Options

Best opener ever??

13»

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    I've only been to two shows and the openers were Sonic Youth and Sleater-Kinney. I really enjoyed both bands and got interested in their music because of playing a good set before PJ took the stage. Of those two bands, Sleater-Kinney had a better set although I like Sonic Youth more than Sleater-Kinney.

I would have liked to have seen Mudhoney open for PJ as that would let me see two of my favorite bands in the same night. Hell, I would just like to be able to see Mudhoney regardless of opening or headlining a show.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    I've only been to two shows and the openers were Sonic Youth and Sleater-Kinney. I really enjoyed both bands and got interested in their music because of playing a good set before PJ took the stage. Of those two bands, Sleater-Kinney had a better set although I like Sonic Youth more than Sleater-Kinney.

I would have liked to have seen Mudhoney open for PJ as that would let me see two of my favorite bands in the same night. Hell, I would just like to be able to see Mudhoney regardless of opening or headlining a show.

mudhoney was better at the cat's cradle the night before they opened for pearl jam

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Of the shows that I've been to the best was Iggy Pop in '98.

I was looking forward to seeing Sonic Youth in 2000 but that didn't really happen although it was extremely cool to see Eddie do an extended pre-set, and perform Parting Ways and Naked Eye with some of the members of Sonic Youth.

I wasn't a big fan of the rest.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11