first time it's played in 2003. It's a great opening to \n unusual main set. The rest of the main set (minus the final song) is made up of 2 songs from each album in album order. So first it's 2 from Ten - Once and Even Flow. The instrumental in Even Flow is really cool, very very funky and seems to go on forever. It's very good. Vs' choices are Go and Dissident. After the Vitalogy cuts of Corduroy and Nothingman, it's the turn of I Got Shit from the Merkinball ep. No Code's In My Tree and Present Tense are up next; In My Tree sounding good apart from the Doors-esque keyboard solo. Given To Fly and Wishlist (with a Why Can't I Touch It tag) are the choices from Yield. Representing Binaural is Evacuation and Insignificance. The former won't be played again for another 5 years until Virginia Beach '08. Half Full and Save You are picked for Riot Act. Porch closes the main set.

Ed starts off the first encore with a cover of Springsteen's Growin' Up. The rest of the encore is fairly straightforward - Evolution, Daughter and Alive. Good but again nothing out of the ordinary. The second encore starts off with a real treat - Hunger Strike, which is played for the first time since Perth '98. Corin Tucker shares vocals with Ed, Ed takes over Cornell's parts. Not being a fan of Tucker's vocals I thought this could be a wreck but it's not too bad; certainly not as bad as I feared! Sleater Kinney then join the band for the rest of the encore on Leaving Here, Fortunate Son and Rockin' In The Free World. Yellow Ledbetter closes out the show.

Worth a listen for the main set and unusual way the setlist is put together.

• Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Auckland, 2014
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Mexico City I '03

A strong Of The Girl opens the first of three shows in Mexico City. Go, Once and Save You set the early tempo and all sound on form. The last ever (to date) performance of Get Right is ok, not that good IMO. Corduroy, I Am Mine and Given To Fly are all fairly standard. Even Flow is breathtaking. Further down the set, Lukin/Not For You and Daughter with a WMA tag are all good. Half Full and Rearviewmirror bring the main set to a close on a high note.

The first encore starts with Evolution and Glorified G. Both have minor errors but nothing that really takes away from the performances. Put simply, Black is awesome. Alive closes the encore. The second encore begins with another performance of Hunger Strike, again with Corin Tucker sharing vocal duties. As with the previous gig, Sleater-Kinney join onstage for Rockin' In The Free World. Yellow Ledbetter closes the show.

Struggled to review this one, couldn't really get into it that much. Nothing wrong with it, I'd rate it as an average boot for me.

• Options
    Mexico City II '03

Release opens the 2nd night; a perfect opening. The guys mean business with an onslaught of Save You, Hail Hail, Animal, Grievance and Corduroy. Ed has a brief chat to the crowd and then In My Tree is next and is superb again. After Dissident and Even Flow, the tempo of the set takes a different direction; first off is You Are. I Am Mine, Small Town and Nothingman work perfectly together even with the aborted start on Small Town. The low tempo is shattered by State Of Love And Trust and Jeremy. Porch closes the main set.

Bu$hleaguer starts off the first encore. The rest of the encore is pretty anthemic with Evolution, Black, Crazy Mary and Alive. For the 3rd gig in a row Corin Tucker joins in on Hunger Strike and the rest of Sleater-Kinney come onstage for Leaving Here. Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter close out the 2nd night in Mexico.

• Options
    Mexico City III '03

Last night of the 72 date tour! Wash opens the final show and like Holmdel it's great. Evolution and Save You follow. The run of Cropduster, Corduroy, Immortality, Wishlist and Even Flow is one I enjoyed. I Am Mine, Thumbing My Way and Daughter change the pace of the set briefly. With My Own Two Hands is tagged to the end of Daughter. MFC and Jeremy are very good. Hunger Strike is played for the 4th show in a row, again with Corin Tucker. Played 3 times at the same venue is abit tiresome if I'm honest. Betterman/Save It For Later is good, the tag extended and improvised. Alive closes the main set.

Ed opens the first encore with You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, telling the crowd it is a request. To describe starting the next song he simply tells the crowd "Eddie & Mike" which of course refers to Present Tense. After Small Town, I think Ed makes a call to Johnny Ramone and gets the crowd to shout out. I Believe In Miracles duly follows. Ed forgets the lyrics at the start of Black but as the rest of the song is excellent he is forgiven! Ed then introduces each band member before they go into an improv leading into Rearviewmirror which closes the encore.

