A newly converted Pearl Jam Fan

ScottishPJFanScottishPJFan Posts: 10
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So, i'm sitting at home on Wednesday night messing around on the PC, and i get a Text (SMS) message from my friend saying "I hear this Eddie Vedder guy is a genius". (This friend is a U2, Coldplay, Oasis fan and has never listened to Pearl Jam).

I give him a call and tell him he hears right, Ed is a genius along with the rest of the guy's in PJ, and if he wanted to listen to some stuff i will loan him my Into the Wild (which i can;t stop playing just now, stunning album btw!) and i'll do a small compilation of PJ stuff for him too. (Alive, Jeremy, Animal, WMA, Indifference, Betterman, Courdroy, Off He Goes, Red Mosquito, Faithful, Given to Fly, Light Years, Insignificance, You Are, Love Boat Captain, World Wide Suicide, Parachutes and topping it of with Breath and Education cos they're fuckin awesome!)

So, Thursday night he phones me up and is going hyper down the phone telling me that he'd just spent the whole day listening to Into the Wild on repeat and is blown away how fantastic it is. (i tell him to get his facts straight, "Stunning" rather than "Fantastic", but hey, he's newly converted so will give him a break!) I ask him if he had a chance to listen to the PJ compilation and he tells me he's gonna give it a listen on Friday afternoon/evening (fair enough, i'll forgive his patience after what he said about into the wild).

So, it's now 07:34 (London, UK) and about 20 minutes ago, i had a phone call from my very hyper active friend telling me how much he loved the compilation and couldn;t stop playing it all Friday night. Excellent i say. he says "no, whats excellent is i listened Indifference on repeat ALL night"!!

Now then, i'm slightly concerned, that while i'm delighted to have converted this friend from the dross of his usual taste, the guy has lost the fucking plot!! He's demanded that i loan him ALL my PJ Cd's so he can listen to them. (because i'm a bit tired after being awoken by this nutter i just agree and say sure, i'll drop them round later, didn't bother tell him that there's probably 50+ of them!!!!)

No Harm in another PJ fan in the world. Thanks for reading my ramble and apologies if it's boring, just wanted to share with you all.
London, Wembley Arena, May 30 2000, one of the best nights of my life.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Excellent i say. he says "no, whats excellent is i listened Indifference on repeat ALL night"!!

Sorry, just realised when i say "ALL Night", he actually meant from around Midnight until he phoned me at 0700 this morning!!!
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    What have you done!?

You´ve created a monster :D
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    What have you done!?

You´ve created a monster :D

....... I think you could be right there, he just sent me a message asking if I have any DVD's of PJ too!
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    ....... I think you could be right there, he just sent me a message asking if I have any DVD's of PJ too!

Cool!
    Hope your friend gets to see PJ live on their next world/euro-tour (2009!?)
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • What is the guy 5 years-old? How has he survived this long without being exposed to Pearl Jam?

Cool story though. His life just started...
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    ..sounds as if he is on a nice path...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    tell him to listen to the PJ station on aol radio.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    give him IIC and he'll be begging you for spare 10c tickets next... e-mailing 10c about tour dates and partice breaking the speed record to singing Lukin...
  • nothing quite like spreading the jam
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    welcome to the pit. enjoy your stay.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    welcome to the religion. enjoy your worship
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick