Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Buenos Aires, Argentina November 13, 2011 (thanks Thelma)
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Santiago '11. Ed gets quite mad at the crowd for not moving back.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    Lima '11. How fucking good is this show?!?!?!? 13 songs in and I've not been disappointed yet, fantastic start with Interstellar Overdrive-Corduroy-Why-Go-Hail Hail-Evolution!!!

Edit.......

Now finished listening to the whole boot. Incredible, this is a gem of a show. Only let-down is Ole but that's gonna let down any show. The Real Me is amazing, probably best version I've heard. I've not really cared for this song and have seen it live myself at Manchester but I was really enjoying the Lima version. A great great show.

• boyo79 wrote:
    Lima '11. How fucking good is this show?!?!?!? 13 songs in and I've not been disappointed yet, fantastic start with Interstellar Overdrive-Corduroy-Why-Go-Hail Hail-Evolution!!!

Edit.......

Now finished listening to the whole boot. Incredible, this is a gem of a show. Only let-down is Ole but that's gonna let down any show. The Real Me is amazing, probably best version I've heard. I've not really cared for this song and have seen it live myself at Manchester but I was really enjoying the Lima version. A great great show.

I'll take note of this :D
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Sao Paulo, Brazil November 4, 2011. Time to order the rest of the SA/CA boots!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    boyo79 wrote:
    Just finished listening to Porto Alegre. Just fantastic. From start to end, perfect. If they played that setlist in Manchester this summer I'd be very happy.

AGREE!!

Not only is it the BEST setlist(imo) for SA, but i also think it's the BEST performance too. BY FAR!!

I still have Lima & Mexico City to listen to though.

Santiago(2011). Average PJ show imo.
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Canada 20011
  • Rio 2011-Just heard "Immortality"-stunning version!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • boyo79 wrote:

Edit.......

Lima '11!!

definitely a great show!!!

i was there
    BS.AS. 26/11/05; LIMA 18/11/11
    cutz wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Just finished listening to Porto Alegre. Just fantastic. From start to end, perfect. If they played that setlist in Manchester this summer I'd be very happy.

AGREE!!

Not only is it the BEST setlist(imo) for SA, but i also think it's the BEST performance too. BY FAR!!

I still have Lima & Mexico City to listen to though.

Santiago(2011). Average PJ show imo.

I definitely agree, best setlist (to my tastes) and best performance of the SA tour. Lima is pretty special too. Porto Alegre, Curitiba and Lima were the stand-out shows for me, I thought the rest of the SA boots were pretty average. BA gets talked about alot but I don't think the setlist or performance is anything special, just that crowd that is insane!
    boyo79 wrote:

Edit.......

Lima '11!!

definitely a great show!!!

i was there

I was blown away by how good this boot is, one hell of a show to be at!

San Jose '11.

Finished all the SA '11 boots now. Onto the 2005 tour next, Vancouver up first...

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    chicago 09
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • santa barbara 2003
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Not right now but not long finished listening to Hamburg 2000. I love the slightly more relaxed approach to playing the songs they had on this leg of the tour. There are great performances of Black, Light Years and Present Tense just to name a few and Ed even remembers the lyrics to an awesome version of Evacuation (I know many don't rate this song but it has grown on me over the years). There's not much talking which I must admit I love sometimes and the only letdown on the setlist for me is Baba O' Riley (now I know many do rate this song but it's never done much for me). Great show though, Germany always seems to get good performances from PJ and I'll be watching the Berlin setlist relays this year with interest. I'm beginning to wish I'd chosen these shows instead of Manchester.... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    boyo79 wrote:
    San Jose '11.

Finished all the SA '11 boots now. Onto the 2005 tour next, Vancouver up first...

How do you rank the 2011 SA shows from top to bottom? thanks...
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Katowice,Poland 06/16/00
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    boyo79 wrote:
    San Jose '11.

How do you rank the 2011 SA shows from top to bottom? thanks...

1. Porto Alegre
    2. Curitiba
    3. Lima

After that I thought the rest were pretty much the same, I didn't think any were special. The crowd at BA is great but I didn't think the setlist or performance was anything to shout about The Sao Paulo's and Rio were probably my least favourite.

lima 11
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Salzburg 00, beautiful venue and great setlist. Very chilled out atmosphere and the improv before Present Tense is one of Ed's best. :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Sao Paulo 2011-11-03
  • lima 11

The people in Lima were crazy, very very crazy... when start play the last song of X, Eddie jumped to the stage and simply the people was insane...the madness was unleashed!!!!
    Berlin 2010. This is such a great show and I've lost count of how many times I've heard it now. Push Me Pull Me, Immortality and In Hiding all early back to back really ignited what was already shaping up to be a good setlist. Low Light is so much better outdoors than in an arena. I loved when the two REM guys came out for Kick Out The Jams and there's not much you can add to what has already been said about the second encore. It would only be nitpicking but following Long Road with something as poppy as Got Some is slightly weak and dropping RVM for a cover of Public Image is sinful!! A great time was had though and I'll never forget the moment I first saw the venue for real.

Madrid 07
  • veddertown wrote:
    Berlin 2010. This is such a great show and I've lost count of how many times I've heard it now. Push Me Pull Me, Immortality and In Hiding all early back to back really ignited what was already shaping up to be a good setlist. Low Light is so much better outdoors than in an arena. I loved when the two REM guys came out for Kick Out The Jams and there's not much you can add to what has already been said about the second encore. It would only be nitpicking but following Long Road with something as poppy as Got Some is slightly weak and dropping RVM for a cover of Public Image is sinful!! A great time was had though and I'll never forget the moment I first saw the venue for real.

2009 and 2006 was even better

2006 Berlin Black-Porch i love it!
  • Pink pop festival '92! full TEN...
    Berlin '96. From the Soundboard Remaster Series. Incredible

ny 2 98
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Prague 2000
  • papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    All of them.
    :D
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    All of them.
    :D

:shock:
    I wonder how long it would take to listen to every PJ bootleg in a row... :think:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016