The second encore is a party atmosphere; it's Stone's birthday the day after the show. Chucko Y Los Clasicos sing "Las Mananitas" and Happy Birthday to Stone. The "Mariachi Medley" - La Bamba and Guantanamera follows with the band eventually joining in too. For the third time on the tour, Stone takes the mic for Mankind; he calls this a punishment for the crowd! Last Kiss is played for the crowd behind the stage. Sleater Kinney come back to join in on Leaving Here and Rockin' In The Free World. As it has done at the previous 2 nights in Mexico City, Yellow Ledbetter again closes the show and this time also the tour.

The three Mexico City shows are fun but for me there is nothing great about them. That's the 2003 tour done for me now; this last leg of 35 shows has been a tough one. I'll post my favourite shows from each leg of the tour in a couple of days time.

• Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    Hyde Park 2010 first outdoor experiance of PJ
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    Chile, night 2, 2005
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    2003-04-22 St Louis, MO
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    10th anniversary show, Las Vegas, 2000
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Benaroya Hall, Seattle '03

Could not complete the 2003 boots without putting this one on!

A beautiful Of The Girl opens this acoustic show benefitting the Youthcare Orion Centre. As Of The Girl finishes, Ed comments 'nice place you got here'. Lowlight receives only it's 4th ever play and precedes Thumbing My Way. During Thin Air, after the chorus is played for the first time both Mike & Stone mess up their guitar parts briefly which at the end of the song they both play the notes again. Ed says 'we heard about this room that even slightest mistake everyone will catch onto it. There was no chance of getting away with that one! Fatal then makes it's live debut. In this setting, Nothing As It Seems is perfect. Ed then tells the crowd that they recently met up with Tim Burton and recorded a new song for his new film. Jokingly he says they asked Tim Burton could they be in the movie and he said yes but the guys chickened out of it. Man Of The Hour then is played for the very first time. Immortality acoustic is simply mindblowing. Off He Goes and Around The Bend is a great combo. I think I prefer the band's acoustic version of I Believe In Miracles to the normal version they play. Sleight Of Hand is just awesome as is All Or None especially that solo at the end. Stone says a few words before they launch into Lukin. Ed then recounts Mike's misheard lyrics with Kiss - "I wanna rock and roll all night and part of every day!". Parting Ways excells too and Down acoustically works great as well and closes what is the main set.

Ed starts off the first encore playing Can't Keep on the ukelele. The band come back onstage to perform Dead Man Walking; only it's 3rd performance at the time. One of my favourites from this gig is next; Masters Of War. It's the first time Pearl Jam plays it and I just love it. One of the best versions of Black is next - when Ed passes the vocals over to crowd; goosebumps everytime! A couple of covers follow - Crazy Mary and 25 Minutes To Go (played for the first time). Daughter finishes the encore, Ed tagging on You've Got To Hide Your Love Away to the end of it. The guys can't leave it there though and come back out for one more; the only way to end those special gigs - Yellow Ledbetter.

I don't think there will be any Pearl Jam who hasn't heard this bootleg. I've listened to it countless times over the years. My only regret is it I don't have it on vinyl. Great boot.

• Options
    So now the dust has settled on the 2003 tour for me here's my favourite boots:

Australia/Japan
    Sydney I
    Adelaide
    Melbourne I
    Osaka

North America Leg 1
    West Palm Beach
    Cleveland
    Uniondale
    State College

North America Leg 2
    Missoula
    Dallas
    Bonner Springs
    Detroit II
    Mansfield I
    New York I
    Mansfield III
    Benaroya Hall

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I am FINALLY listening to LA1 2013!! I've only listened to tour premieres since I got back from the US in December last year, I wanted my next boots to be the shows I'd been to & so now, today, finally, 6 weeks after getting the shipping confirmation e-mail I received my boots & so starting at the beginning(for me, my 1st show last year) with LA1! Good thing it's a holiday weekend here in NZ with Fri off work as wel!!!! \:D/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    boyo, i'm shocked the spectrum show from 2003 didn't make your favorites. on to 2004?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

boyo, i'm shocked the spectrum show from 2003 didn't make your favorites. on to 2004?

That show makes my 2nd tier of favourite shows. I'll be starting leg 2 of last years tour next.

• Options
    What were the bottom five from 03 in your humble opinion?
  • Options
    karmadefectkarmadefect Posts: 806
    Vancouver 2005
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

2006 Arnhem 2007 Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Werchter
    2012 Amsterdam 1 2012 Amsterdam 2 2014 Amsterdam 1 2014 Amsterdam 2
    2014 Berlijn
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

There is a challenge! Let me get back to you on that, will have to consult my notes!!!

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    & on to LA2 2013. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I can make a bottom three.....Irvine 2, Las Vegas and Phoenix were ones that didn't do much for me. I didn't find my poor boots in leg 1 of the US shows but there were a few in that 2nd leg. Not surprising with it consisting of 35 shows. The three Mexico shows were no more than average for me as well.

• Options
    boyo79 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I can make a bottom three.....Irvine 2, Las Vegas and Phoenix were ones that didn't do much for me. I didn't find my poor boots in leg 1 of the US shows but there were a few in that 2nd leg. Not surprising with it consisting of 35 shows. The three Mexico shows were no more than average for me as well.
    I have to agree with you in the Mexico boots; they never lived up to the hype. I m surprised Birmingham Alabama didn't make your bottom five list.
    Listening to house of blues 03: what an angry show!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

boyo79 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I have to agree with you in the Mexico boots; they never lived up to the hype. I m surprised Birmingham Alabama didn't make your bottom five list.
    I think Hunger Strike every night was an overkill and there was a few other repeats. Some good fun moments but nothing outstanding. I'll have to revisit the Birmingham one, I remember liking the opening 5 songs and Not For You and Corduroy as well. I've never heard the House Of Blues one, never got round to picking up a recording of it

• Options
    boyo79 said:

mcgruff10 said:

boyo79 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I think Hunger Strike every night was an overkill and there was a few other repeats. Some good fun moments but nothing outstanding. I'll have to revisit the Birmingham one, I remember liking the opening 5 songs and Not For You and Corduroy as well. I've never heard the House Of Blues one, never got round to picking up a recording of it

so you haven't listened to the entire tour ;) hob was a cool show. I won tickets from a radio station and was flown down to florida to see pj play in a very intimate venue. somehow i was on the rail in front of mike.

• Options
    boyo79 said:

Australia/Japan
    Sydney I
    Adelaide
    Melbourne I
    Osaka

North America Leg 1
    West Palm Beach
    Cleveland
    Uniondale
    State College

North America Leg 2
    Missoula
    Dallas
    Bonner Springs
    Detroit II
    Mansfield I
    New York I
    Mansfield III
    Benaroya Hall

boyo i can't find a Detroit show on 2003 tour..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

boyo79 said:

Australia/Japan
    Sydney I
    Adelaide
    Melbourne I
    Osaka

North America Leg 1
    West Palm Beach
    Cleveland
    Uniondale
    State College

North America Leg 2
    Missoula
    Dallas
    Bonner Springs
    Detroit II
    Mansfield I
    New York I
    Mansfield III
    Benaroya Hall

There are two Detroit shows:

http://pearljam.com/setlists/1018/2003/20361/dte_energy_music_theatre

http://pearljam.com/setlists/1018/2003/20362/dte_energy_music_theatre

On this website the shows are listed as Clarkston, Michigan. On the physical cds the labelling is marked as Detroit. They are shows #57 and #58.

• Options
    boyo79 said:

23scidoo said:

boyo79 said:

Australia/Japan
    Sydney I
    Adelaide
    Melbourne I
    Osaka

North America Leg 1
    West Palm Beach
    Cleveland
    Uniondale
    State College

North America Leg 2
    Missoula
    Dallas
    Bonner Springs
    Detroit II
    Mansfield I
    New York I
    Mansfield III
    Benaroya Hall

There are two Detroit shows:

http://pearljam.com/setlists/1018/2003/20361/dte_energy_music_theatre

http://pearljam.com/setlists/1018/2003/20362/dte_energy_music_theatre

On this website the shows are listed as Clarkston, Michigan. On the physical cds the labelling is marked as Detroit. They are shows #57 and #58.
    i was thinking about that..thanks a lot
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.